Least favorite album

Honey Little

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I had no idea some of her fans don't like Madame X. It's arguably the album that made me a true fan of Madonna. I think it's her best album since Confessions. Back to her experimental artistry.

45 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

Agree. Madame X is amazing for its variety and artistry. Even the videos were amazing (ignoring God Control vid and song which were so close to an effective message but squibbed it)

My least fav is MDNA (obviously), a few bits to love (Gang Bang, Love spent, sinner, falling free) but overall a populist pandering hodgepodge for Madonna standards. You need to be on something brain numbing to listen through some girls and superstar

I hope for the day the team change significantly and realize Madonna is not a dance artist. Pandering to that subset really damaged the brand l think

yessssss

looking for mercy? a masterpiece

future?

god control? and the video of god control?

i dont search i find?

medellin....

all amazing songs....

Finally someone who understand a less commercial madonna masterpiece....

6 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I know how you feel. If I had turned into a M stan in the 80's or the 90's naturally would despise these particular albums. In fact, MDNA is just starting leaving the bad taste it has given in my mouth for years. Hard Candy was another story as it was the apex of my M idolatry. Would love to feel what I felt in 2008 if I had got how.

Sad... you know how much i love mdna and hard candy

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I had no idea some of her fans don't like Madame X. It's arguably the album that made me a true fan of Madonna. I think it's her best album since Confessions. Back to her experimental artistry.

Well, she thought she could leave Interscope by front door, when in fact she ended up being worse than when she left Warner. But there's a M album to everyone in her wide spectrum of fans and stans.

Just now, dave2290 said:

Sad... you know how much i love mdna and hard candy

I have always loved Hard Candy to the expense of my reputation as a veteran fan. The thrill it gave to me is unmatched to date.

MDNA came at a very difficult time of my life as both person and M stan. Let's just say Rebel Heart redeemed ot all. And now I can enjoy MDNA as I did back in the first months of 2012. As Kylie said about her own song catalogue, I am now in peace with all Madonna's repertoire.

5 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I have always loved Hard Candy to the expense of my reputation as a veteran fan. The thrill it gave to me is unmatched to date.

MDNA came at a very difficult time of my life as both person and M stan. Let's just say Rebel Heart redeemed ot all. And now I can enjoy MDNA as I did back in the first months of 2012. As Kylie said about her own song catalogue, I am now in peace with all Madonna's repertoire.

yes rebel heart  is amazing.... love the album too @Anapausis

8 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

the interscope label doing nothing for M .... zero ....

Believe me, Dave, she would never sign to them if it weren't for Live Nation, and people here believed her signing to them was a way of her to give an "answer" to Gaga's situation.

After leaving them, she got hands tied with Warner, hence the current multiyear deal.

43 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

yessssss

looking for mercy? a masterpiece

future?

god control? and the video of god control?

i dont search i find?

medellin....

all amazing songs....

Finally someone who understand a less commercial madonna masterpiece....

Love her voice on Looking for Mercy, just beautiful.

Crazy is my favourite, l could take more Madonna and accordion 

Its such a pity the ''World of Madame X '' mini movie was buried as an exclusive on a streaming service no one watches. It was a great insight into Madonna and a rare moment where she was not trying to be too cool or overly self conscious (like on the tour stage!)

8 hours ago, cyberrage said:

Love her voice on Looking for Mercy, just beautiful.

Crazy is my favourite, l could take more Madonna and accordion 

Its such a pity the ''World of Madame X '' mini movie was buried as an exclusive on a streaming service no one watches. It was a great insight into Madonna and a rare moment where she was not trying to be too cool or overly self conscious (like on the tour stage!)

someone who speak my language....

yes....

love M but her staff make a bad decision after another bad decision non stop in the last few years....

35 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

100%  - I think it was the worst decision of her career to leave Warners and go with Interscope because we got easily her 3 worst albums while with Interscope 

putting out  the albums, taste are taste, but warner always help M in building her career .... interscope doing nothing just want to make money on M fame, history and name without doing absolutely nothing.... horrible

1 minute ago, dave2290 said:

putting out  the albums, taste are taste, but warner always help M in building her career .... interscope doing nothing just want to make money on M fame, history and name without doing absolutely nothing.... horrible

I agree  - I think Warners would have guided her better on those 3 albums to make the most of the material and get it really polished before they were released as there are good moments in all of them -  help with final mixes and production that could have been improved on, track selection to only the best tracks, single choices and timing, quality of remixes and promotion. I remember reading with American Life Warners asked her to do more work on some of the mixes before it's release. I think Interscope didn't care about the music and did nothing to help Madonna continue her successful recording career during her time with them. I think we got 3 unfinished albums that could have been so much better if properly supported by the record label with effort and expertise - but impression is that Interscope put no effort in and didn't have the same expertise to help guide an artist in making a final version of their record in terms of mixes and track selection and promotional clout that Warners have.

8 hours ago, dave2290 said:

@MDNA22 finally, after all this years of total zero.... shes back with warner... the label who really work to help M be at,the top.... someone who really put out money because they really belive in M..... i hope the best for her and her next albums....

I hope so too - am really optimistic for what she might come up with now she is back with Warners

I love all 15 Madonna albums (I definitely count Breathless as a studio album) but Like a Virgin is my least favorite.  It just feels less like a Madonna album than most (to me).  LAV has some great songs but she seems to have written less of the material and it feels less personal to me.  Unpopular opinion but I would take any of the Interscope albums over LAV if I had to make a choice.  Thankfully, I don't.  Lol

Rebel Heart. I think we got spoiled from the leaked demos before the album launch and ended up being disappointed with the final mixes. Some songs were better from the leaked demos. I remember thinking this was going to be her next best dance album since Confessions only to be slapped with several ballads and acoustics. However, I'm very fond of Hold Tight, Bitch I'm Madonna, and Living for Love.

You know what, I change my mind... MDNA is my least favorite from hers! LMAO

Rebel Heart is an excellent album. Demos and also finished versions. 

It deserved a proper 4th single with a video, and maybe a 'huge' event as part of the promo campaign, but it's perfect as it is. 

My least favourite album is Like a Virgin. Really dated and corny. I see the importance of it on her career though. I see Like a Prayer on the same level... 2 or 3 good singles, and the rest dated and corny, hell it was even dated when it was released and they had to remix everything.