4.Express Yourself      BAT

5.Vogue                       S&S

Honorable mentions:

Fever                   Girlie Show

Let it Will Be

Holiday                Reinvention

Get Together      

You Thrill Me              

They are 2 of her best pop singles and statements. They had a lot of sense of humour and even tho she stopped liking them for a while cos people took them at face value, I thought she accepted them again quite a while ago. LAV is always well done and Material Girl was a highlight on RHT.

I also love Material Girl on RHT but I'm pretty sure she accepted the songs because she cannot pull a DWT anymore and be "meh" about the songs people want to hear on a concert.

Just like how Prince sang Purple Rain ~1000 times in his life, seems Madonna will do the same with Holiday, Like A Virgin & La Isla Bonita and sing them as long as she keeps on touring.

I quite like Material Girl from RIT. I like the reinvention/direction she went with as the rock-ish sound works well, but I didn't like the "I forget the lyrics to my old songs, can you help me?" which basically was her thinking 'I'll get the crowd to sing pretty much all the song, as I'm only doing it for my fan's but I can't really be bothered to perform it properly as I don't want to be seen as being that materialistic girl so I'll just sing the odd part....'

If she doesn't feel a song I don't think she should perform it if her hearts not into it. But if she wanted a fan gesture, especially on that tour as it was a kind of greatest hits tour, she could have perhaps used it as an interlude or something? I mean wasn't the story that she dropped Dress You Up for Material Girl because she couldn't play Dress You Up on her guitar? But maybe she actually had her arm twisted to include a more recognisable/fan favourite song?

I seem to remember her saying many years ago (possibly in the 90s) that she'd never perform the song ever again, but she seems to have changed her mind and taken it a bit more seriously on the RHT?

I also love Material Girl on RHT but I'm pretty sure she accepted the songs because she cannot pull a DWT anymore and be "meh" about the songs people want to hear on a concert.

Just like how Prince sang Purple Rain ~1000 times in his life, seems Madonna will do the same with Holiday, Like A Virgin & La Isla Bonita and sing them as long as she keeps on touring.

Well she grew up its normal that she would get over it and accept the songs lol. She even accepted WTG which isn't on the same level as LAV or LAP. its a good thing, as long as she keeps caring about new work that is. I like that it's mostly evenly divided.

"Her voice was... yeah" in WTG?

Come on @@MeantToBeIconic, her voice was LIVE in WTG!

I am happy for Hanky Panky RIT, I never liked that interpretation...

I think I'M A SINNER really works well.

As for BITCH I'M MADONNA, I don't know... I have different opinions about the song and the performance. I believe the song sounds new and original and daring in Madonna's catalogue, still I don't like when she wants to "sound young". The Japan theme and the fans... we've seen them already and in better versions (Nothing really matters, for instance, and Vogue MTV awards).

Let's waste no time, let's do another!!!

Posted Image

#144 - Dress You Up SST

Average: 6.9375

Highest: 10x1 (@GHouse)

Lowest: 5x2 (@@Fighter, @@patrice1711)

This is a fun version, but her standing at a guitar is only entertaining for so long. It helps that this song is riding the momentum of Holiday.

Posted Image

#143 - Candy Perfume Girl DWT

Highest: 10x2 (@@NowRadiate, @)

Lowest: 4x1 (@@Dazedmadonna)

Another guitar segment. And so disappointingly early in the setlist. That contortionist doing her thing while she performs is cool though.

Posted Image

#142 - Lucky Star VT

Highest: 10x1 (@)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@Elazul)

The Virgin Tour suffers from all songs being built around the same model. Things run stale quick, just like this samey (but vocally superior) performance.

Posted Image

#141 - Holiday RHT

Average: 7.00

Highest: 10x2 (@@Dazedmadonna, @)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@OhMadonna)

(It might be time for a new encore) This is one of the better performances of Holiday tbh. This songs simplicity allows it to fit into the RHT well but making bigger than life, which this performance totally does.

Posted Image

#140 - La Isla Bonita

Average: 7.0

Highest: 10x1 (@ghouse)

Lowest: 1x1 (@)

Aside from a few light interactions with the dancers, there's just not a ton that happens in this performance. Fades into the background compared to the rest of the tour.

Posted Image

#139 - Burning Up RHT

Average: 7

Highest: 10x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@madbella)

Another guitar. She hasn't done anything super fun with Burning Up and it's sad. It deserves a bit better. At least she's got the attitude for this one.

Posted Image

#138 - Give Me All Your Luvin' MDNA Tour

Highest: 10x2 (@GHouse, @ElectrickOrus98)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@Elazul)

I knew I should've given this a 10. Say what you want about the song, you know this is a top-notch performance (and that DANCE BREAK). A highlight from a dark tour tbh.

Posted Image

#137 - Give It 2 Me SST

Average: 7.00

Highest: 10x4 (@MeantToBeIconic, @Ghouse, @DrumDub)

Lowest: 1x1 (@Inco)

Madonna knows how to do two things without fail; open and close a show. This a thrashing high-octane closer from start to finish (but the dancers look so in control. That's no fun)

Posted Image

#136 - I Love New York

Highest: 10x1 (@ElectrickOrus98)

Lowest: 4x1 (@Inco)

And our first Confessions Tour performance is out! And it would be a boring-ish (her shouting Bush obscenities is great) guitar performance. She should consider doing a few less of those.

Posted Image

#135 - I Deserve It

Highest: 10x1 (@Inco)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Another meh guitar performance. I love this song, but this performance just doesn't do much of anything except fit the cowboy theme of this segment.

Posted Image

#134 - Bye Bye Baby

Highest: 10x3 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@NowRadiate, @DrumDub)

Our first real injustice. How can you not like this? Flexible dancers, chair dancing, gender bending, feminist statements, what's not to love? And her voice is pretty good here as well.

A long round! Enjoy and discuss

K i see the original list changed a lot lel idk i thought i saw Holiday RHT on the bottom list before but now its here. I don't really remember it at this point but I think I kinda like it. But the most fun performance was the one when the venue turned off the power.  :seeno:  :seeno:  :seeno:

No big surprises tbh 

I never liked By Bye Baby as a song that much on the album and even less with the GS performance. I just can't put my finger on it but it's wiggedy-whack.

I really like the progression from the end of Holiday into Dress You Up on SST. I feel that it was building up into this energetic roaring guitar-laden track and then the tempo dropped and it ended up just being OK rather than amazing.

Speaking of energy and guitar, I really thought I Love New York was fantastic and a CT highlight for Me. I loved the dance sound of the album version fused with with the rockier sound of the demo.

GMAYL is not THE best M song, OK, but I really like the MDNA tour version. I liked the Just Blaze Bionic Dub of the song before, but I think they chopped and changed it a bit and reworked it into a greater version. There seems to be two versions, one without strings (or what instrument it is) during the "supersonic, Bionic" bit at the start and one with. The version with strings is the version that sounds best for Me. I like the whole thing TBH. She's working it with that high energy performance, the cheerleaders and drummers all add and I think the majorette look is dead cute/sexy.

Give It 2 Me SST is alright, i dunno, I just don't think the song was quite anthemic enough at the time to close the show with IMO. I think the tour closer should be a hugely successful or well known song. I don't think GI2M was back then. I think the performance would have worked better for Me replacing Celebration on the MDNA tour. I love Celebration (album version and remixes) but I don't think that was a very good closer for the MDNA tour.

I think the trouble with Holiday and La Isla Bonita is, to quote Sorry, "I've heard it all before..."

I like Burning Up RIT over RHT. I think @@MeantToBeIconic is right, she needs to do something new with it. BU works well with rock guitars, but I think it could do with an injection of energy and faster tempo. I really think the fusion of rock guitar+ dance beat would give it an extra dimension, or maybe to base a performance purely in the dance style like the remix version of BU which is synth heavy and better than the album version for me.

Bye bye baby: when I saw the MTV performance as a GS preview I was a little let down, after the Vogue one I was expecting something memorable. I don't like the playback, she could have sung live, it's not as hard as Vogue.

Holiday RHT: yes, we've seen the flags before, the orchestration is a little dull, it ends shortly. The "underwear thing" is a good idea and should've been used in a more definite way: really like a surprise song from backstage, like a parody, like a swimming pool jump after the show, do you get what I mean? Of course I was there in Glasgow with no sound and light and it was fantastic!

La isla bonita RHT: I've said it before, the workshop version sounded a lot more intriguing, slower and with those flamenco steps. This one totally lacks the power of the DWT version. I wish she had reinvented Everybody to sound Latin.

Burning up RHT: yes, we've seen it already in RIT, still it works well when seen live. Strong and sexy. It should serve as a transition from the Japan part to the religious part, but it's not totally a good choice for that. I still wish what would have been our reaction if she had put Gambler here:

:Madonna014:

Give me all you love: I can't deny the dance break is great, but I hate the remix.

Candy perfume girl: one of the songs I hate most, I always skip it in the album and the dvd. Always.

Give it to me: it's ok for me, but after that enthralling finale in CT with Hung Up it sounds a little cold. Of course Holiday WTG is the most entertaining ("are your ready to go home?" "nooo!"), Keep it together BAT the most complex and theatrical, Everybody GS the most musically interesting.

Give it to me: it's ok for me, but after that enthralling finale in CT with Hung Up it sounds a little cold. Of course Holiday WTG is the most entertaining ("are your ready to go home?" "nooo!"), Keep it together BAT the most complex and theatrical, Everybody GS the most musically interesting.

Oh I do agree with you about Holiday, Keep it Together and Everybody. I hope in the next years she will be back to a more creative musical approach in her live shows and, let me say this again, I WANT TO HEAR LOUD BASS AND PERCUSSIONS AGAIN!   :Madonna018:

GMAYL a top-notch performance? It's almost an interlude where Madonna forgets to leave the stage, she barely "sings" any of the song and that silly cheerleader stint did not fit her at all. But it is one of the few performances of the show where she actually bothers with a proper choreography.. :lol:

I think it's also natural several RHT numbers are this low as they are really just more of the same, we've had those songs in similar/better performances already.

Let it Will Be!    Madonna alone on stage is everything!!  When she's not relying on back up dancers or guitars...... just Madonna. 

Also

Like it or Not

Nobody Knows Me

Where's the Party (first half)

I'm sure theres more. 

i can't choose my number 1 performance, but I'm sure Future Lovers will have the winning spot.

... oh, i remembered my fav one: let it will be.

I dont think the majorette concept was bad, but her outfit was. It didnt fit her. They keep putting her in no-neck outfits, and i dont get why since her neck and chest look really good  :angel:  :angel:  :angel: You need to open up the neck area for proportion otherwise you look shorter, smaller body/bigger head. But also the jacket was ill fitting, her waist was really high up, it was better that time it was too hot and she opened her jacket  :angel: 

Posted Image

Sorry y'all.

Internet provider switch at my house.

What are you going to do.

But let's get into it.

Posted Image

#132 -- Papa Don't Preach MDNA Tour

Average: 7.0625

Lowest: 5x1 (@@Inco)

A fun minimalist performance and mix with an excellent segue into the next number. TBH, when I think of this performance I can' really remember what goes on, but it's pretty up there vocally.

Posted Image

#132 - Nobody's Perfect

Highest: 9x4 (@DrumDub, @GHouse, @, @@Elazul)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@Inco)

IDK this is a sweet performance. It kinda fits so... It's almost like she's apologizing for how hectic and messy this tour was...

Posted Image

#131 - Dress You Up/Like a Virgin/Material Girl Who's That Girl World Tour

Highest: 10x2 (@, @GHouse)

Lowest: 0x1 (@@Dazedmadonna)

I still don't get the hype about this tour. I'm sorry. A rather fun (but basically put together) medley that serves as a highlight of a (to me) somewhat mediocre tour.

Posted Image

#130 - La Vie En Rose

Average: 7.125

Highest: 10x2 (@@Dazedmadonna, @GHouse)

What a pretty cover. The performance itself is pretty cut-and-dry, just sitting with a ukulele. But somehow this performance is the most enrapturing of any of her guitar performances. I think it's the smile.

Posted Image

#129 - Celebration/Give It 2 Me MDNA Tour

Highest: 10x2 (@, @@Dazedmadonna)

Lowest: 1x1 (@@Elazul)

What a closer. I love this mix, and I'm glad she's not ignoring Give It 2 Me. The choreography is awesome, and the energy is just fantastic. Maybe my favorite closer ever.

Posted Image

#128 - Deeper and Deeper Reinvention Tour

Highest: 10x3 (@@Elazul, @GHouse, @@stefo)

Lowest: 2x1 (@)

This song actually converted to cabaret really well. The song reinvented excellently, and though I like this performance, I'd have to agree that it's the weakest Deeper and Deeper performance.

And interestingly....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#127/126 - Causing a Commotion Blonde Ambition + Who's That Girl World Tour

Averages: 7.125

Highest: 9x1 (@@NowRadiate) BAT

10x1 (@@Inco) WTGT

Lowest: 5x1 (@@stefo) BAT

Funny how they'd both tie up. I overall prefer the BAT performance bc the WTGT performance is just aimless dancing and standing still while singing but the BAT performance is a full on attack on the song. It's awesome (and schticky)

Second round to come later today. Enjoy!

I don't know, there is no Madonna performance I could really give just 1...

This time there are some nice performances going...

Deeper and Deeper RIT: it may be the weakest as @@MeantToBeIconic says (I don't agree actually), but this is what RIT was supposed to be: to reinvent the songs musically. And God they did it here! In many other songs they didn't even try. The song acquires even more depth. I love it.

Causing a commotion: we all love Madonna with Donna and Niki and this was one of their best moments, together with Rain and Holiday DWT.

The WTGT Medley is sooo nice! I love the Sugar Pie insert, I love Madonna doing Motown and going back to her musical roots. I remember back in those days everybody talking about her taking off her panties in Dress You Up. And that kiss with Christopher... so cute! Love when she puts her hat back on...

La Vie en Rose divides fans. I am totally with it. A tour about love. And the reaction in Montreal for the first time was incredible.

Celebration: it is really colorful, but a little cold, I prefer more theatrical and musical finale such as BAT and GS. I like the singing and dancing crowd like Hung Up in CT.

Nobody's Perfect on DWT made the song good.

Deeper And Deeper RIT is one of the best things she's ever done on a concert, can't believe it's so low.

Papa Don't Preach on MDNAT was the first live number of the evening and it sounded weak after all the pre-recorded vocals, plus she didn't even sing the title line.

Of course that WTGT pic is not from Causing a Commotion, she was wearing the jacket and pants from White Heat and was not standing behind the mic if I recall well.

Papa Don't Preach from the MDNA tour would have got a higher score from me if it was longer than just the 1st verse, bridge and part chorus. It's basically a live sort of interlude and is hardly there at all. Even the actual interludes are longer.

I don't get why she doesn't perform this song more fully. I loved the RIT version, but again it's shortened with no 2nd or 3rd bridge and no last chorus(es).

Deeper And Deeper from RIT may be the weakest performance of that song, but it doesn't mean it's poor for me at all. I actually think it's great in its own right and also compared to a number of her other live performances. It's possibly the (slightly) weaker of a group of excellent performances of Deeper And Deeper. I think D&D is one of the songs most consistently performed fantastically. I must admit when I heard it was being done as a ballad-jazz reinvention I couldn't see it working but it works so much better than i thought it would and is one of the more interesting reinventions on the RIT.

Deeper And Deeper RIT is my favourite performance of the song. The GS one is wayyyyy camp and the RHT one is a tad boring. I'm a big fan of this one.

Celebration/GI2M. The closer was better before shoehorning GI2M. We didn't need to hear GI2M as a closer again.

Causing A Commotion BAT is pretty fun, i'm sure it's better than whatever she did on WTG but can't comment cos honestly WTG is a blur of sameyness to me lol don't remember the medley either.

Nobody's Perfect / Papa Don't Preach are nice. PDP was basically a little interlude for the bigger numbers. This section is very theatrical, It flows nicely. 

La Vie En Rose is adorable, I had my doubts when I read she would do this one, but its just delightful.  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Just for fun, I'm going to keep commentary for these reviews to 5 words or less. Just for fun.

Posted Image

#125 - La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute S&ST

Average: 7.1875

Highest: 10x3 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@stefo, @@Elazul)

Fun. Folksy. Invigorating but not schticky.

Posted Image

#124 - Gone DWT

Highest: 10x3 (@@Dazedmadonna, @GHouse, @@Inco)

Lowest: 4x1 (@)

Vocally superb. A tad boring.

Posted Image

#123 - Live To Tell WTGT

Lowest: 3x1 (@)

A bit empty. Sameish and meh (nice voice tho). Uninspired.

Posted Image

#122 - Holiday VT

Highest: 10x2 (@, @@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 3x1 (@@Elazul)

Uninspired. Sameish. A lot of fun though.

Posted Image

#121 - Body Shop Rebel Heart Tour

Average: 7.25

Highest: 10x1 (@GHouse)

Lowest: 4x2 (@@OhMadonna, @Madbella)

Campy. Enjoyable. She looks like she's having fun. Predictable staging but I'm not mad.

Posted Image

#120 - Like a Prayer MDNA Tour

Highest: 10x3 (@DrumDub, @GHouse, @@NowRadiate)

Modernized. She seemed to have a new appreciation in this performance. An awesome mix.

Posted Image

#119 - Miles Away S&ST

Highest: 9x3 (@DrumDub, @@NowRadiate, @ElectrickOrus98)

Cute. One of the better guitar performances. Good enough to be a video? Eeehhhh

Posted Image

#118 - You'll See DWT

Highest: 10x3 (@@NowRadiate, @@Inco, @Madbella)

Vocally pretty good. No good photos or videos for reference. Performance is another where she just stands so...

Posted Image

#117 - Beautiful Stranger DWT

Highest: 10x1 (@)

Lowest: 4x1 (@patrice1711)

Funny. Also feels a bit awkward. There weren't enough lighthearted moments on The DWT so we're thankful for this.

Posted Image

#116 - Where's The Party BAT

Highest: 10x1 (@@Inco)

Lowest: 4x1 (@@Elazul)

Fun song, fun performance. She was so into during this tour, and even silly numbers like this had lots of charm and sass.

Posted Image

#115 - Gambler VT

Highest: 10x2 (@, @@Inco)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@OhMadonna)

A highlight from this tour. The dance break was original, her attitude was as mean as ever, and this performance was the original tour video.

Sorry this round is so quick. I don't have a ton of time lately. Discuss!