Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

If it happens cant the lovely fans here going put together for a balcony room so they dont get squashed on the beach, take your own food and snacks and have a little dance from there??? (Once you know where the stage is). Your own toilet, you wont rob each other or get crushed on the metros.... 

7 minutes ago, scallywally said:

If it happens cant the lovely fans here going put together for a balcony room so they dont get squashed on the beach, take your own food and snacks and have a little dance from there??? (Once you know where the stage is). Your own toilet, you wont rob each other or get crushed on the metros.... 

you are high class....... suite, jacuzzi in the bathroom.....

the others squashed on the Beach.......

ha ha ha!!!!

Low class people...... 

crazy!!!!

Leona Helmsley 

7 minutes ago, rodrigochecchia said:

Madonna in Rio: plane circles the Copacabana waterfront with the track 'Brazil, I'm coming'

In the morning, the mayor of Rio posted an image of the singer Madonna and wrote 'signs'. Despite the jokes, the announcement has not yet been officially made.

In Rio style, a small plane flew over the Copacabana seafront this Wednesday (20) with a banner with the phrase: "Brazil, I'm coming" . g1 found that, yes, the one who "is coming" to the country – according to the sign in the sky – is the singer Madonna .

The announcement is not yet official, but there is less and less doubt about the North American pop star's show in Rio.

Earlier, Mayor Eduardo Paes posted art with images of the singer and wrote: "Signs, strong signals."

The megashow is part of The Celebration Tour, which began in October. Madonna has already sung three times in Brazil, and has not performed in the country since 2012.

Even before official confirmation, the rumors left fans of the pop star anxious. Hotels reported an increase in demand and many people from outside Rio risked buying tickets.

“In my head it is confirmed. It's going to be the best show of my life. I’m going to take the opportunity to arrive early, book my spot on the beach and make the most of it”, nurse Ieda Caetano told RJ2.

A teacher from Goiás came forward so as not to miss the chance.

33 minutes ago, scallywally said:

My Aussie friend I am so sorry to inform you but Rio isn't Buenos Aires to have a Casa Rosada so M can be at a balcony singing Garota de Ipanema instead of this:

Or you mean "balcony section" like in a theater? Damn we will see her from miles away, lucky we are if we see some large screen at all...

Ok @scallywally so you mean "watch Madonna through our own balcony rooms," and I say, not everyone here has the luxury of getting a balcony! (Talking about myself, I am the one resident of entire story of my building to not own a balcony, and I pay exact the same amount of cash every unity of my building has to...)

1 hour ago, rodrigochecchia said:

Madonna in Rio: plane circles the Copacabana waterfront with the track 'Brazil, I'm coming'

In the morning, the mayor of Rio posted an image of the singer Madonna and wrote 'signs'. Despite the jokes, the announcement has not yet been officially made.

In Rio style, a small plane flew over the Copacabana seafront this Wednesday (20) with a banner with the phrase: "Brazil, I'm coming" . g1 found that, yes, the one who "is coming" to the country – according to the sign in the sky – is the singer Madonna .

The announcement is not yet official, but there is less and less doubt about the North American pop star's show in Rio.

Earlier, Mayor Eduardo Paes posted art with images of the singer and wrote: "Signs, strong signals."

The megashow is part of The Celebration Tour, which began in October. Madonna has already sung three times in Brazil, and has not performed in the country since 2012.

Even before official confirmation, the rumors left fans of the pop star anxious. Hotels reported an increase in demand and many people from outside Rio risked buying tickets.

“In my head it is confirmed. It's going to be the best show of my life. I’m going to take the opportunity to arrive early, book my spot on the beach and make the most of it”, nurse Ieda Caetano told RJ2.

A teacher from Goiás came forward so as not to miss the chance.

I can't believe they're still playing the "will it happen? hihihi" hype game instead of being quiet and officially announcing it when it's ready and she's signed the contract.

She should ask for another 3 million more, honestly. They're so unprofessional just for attention. If it doesn't happen in the end for any reason, people will blame her when the promoters and organizers should be the only ones to blame.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I can't believe they're still playing the "will it happen? hihihi" hype game instead of being quiet and officially announcing it when it's ready and she's signed the contract.

She should ask for another 3 million more, honestly. They're so unprofessional just for attention. If it doesn't happen in the end for any reason, people will blame her when the promoters and organizers should be the only ones to blame.

Who is unprofessional? If this is happening they are playing a perfect pr game named Edging that’s it  

She didn’t ask for $3 mill more because the negotiations leaked, she might have asked them because she could charge that amount though and she surely got them. 

14 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Who is unprofessional? If this is happening they are playing a perfect pr game named Edging that’s it  

She didn’t ask for $3 mill more because the negotiations leaked, she might have asked them because she could charge that amount though and she surely got them. 

It was reported she wasn't happy with the leak and that's why she asked for the extra charge - Which can be true or not like everything else with this show, depending of who and what we want to believe.

PR and edging is great when things are finalized and closed and contracts are signed. When that's not the case is just using the artist name for their own agendas and to push them to do it - see also Glastonbury months ago.

If everything's done now and she already signed, all good. If it isn't, it is highly unprofessional indeed.

She will be the one burned by the people if things go wrong, not the organizers, when she hasn't officially announced anything - everything so far has come from them.

49 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Also, can someone please send the seating chart from previous concerts here, like The Rolling Stones one so we can get a map? And will there be chairs provided? 

There was no seating chart, just a simple general standing admission... in that case: every gay/girl/they for themselves lol

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

The mayor said that upon request of the singer, all cell phones will be taken by police officials. Madonna does not want people to to be distracted by their phones. The mayor said to “Leave the phones at home or police will take the phone and issue a citation”

sure, they will take away one million phones... you can't prohibit people from taking their phone to a public beach, what is this nonsense :laughing:

7 hours ago, Nahash said:

EDIT: I used to be Anapausis member - but now I am something better.

for being a carioca da gema.

So you were @Anuspuajsis. No wonder your writing style was familiar to me. But tell me, why did you decide to change your name? The previous one was more fun although I don't know if it meant anything in particular to be honest. Anyway, I'm glad you're still on the forum. Your extensive knowledge not only about Madonna but about culture in general is necessary here, especially for people like me who do not have the same level of knowledge as you. 

It's your birthday? I won't ask your age out of respect and discretion, although I seem to remember that you said you were 60 years old in previous posts. In times where people in their 30s are already considered old for these new generations, we know that age does not matter, but how we live life. And enjoying it as much as we can will always be the best option, my friend.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

It was reported she wasn't happy with the leak and that's why she asked for the extra charge - Which can be true or not like everything else with this show, depending of who and what we want to believe.

PR and edging is great when things are finalized and closed and contracts are signed. When that's not the case is just using the artist name for their own agendas and to push them to do it - see also Glastonbury months ago.

If everything's done now and she already signed, all good. If it isn't, it is highly unprofessional indeed.

She will be the one burned by the people if things go wrong, not the organizers, when she hasn't officially announced anything - everything so far has come from them.

So we decide to believe exactly the same media that now is acting unprofessional, about the 3 million dollar breach of secrecy fine, but not that what they are doing right is part of the PR plan?

What happened when she wasn’t announced in Glastonbury? Nothing (maybe some twitter Stan wars) but nothing happened, and nothing will happen in Brasil 

If she doesn’t go, what would? A bunch of fans would get hysterical and some media would report she isn’t going, I bet if you make a survey not even 2% of the total population of Brasil know this is happening 

I’m sorry but to think that a whole country would be devastated for a Madonna beach concert and burn her at the stake for it is truly  overestimating Madonna and the reach this whole information has permeated 

2 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

So we decide to believe exactly the same media that now is acting unprofessional, about the 3 million dollar breach of secrecy fine, but not that what they are doing right is part of the PR plan?

What happened when she wasn’t announced in Glastonbury? Nothing (maybe some twitter Stan wars) but nothing happened, and nothing will happen in Brasil 

If she doesn’t go, what would? A bunch of fans would get hysterical and some media would report she isn’t going, I bet if you make a survey not even 2% of the total population of Brasil know this is happening 

I’m sorry but to think that a whole country would be devastated for a Madonna beach concert and burn her at the stake for it is truly  overestimating Madonna and the reach this whole information has permeated 

Glastonbury was different. Organizers leaked her name as part of the negotiations (probably to create hype for this year and also to try to push her to sign) but she was never officially announced by them as part of the festival. So there was no meltdown.

With this they've gone further. Madonna has been widely announced to do a show in Brazil by Brazilian promoters and media - but she hasn't officially announced s**t yet.

Of course a whole country won't care, especially such a big one. But her fans will and there are people booking hotels and flights for those days. And I insist: if the show doesn't happen, they will be mad at her, when she hasn't done anything.

Anyway, I think it will happen at this point but they way it's been handled by promoters leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

They're incredibly (but not surprisingly) disgusting to all levels (Brazilian media and politicians). If M still feels like performing here after all this bullshit, she should postpone the date for the end of the year, after all, if it's a one-off concert drasticly different from Celebration Tour, she surely needs time to properly rehearse it very well.

1 hour ago, lennyleonard said:

There was no seating chart, just a simple general standing admission... in that case: every gay/girl/they for themselves lol

As if we had the luxury of seats to a concert held at Copacabana beach... Oh gosh sorry piojitx but you shouldn't take the yerba while weather's burning in Argentina the same way it does in Rio...

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Glastonbury was different. Organizers leaked her name as part of the negotiations (probably to create hype for this year and also to try to push her to sign) but she was never officially announced by them as part of the festival. So there was no meltdown.

With this they've gone further. Madonna has been widely announced to do a show in Brazil by Brazilian promoters and media - but she hasn't officially announced s**t yet.

Of course a whole country won't care, especially such a big one. But her fans will and there are people booking hotels and flights for those days. And I insist: if the show doesn't happen, they will be mad at her, when she hasn't done anything.

Anyway, I think it will happen at this point but they way it's been handled by promoters leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

There’s not a single formal media that has confirmed anything in Brasil. 

If we like to continue the Glastonbury comparisons if their organizers leaked her name that’s a very formal source of information 

I'm only stating the facts

Or maybe we believe Drowned Madonna as a legitimate source of information 🙄

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced