RESULTS -- Madonna Tour Performance Countdown

MeantToBeIconic

Hello everybody!

I'm a huge procrastinator and was late getting my votes in and my computer was wonky and I got busy with work.

But that's all behind us.

Because the countdown starts right here

right now.

We have 182 spots to countdown, but for the sake time/I don't want to do all that commentary, I will post a list of the first 32 to take us down to 150, then continue as normal from there. Sound good?

Thanks for your patience and adoration, and without further ado, here are the worst performances Madonna has ever done

151. Papa Don't Preach WTGT 6.75
152. In This Life 6.75
153. La Isla Bonita DWT 6.75
154. Crazy For You VT 6.6875
155. I'm a Sinner/Cyberraga 6.6875 
156. Heartbeat 6.625
157. Masterpiece 6.625
158. 4 Minutes 6.5625
159. Like a Virgin GS 6.4375
160. True Blue WTGT 6.375
161. Where's The Party WTGT 6.375
162. Now I'm Following You 6.3125
163. Material Girl BAT 6.3125
164. Human Nature SST 6.25
165. Borderline (Rock Remix) 6.25
166. White Heat 6.1875
167. Turn Up The Radio 6.125
168. Dress You Up/Into The Groove/Lucky Star/Everybody 6.125
169. Imagine 6.0625
170. I'm Going Bananas 6
171. Everybody VT 5.9375
172. Ray of Light SST 5.9375
173. Devil Pray 5.875
174. Cherish 5.8125
175. Angel VT 5.75
176. Borderline VT 5.75
177. Spanish Lesson 5.5
178. Hung Up MDNA 5
179. Hung Up (Rock Remix) 4.4375
180. The Funny Song 3.5625

There's the worst 30 performances!! Let the arguing, bitterness, pettiness, and bets on Top 5 begin!

Well Dress You Up being that low is proof it should not be on the DVD... :tongue:

Most of them are predictable as the guitar performances unfortunately never got the praise, but surprised to see La Isla Bonita DWT there, one of her best vocal performances. Would have never thought it would be the worst ranking DWT number apart from The Funny Song...

Well Dress You Up being that low is proof it should not be on the DVD... :tongue:

Most of them are predictable as the guitar performances unfortunately never got the praise, but surprised to see La Isla Bonita DWT there, one of her best vocal performances. Would have never thought it would be the worst ranking DWT number apart from The Funny Song...

As a whole, even after this rate, I have mixed feelings about the DWT. I can't figure out if I like it or not...

As a whole, even after this rate, I have mixed feelings about the DWT. I can't figure out if I like it or not...

@@MeantToBeIconic - That show drained me.  I've never been to a Madonna event/show before or after this DWT where I just sat.  That said, I also happened to go to the very last show of this tour, just a few days AFTER 9/11.

It has been already said before, but the most shocking are La isla bonita DWT - her best performance of this song, how can you prefer the JLo version of CT? - and yes @@Bel, no justice for True blue WTG, so simple yet so good.

I always thought the RHT rendition of Holiday was not strong enough, I still feel sorry for the medley, never been a fan of DYU but this reinvention worked well...

Happy to see that many dislike 4 minutes, it does not make sense without Justin. And sorry @@Fighter but Hung up 2012 sounded awful!!

One more thing: In this life in such a low position??

154. Lucky Star WTGT 6.647059
155. La Isla Bonita DWT 6.647059
156. Hanky Panky RIT 6.647059
157. Crazy For You VT 6.529412
163. True Blue WTGT 6.235294
167. Like a Virgin GS 6.235294
169. I'm Going Bananas 6.176471

ehm... I loved all of these performances, especially Lucky Star, La Isla Bonita and Like a Virgin...

But I have to consider my taste very "characteristic", considering that, even if her singing was honestly horrible at the point I use to hear it in the demo version, the rock mix of Borderline from Sticky and Sweet was quite good for me  :thinker:

I'm glad Love A Virgin (TGS) and Material Girl (BAT) are near the bottom of the list. I really can't stand the fake accents she puts on in these songs. I know they're performance pieces, but it just didn't work for me at all. TBH I just see it as her performing them because she felt she had to/was coerced into it and didn't really want to perform them, so she kinda parodied them.

Alright, here's the deal; because writing all the commentary sucks, I'll be doing the countdown in non-set intervals of so many at a time. This could result in some days having 3+ rounds because it preserves motivation!!

ADDITIONALLY I made a sorting error so the initial list will have changes (check that too)

But let's bring out the next few to get eliminated!!!

We've got a few ties this round!!!

Madonna_Rebel%201.jpg

#150 - Bitch I'm Madonna RHT

Average: 6.8125

Highest: 10x2 (@GHouse, @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@Inco)

Can she never satisfy y'all with this song? I personally prefer the Jimmy Fallon live performance, but this one's alright. There's not quite the spastic energy I would've used, but this is alright.

rit_madonna3big.jpg

#149 - Material Girl RIT

Average: 6.8125

Highest: 10x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 5x2 (@@madbella, @@OhMadonna)

IDK Material Girl does well all rocked up, but there needs to at least be SOMETHING happening. It's a song made for that y'know?

madaddicted1.jpg

148 - I'm Addicted MDNA

Average: 6.875

Highest: 10x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@Inco)

I love this performance. A highlight. In the break, the poses are cool, but I would've preferred more dancing. Compliments the whole tour well.

Madonna_Reinvention_Opening_Night.jpg

147 - Hanky Panky RIT

Highest: 10x1 (@GHouse)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@OhMadonna)

I love when this song gets performed. I prefer this to the BAT tbh but whatever. It's a fun performance, and what a nice revival right?

wtgt_ls01.jpg

146 - Lucky Star WTGT

Highest: 10x2 (@@stefo, @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@OhMadonna)

I'm not too crazy about this whole tour. This one was kind of a highlight I guess. Her dancing was pretty good, but her voice was... yeah.

vt_pic05.jpg

145 - Burning Up VT

Highest: 10x1 (@)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@Inco)

The Virgin Tour has a strange charm to it. It gets progressively better as the show goes. But among the rehashed dance breaks there's this. Awkward movements, but makes you smile a lot.

Ok I'm done. Another round or two will come today. Enjoy!!

With Love, MTBI <3

I'm glad Love A Virgin (TGS) and Material Girl (BAT) are near the bottom of the list. I really can't stand the fake accents she puts on in these songs. I know they're performance pieces, but it just didn't work for me at all. TBH I just see it as her performing them because she felt she had to/was coerced into it and didn't really want to perform them, so she kinda parodied them.

Well she is still performing those songs and I'm sure she only does them because the crowd expects them to hear, not because she tries to make artistic statements with them. I much prefer those parody versions though.

Well she is still performing those songs and I'm sure she only does them because the crowd expects them to hear, not because she tries to make artistic statements with them. I much prefer those parody versions though.

They are 2 of her best pop singles and statements. They had a lot of sense of humour and even tho she stopped liking them for a while cos people took them at face value, I thought she accepted them again quite a while ago. LAV is always well done and Material Girl was a highlight on RHT.

btw I noticed Hanky Panky changed places lol, now it makes more sense I guess. 

BIM was a odd on RHT. I would've liked it to have the sense of humour and freshness of the music video and jimmy fallon performance but I learned to like it.

I'm Addicted was pretty good, the lights and staging on that tour were so amazing.

My guess for top slot:  Keep It Together from the BAT.  If not, I strike  :fight: .  It just can't be denied, I dare you to try.

As far as top tour, my top 3 are:

3.  Like A Virgin (there is something so endearing here)

2.  Drowned World Tour (has my heart, Madonna fan for a long time but first tour I ever got to attend)

1.  Blond Ambition Tour (seriously?)

I anxiously await the rest of the countdown Iconic.  I always enjoy all of your "shows".   :pop:  :Madonna042:

P.S. It seems that many of you are fans of the Confessions tour.  I'm still trying to figure out why.  Madonna doesn't know how to give a bad show, but this tour was just blah for me.   :bothered2: