Guinness World Records updated Madonna's sales

proxy

Well is she or is she not lol

On an episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC) on 10 August 2022, guest Madonna (USA, b. Madonna Ciccone) claimed that she had sold over 400 million records (albums and singles, including digital) during her career. Although precise sales figures are difficult to obtain and are often disputed, it is widely acknowledged that only The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson have conclusively sold more records worldwide than Madonna, with most estimates settling on a figure between 300 and 400 million.

49 minutes ago, proxy said:

Can you read, it's impossible to count perfectly her sales, they estimates that she sells 400 millions records, it's now number of her sales according to them.

Can you? The paragraph contradicts Madonna's claim, and they dont back up the statement with their own findings.

I celebrate the accomplish and title, I'm just pointing out the confusion in Guinness's claim. Oh well.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Can you? The paragraph contradicts Madonna's claim, and they dont back up the statement with their own findings.

I celebrate the accomplish and title, I'm just pointing out the confusion in Guinness's claim. Oh well.

It's always estimate sale's, they only citing Madonna, she said that like 2 years ago, they obviously did they own research. And Madonna was around 350 millions for more than 20+ years.