Shelley Duvall, star of The Shining and Annie Hall, dies aged 75

The original "hello" queen has passed away.

For anyone old enough to remember her from Faerie Tale Theatre and the Shinning. Dan Gilroy (from the breakfast club) ended up being Shelley's life long partner since 1989 after he dated Madonna in the Breakfast Club years. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/jul/11/shelley-duvall-star-of-the-shining-and-annie-hall-dies-aged-75

4 hours ago, Adonna said:

Ahh that's too bad!  I really enjoyed her in a number of films.  Of course The Shining and Popeye are roles I remember most.   May she R.I.P.

But why is this posted in the Madonna discussion forum?

There used to be a random or non Madonna section in this forum. I can't find that section anymore and I was going to post it there. On the side note, Dan Gilroy took care of Shelley for decades she was mostly unheard of until 2016 with Dr Phil exposing her mental health. Dan revealed most of his contributions sometime in 2018 while working on the movie "Madonna and the breakfast club" by Guy Guido. I thought it was interesting connection since Shelley was massive in the late 70s and 80s.

9 hours ago, Piksel8 said:

There used to be a random or non Madonna section in this forum. I can't find that section anymore and I was going to post it there. On the side note, Dan Gilroy took care of Shelley for decades she was mostly unheard of until 2016 with Dr Phil exposing her mental health. Dan revealed most of his contributions sometime in 2018 while working on the movie "Madonna and the breakfast club" by Guy Guido. I thought it was interesting connection since Shelley was massive in the late 70s and 80s.

https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/forum/35-movies-✖-shows/

6 minutes ago, Visual said:

Is it just me or does she look exactly like the lady that played Carol Brady in the 90s movies?

they're very different imho...the one you're talking about is Shelley Long

8 minutes ago, Visual said:

Very different? You don't see it? Shelley_Long_with_Terrie_Frankel_1996_Ca

Actually,  I see a slight resemblance, especially in their smiles and similar facial structures, mostly lower part of their face.  Shelly Long has a more average fuller face while Shelly Duvall had a very unique quirky look.  What is fascinating to me is that they both have the same first name, and not until today have I even thought about them looking alike, but I sorta see it.  But there is no doubt, that the two still look different enough that you could tell the apart.