Celebration tour (SPOILERS) My First Time Ever Seeing Madonna (2/1, Chicago)

This may be two days late (in typical Madonna fashion), but I finally got to see Madonna for the first time ever on Thursday night! Out of all the concerts I’ve got to, this one was easily the best one. I could not believe that at 65 and after nearly dying last year, she was able to put on such a spectacular performance. It defied all of my expectations (I had none, given the circumstances).

The fact that I was going to see her… it didn’t feel real at all until she came on at 9:50. She was late but I didn’t give a shit. I’ve waited 3 years to go to one of her shows. I could have waited 3 hours if I had to. And then she came on managed to hit every single note with surprisingly amazing vocals. Her voice, her dancing, the stage, the lighting, all of it was basically immaculate. I was singing along to just about every song. Die Another Day was one of the high points with the choreography and lighting show. I was crying during Live to Tell and her tribute to Michael Jackson. And I was in total disbelief that she brought out Bad Girl and Bedtime Story, neither of which have been performed in about 30 years if I recall correctly. I do wish the ending was different and I think the last act as a whole ended too quickly, but I can see why it was done the way it was. But overall, just about everything was amazing.

To see the reigning queen for the first time ever, it was absolutely a treat. It’s one of the highest points of my life (so far). I can say I finally got to see the greatest female performer in the history of music. Even though I’m a couple days removed, I’m still euphoria-high over it. (Side note: As an extreme minority of the fan base, a 21-year-old straight guy, I can confirm that straight gen-Z’ers do exist in the fandom)

I’m absolutely crazy for Madonna and this show, which is why I’m running it back next month with floor seats.

IMG_7097.thumb.jpeg.2a1bf93110a131ee0b80bdbd7f4ceca5.jpegIMG_7103.thumb.jpeg.425c9a846924ffa75bfc4c8fce7dd623.jpeg