Madonna Referencing Previous Lyrics

RUADJAI

Bitch has referenced Keep it Together twice on two songs (the dreadful Hey You, and the demo of The Beat Goes On), but refuses to do it live 🤣

Oh Father on Intervention? ("Oh mother, oh father")

Like A Virgin referenced on the remix of Waiting in the rap (or was it Did You Do It?).

Each Time You Break My Heart was referenced on Waiting ("you break my heart"/"you broke my heart"). 

On 2/8/2024 at 8:43 PM, extreme said:

Hey you and It's so cool:

Save your soul, little sister
Save your soul, dear little brother.

Don't forget It's So Cool was originally written in 2002/3 during American Life sessions and much probably M wasn't thinking in releasing it when she wrote Hey You in 2007, so she could have thought of recycling these 2 verses from ISC before ever reworking the whole demo with Paul Oakenfold and eventually releasing it in 2009 (around the same time, Mirwaïs also reworked this 2002 demo having hopes that M would pick up his rework over Oakenfold's, but this didn't happen - imho Madonna did the perfect choice).

She references Justify My Love on Best Night

"I'll make this the best night of your life Surrender to the pleasure (wanting) When we breath in together (waiting) It's either now or never (for you) This feeling will take over No sex tapes, no camera (wanting) Just you and me together (waiting) Repeat it like a mantra (for you) I'm in love, I'm in love..."

• 3 weeks later...

In I’d Rather Be Your Lover it’s I could be your sister, mother, friends, brother but I’d rather be your lover.

In Justify My Love it’s mother, sister, I just want to be your lover.

Happiness lies in your hand in both Secret and IRBYL.

I thought of a really good one when i was stoned the other day but i forget so maybe it’ll come back to me.