Madonna: Confessions On A Dance Floor (Poll)

Madonna: Confessions on A Dance Floor  

41 members voted

1. 1. Generally speaking this album got rave reviews, but what did you think about it? What song caught your attention?

Posted Image

Critically speaking, this album did great; they called it the return of Madonna, though we had known all along that she had never left.  From a fan's perspective, some loved it some hated it and therefore it got lukewarm reviews.  Personally, what did you think?  What cut stood out for you and why?

For me, it was Jump.  Though I did not like her look in the video, the new "dance craze" at that time definitely caught my attention and the song itself is just fantastic.

Jump! but I would say I Love New York is right on it's tail most of the time. I always love this album when it comes to playing it threw if anyone who else was like whoa there is traffic sounds either before or after ILVY starts?  :lord:

Also I am never using the recommended Tapatalk again, you loose like soo much of the forums features and seen advertised forever. So I get a phone again and this thread has no poll? Yeah no. 

I voted Future Lovers. I can't really put my finger on why TBH.

As far as Sorry is concerned, i think it's a fantastic song, and it hit number 1 here in the UK (GT got to #7, J got to #9). I prefer it over Hung Up and Get Together personally (i prefer the demo's of GT over the final, album version), but hey, that's just my opinion 😊.

In terms of the whole album, i know it gets some stick, but i really like it. It's not her best at all, it's like a 7/7.5 out of 10 for me. It's just that some of the other albums are 8, 9 or 10 out of 10 for me.

• 11 months later...

All the singles were chosen very correctly, and my favorites are 'Get Together', 'Sorry', and 'Jump'. But 'Sorry' is my absolute fave with its "fuck you" message in the coolest way possible. I am surprised to see that it is usually disliked by fans and even by Madonna herself.