RESULTS -- Madonna Tour Performance Countdown

MeantToBeIconic

Gambler is one of the strongest VT moments, a one of a kind.

I also like LAP in Mdna, it comes at tbe end of a story and it's very emotional, and she has audience members singing... I wish it was me!

La isla with Lela Pala Tute was really a surpriseat Live Earth, then during the tour it felt a little bit repetitive, but still good.

I really love both Live to tell and the WTGT, but I have to admit this performance is not memorable. The highest point was on the crux on CT.

I love real vocals, so I totally hate the fake Where's the party in BAT and I appreciate the standing performances of You'll see and Gone, although Secret and Gone very close in the show sounded a little too similar. I am not sure about Miles away, because it is a little bit fake, she doesn't really play nor sing...

To me Like A Prayer from MDNAT sounds like The Immaculate Collection mix, quite uninspired and a step down from previous reinventions. I never liked how the album version got ignored due to the dance mix everyone seems to prefer, originally it's NOT a "dance and sing" type of track at all!

Like a Prayer on Ambition is the goal and everything since it's the worst and S&S is so offensive!! but that tour had fun parts but it was so tacky.   :poo: (as I have this new set lol)

Here's another now that I have internet again lmao

Madonna-performs-in-Phila-008.jpg

#114 - Open Your Heart/Sagarra Jo

Average: 7.3125

What a fun, folksy mashup. This was the last number I expected to see on this tour, but the revival was interesting and is a real genuine moment on this tour.

miami10.jpg

#118 - Beat Goes On SST

This was a fun performance of this song. I love the car she brings on (classy) and when she's backing up against the car is my favorite.

vt_pic12.jpg

#112 - Into The Goove VT

Sameish (but this time with a tambourine). I have to admit, I do like the addition of the tambourine even though it kinda doesn't do anything?

madonna-instagram-crop.png

#111 - Candy Shop RHT

Average: 7.35

Who doesn't love a flapper style performance? Hey, this is not the worst performance of this song, but it's also not her best performance tbf.

11222231_10205782997267784_6392114075862

#110 - Rebel Heart RHT

Average: 7.375

One of her more charismatic guitar performances, this performance feels like the HEART of her Rebel Heart message. If Madonna, queen of tours, can do a simple performance like this, then who can't?

That's all I have time for I am RUSHING around today. Part 2 to come

The folk rendition of Open your heart was one of the highlights of MDNA, pity it ranked so bad! The song sounds shiny and new, although the general theme of the section is quite confused.

I am not a fan of Candy shop RHT, I wonder what would have happened if she had reinvented another hit in a swing style, especially Girl gone wild.

I am also sad for Rebel Heart, although maybe one of the best parts is the backdrop video and the idea of the song itself: it would have been better if sung and played completely live.

Come on now, after Borderline & Dress You Up on S&ST, it was obvious she'd do Open Your Heart on the next tour. Not to mention the snippets during Frozen S&ST and Superbowl. It's one of my favs from that show, a great new arrangement, I'm so sad she didn't do anything similar on RHT.

Ok SO I went on an awful trip to Chicago and had no WiFi but

NO EXCUSES Let's get with it

madonna-sticky-and-sweet-tour-london-ant

#105 - Frozen (Rave Remix)
Average: 7.4375

I'm not doing the highest till top 50 anymore sorry. This was a really fascinating reinvention tbh. I didn't think this song could be uptempo, but would you look at that. I actually really like this performance and think it deserves better tbh.

materialgirl_rit_chords.jpg?w=636

#104 - Burning Up RIT

Even the best performance of Burning Up isn't that good :(. TBF, it's just not that great of a song to begin with, so you can only do so much with it.

hqdefault.jpg

#103 - The Look of Love WTGT

A meh performance from a meh tour. Let's sum it up by saying I understand why she doesn't perform this anymore.

washington-insta06.jpg

#102 - Living for Love RHT

Average: 7.5

Even though it's just a rehash of the awards show performances, I still think it's a decent performance. #Handography4Days. Also, she should have used the album version not the remix.

Madonna-image-madonna-36241382-600-375.j

#101 - Don't Tell Me RIT

A fun revival of this number with a fun dance sequence but also at the same time it's not an entirely new performance? I'm just saying this is not a highlight.

secret01.jpg

#100 - Secret DWT

TBH this is a messy tour. This performance is a brief moment of control, where she drops the crazy and just performs a song (that should be performed again) in a moment that refreshes instead of tires.

wtg_350_04.jpg

#99 - Who's That Girl WTGT

I'm sorry but I don't get the deal. I struggle to remember literally anything about this tour and this performance OTHER THAN that it was better than the rest.

img_3153_madonna-mdna-tour-olympia-paris

#98 - Human Nature MDNA Tour

Average:7.5625

I think this might be this songs best performance. Stripping, mirrors, drinks, it's all very cool and a highlight from my favorite MDNA section.

madonna-sticky-sweet-tour-9.jpg

#97 - Music SST

Average: 7.5625

I like this performance. I especially love when M outdances all her dancers. It's also a great remix that keeps just enough elements of the original. Excellent closer of the section.

rio01.jpg

#96 - Candy Shop SST

I happen to think this is a great opener. Great energy, you can tell she loves this song, and I feel it sets the mood of the tour excellently.

4325404-Nothing-Fails-Re-Invention-Tour-

#95 - Nothing Fails RIT

Who doesn't love this song. This performance has such a great intimacy behind it. It's easily among the best acoustic performances.

23e002120e868e7bfc4c55a1b17806782435a460

#94 - Express Yourself RIT

This is a good performance. I love her outfit, I love the gun twirling, and it's placing within the military section is actually quite clever. However, it comes off a tad steely, preventing it from rising further on this list.

sunrise12.jpg

#93 - Frozen RIT

Three RIT numbers back to back. Ouch. I actually love this one because the real show is the backdrop. A fun change for M. The song is particularly moving during this set in the tour, and really stands out from the rest of the setlist.

b3e54f7c2ca510a17f8399d686217e61.jpg

#92 - Don't Tell Me DWT

It's literally the same as the RIT performance except with themed outfits. But this one came first, therefore it's better.

gs_wsish01.jpg

#91 - Why's It So Hard GS

An orgy while singing about loving everyone? (signmethefuckup) Makes sense to me. Although it loses it's impact a bit in the hypersexual GS, it's a still quite a unique number in her long list of performances on tour.

2501741_Madonna-After-1.jpg

#90 - Hanky Panky BAT

Average: 9.5625

I still think the RIT performance is better, but this one is so darling. The boas, it's all so burlesque. Which I guess was probably the point...

Phew, long round. Discuss!

Human Nature MDNA has a fantastic choreography, can't believe it stays so low...

I am not a fan of Frozen uptempo, I realize now tgat SST may definitely be considered the worst tour fir me. But the song doesn't make much sense in the first section of RIT, either, which is quite messy.

I hate the Living for love remix used in RHT, but I like that she exorcise the cap thing!

Don't tell me is a great moment in DWT, actually in RIT it looks a little less original, but the insert of Bitter sweet symphony is a great idea!!

• 2 weeks later...

Human Nature MDNA has a fantastic choreography, can't believe it stays so low...

I am not a fan of Frozen uptempo, I realize now tgat SST may definitely be considered the worst tour fir me. But the song doesn't make much sense in the first section of RIT, either, which is quite messy.

I hate the Living for love remix used in RHT, but I like that she exorcise the cap thing!

Don't tell me is a great moment in DWT, actually in RIT it looks a little less original, but the insert of Bitter sweet symphony is a great idea!!

Im actually really liking Living For Love on RHT now watching fan edits  :lol: i guess the album version wouldve been too slow for the tour, so at least we have 4 different kind of performances, grammys, brits, promo version and tour version! 

• 3 weeks later...

A little off topic, but when did M wear Doc Martains in Candy Shop on the S&S Tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the first night in Rio. it was heavily raining. Apart of the shoes she also made another costume changes for the first section, like different jacket and vest, (and hair outside the jacket for the first entrance).