Human Nature original chart run

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

No remixes with. the UK single release for Take A Bow and a boring CD single cover didn't help  - think the remixes got released later or just separately on a US import CD

...i just said that lol

The "limited" or "special" edition was literally the same cd same tracklist etc just in a jewel case with a border around the artwork.

My question was....did TAB do better than Bedtime Story despite TAB not making top 10 while Bedtime did?

On 5/24/2024 at 2:36 PM, Jackie said:

Yea, which is understandable also -pros and cons on living on a very large island lol

At the same time, every other major artist comes here frequently enough. I think it's just not a priority for her. Her reputation in Australia would've been okay still if she visited during Confessions or Sticky & Sweet. She could've easily done that stadiums here at that time.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:06 AM, MDNA22 said:

No remixes with. the UK single release for Take A Bow and a boring CD single cover didn't help  - think the remixes got released later or just separately on a US import CD

UK Take A Bow release could've definitely been done better. 

On 5/24/2024 at 10:39 AM, GregVsMatt said:

From what I recall there was a higher budget given to Australia after The Girlie Show was the biggest tour in Australian history - and a second budget allocated in 1995 - Australia was one of M's biggest markets in the 80s/90s/ early 2000s - it was the lack of touring that disengaged her casual fans later 

Oh I get that esp from Warner.

What I don’t get is why Madonna herself would care about how her singles chart in Australia, or even Warner Music USA themselves. Once you take budget out of it from Warner, I don’t think Madonna herself could care less how her singles chart here despite it being one of her biggest markets.

3 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

Oh I get that esp from Warner.

What I don’t get is why Madonna herself would care about how her singles chart in Australia, or even Warner Music USA themselves. Once you take budget out of it from Warner, I don’t think Madonna herself could care less how her singles chart here despite it being one of her biggest markets.

But she's always been an excellent marketing woman.

Of course she cared - and care, remember the 2019 Billboard interview joking with them ("but you don't want me anymore!") - about the main music markets in the world, and Australia was definitely one of them back them.

It's business. Of course they all cared.

21 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

At the same time, every other major artist comes here frequently enough. I think it's just not a priority for her. Her reputation in Australia would've been okay still if she visited during Confessions or Sticky & Sweet. She could've easily done that stadiums here at that time.

oh 100% - she would have sold those out in no time!

On 5/22/2024 at 4:33 PM, Blue Jean said:

You should try Like a Prayer in reverse, there are secret Satan worshipping lyrics coded in that song

Countless people would agree with you. People would rather listen to backwards "Like a prayer" than listen to "Bedtime stories album" .