Madonna: Rebel Heart (Poll)

Madonna: Rebel Heart (Poll)  

41 members voted

1. 1. From her most recent album, which song cut it for you?

• Living For Love
    • Devil Pray
    • Ghosttown
    • Unapologetic Bitch
    • Illuminati
    • Bitch I'm Madonna
    • Hold Tight
    • Joan Of Arc
    • Iconic
    • HeartBreakCity
    • Body Shop
    • Holy Water
    • Inside Out
    • Wash All Over Me
    • Best Night
    • Veni Vedi Vici
    • S.E.X.
    • Messiah
    • Rebel Heart

Posted Image

While this is not one of my favorite Madonna albums (to start out with, even some of the titles of the songs seem ridiculous---yes, I know, that's petty), there are a few stand out songs from this record.  Ghosttown, for instance.  Holy Water is definitely the IT jam for me on this album, though; even the way that she performed it during the tour (the second one that my daughter was with me at) was freakin' classic!  

So, which song did it for you?  And while we're at it, do you even like this album?  (I know that I mention her a lot) but my daughter is crazy about this album while, for me, it is just mediocre.  

Just like you, this isn't one of my top M albums. But I do think it's pretty solid and has some great songs in it, although I think she could do better, but still...

It's actually a very complicated decision, but my favorite track is Holy Water! At first, I didn't understood all the hype this song was getting, but I realized it's a very wonderful song

Just like you, this isn't one of my top M albums. But I do think it's pretty solid and has some great songs in it, although I think she could do better, but still...

It's actually a very complicated decision, but my favorite track is Holy Water! At first, I didn't understood all the hype this song was getting, but I realized it's a very wonderful song

That vogue sample is and will always be killer!

But I have to say Unapologetic, what I wanted when I heard Diplo was apart.

I feel like this album did and still does have so much potential. If it had just went through one more discerning eye it could have been great, as most songs have at least one thing about them that just kills it. 

Luckily she can and probably will remix these tracks on tour in the future. 

I feel like Bitch I'm Madonna is the most "on point" moment of this collection, but I am in love with HeartbreakCity. Its has this Moby-esque quality thats both big and soulful and simple at the same time. 

I love "Rebel Heart", it's my favourite right next to "American Life". The are SOOOO many good songs there, especially all the ballads are just great - Madonna at her best.

My favourite track is "Living For Love". It really makes my cry! The album version is so powerful it should be performed during Rebel Heart Tour instead of this crappy remix. When I heard LFL for the first the I almost saw myself shouting 'living for loooove, living for looooooooove!' onstage next to Madonna :Madonna057: ;)

For me the standout tracks were - devil pray, ghost town, hold tight, but Devil Pray is my fave. I loved the demo of messiah but for me something is lost in the production on the final version (and I miss the line "and it still feels shitty" from the demo of Heartbreak City). I think a lot of the songs are more about diplo's production than being great songs in their own right. None of the songs are lyrically as strong as tracks from Like A Prayer and none have the sonic power of Ray of Light. And I'd rather hear 12 strong tracks than 25 songs that don't sound like a coherent record. It wont stand the test of time for me.

My top five M records:

Ray of light

Like A Prayer

Confessions

True blue

Erotica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not hot on this album at all TBH. I voted S.E.X as it, Joan Of Arc and HeartbreakCity are the only RH tracks i can actually listen to. That's an improvement though 😊, as i didn't like one song at all this time last year. I know S.E.X gets some flack, but i really like it now.

I'm not hot on this album at all TBH. I voted S.E.X as it, Joan Of Arc and HeartbreakCity are the only RH tracks i can actually listen to. That's an improvement though , as i didn't like one song at all this time last year. I know S.E.X gets some flack, but i really like it now.

For someone who doesn't like the album but puts SEX is his best is amazing, shows the power of this album lol.

Rebel Heart is hands down the best song of the whole era but she prefered that damn acoustic version. If at least they had kept the strings and the layered vocals of the chorus. That to me is one of the biggest bummers, and the fact it wasn't the first single over the very contrived Living For Love.

Rebel Heart is hands down the best song of the whole era but she prefered that damn acoustic version. If at least they had kept the strings and the layered vocals of the chorus. That to me is one of the biggest bummers, and the fact it wasn't the first single over the very contrived Living For Love.

:oi: Sorry but the album version is the one the dullest tracks. But the avcii stuff (the later demos) wasn't much better but the song had so much potential. Sorry but it was the song I decided was my bathroom break during RH lol.

:oi: Sorry but the album version is the one the dullest tracks. But the avcii stuff (the later demos) wasn't much better but the song had so much potential. Sorry but it was the song I decided was my bathroom break during RH lol.

the avicii version was the best version but it wasn't 100% there yet, The album version sounds like a demo tho, and yes quite dull. 

the avicii version was the best version but it wasn't 100% there yet, The album version sounds like a demo tho, and yes quite dull.

Oh it's the better version but it was better in the beginning if you hear some of the later versions and the same with borrowed time and wash they all get really really messy.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, the discussion about which one's better, the demo or the final edit has already started ;)

I'm just wondering what would it be if one day all the demos from, let's say, "Like a Prayer" leak. How many of us would change our minds about favourite tracks (and finally about the whole album) comparing them to the demo versions? Would it be like: "OMG, all my life I loved "Express Ypurself", but the demo is much better!"? :)

As far as the final tracks that made in on this album, HEARTBREAK CITY.

I still feel like this track should've opened the album. Its so striking.

(On a side note, IF Joan of Arc hadn't been butchered in its final album version but instead had that same beautiful acoustic sadness that was on the demos, I would probably have gone with that.)