Living For Love - Single Thread

groovyguy

And finally, some of you here seem to think that Madonna is the only one working on the promotion, but, hey, who else could go to talk shows and perform ? This makes no sense.She is the star !

Exactly. Some people complain when she doesn't promote. And now that she's doing it like 10 years ago, some people complain too because she's not doing it the way they think it should be done. En fin... :Madonna002:

Let's just ENJOY this AMAZING ERA the way it is, for me at least it's a fantastic one, and let's leave behind all the negativity!.

I have never heard of anyone not buying an album because of a typo on a website.I have never heard of anyone not buying a single because a video was taken down from youtube.It is necessary to keep a critical eye on everything, especially the things you love. But don't lose yourself in crazy theories and eternal what-ifs.We're here for the fun and for the music.At least I am.

I get what you are saying. However, I think the overall point is that all of these little, tiny 'errors' add up. It implies that Team M are not utterly and entirely focused. It leaves us thinking and questioning what might be achieved if that focus was there.

Some guy named Kevin Lee Burns posted this on Youtube talking about LFL:

>"The adds were for week ending February 23. We all were so excited for it's next week and for momentum but it seems that was the best week it had at radio. Oddly, this still feels like a promo song, especially watching it decline on top 40 radio so quickly. Madonna = Amazing yet her management continue to make strange and untimely decisions. So it leaked..so what!! No one knew which songs were singles at that time or for that matter which songs were finished or final. Why rush sales knowing a songs chart success is from SALES and RADIO and STREAMING??!! Sales began 6 weeks before radio impact?! A live performance a month later? and then radio?!Sure the fans snatched it up immediately but six weeks later sales depended on the general public. Horrible timing."

And then he talked about Ghost town - He seems to know what he is talking about ...and he is already giving somber prospects for any chart success for GT as well...

Does anybody have more cheerful chart predictions for the second single? Posted Image

"Next is ghosttown. Let me guess.. Filming and editing for the video will take 7 weeks, even though the single has been available for purchase since Christmas. Radio will get it first with NO video and again we will see a complete lack of timing. I hate to say it but Madonna should hire Taylor's manager. We see a nearly flawless marketing campaign and release schedule with her songs, videos and performances side by side. The very moment one of her songs starts to decline the push comes for the next single. I would gladly have waited patiently for an amazing epic proper single release instead of this mess. Still I LOVE these songs. I guess I was hoping the world could be impacted like it used to be when a new Madonna era begins."

This!!!

I have never heard of anyone not buying an album because of a typo on a website.I have never heard of anyone not buying a single because a video was taken down from youtube.It is necessary to keep a critical eye on everything, especially the things you love. But don't lose yourself in crazy theories and eternal what-ifs.We're here for the fun and for the music.At least I am.

:Madonna009:  Ok, calm down, Guy O.  This "typo on a website" in this case is not just a typo but incorrect, misleading information.  If fans can barely tell it's fake, how is the public to know what's real?

The videos are not about people buying singles or not.  The point is it takes away from streaming points and the potential for LFL to chart higher than it is.

I get what you are saying. However, I think the overall point is that all of these little, tiny 'errors' add up. It implies that Team M are not utterly and entirely focused. It leaves us thinking and questioning what might be achieved if that focus was there.

This is obviously the point.  Madonna's team, including everyone else who's not Guy, seems far less in tune with each other and behind the program on promotion than just about every other major artist's team today.  That's what's disturbing about the support Madonna is getting.

Of course.But to the mainstream audience, these 'errors' don't exist.Only very dedicated (dare I write "obsessive"?) fans will notice them.I wouldn't trade Rebel Heart with the leaks and the typos for MDNA number 2.Madonna is still the queen of pop.

No, not just obsessive fans can see typos and errors.  Anyone with eyes and attention to detail has basically seen that this album campaign has been one laughing joke after another.  Actually, mostly the fans are willing to overlook the mess and still focus on enjoying the GOOD music and the promotion that Madonna is putting out.  The press, and everyone else in the general public, won't even bother to look deeper if things don't even look correct on the surface.  The general public doesn't even KNOW about most of the promotion, interviews, and international performances, because her team does such a poor job of publicizing them in a timely manner.

Madonna and her wonderful work and efforts deserve better support, the end.  BTW, settling for mediocrity is not a good trait.

We're allowed to voice our opinions, this is an internet forum.  You shouldn't take it so personally and keep calling people delusional unless you are on Madonna's team.  That's what's not healthy.

But you all can figure out where to find information on your own.  I'm out of this.  :Madonna009:

sad really why she isn't clicking with the general public.

I'm tired of reading some things. It's like when in the 2003 AL promo she was asked about being irrelevant. And she answered, quite upset, about what's the point of that and who is who to say if someone's relevant or irrelevant.

IMO: FUCK THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Fuck it. Me, as a fan since 1990, i'm extremely happy she's still around, and not only that, around making amazing records like Rebel Heart, giving us videoclips, and doing performances and promotion. After more than 30 years. And let's not forget her tours. THE BIGGEST TOURS EVER. EVER!!.

So the general public and their opinion can go fuck themselves. What if it's Top 40, Top 20, or Top 10? I no longer care. I stopped doing it years ago. It all comes down to the music. That's it. And as long as she goes on giving us the gift of her art, the Top Whatever can fuck off too.

I'm tired of reading some things. It's like when in the 2003 AL promo she was asked about being irrelevant. And she answered, quite upset, about what's the point of that and who is who to say if someone's relevant or irrelevant. IMO: FUCK THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Fuck it. Me, as a fan since 1990, i'm extremely happy she's still around, and not only that, around making amazing records like Rebel Heart, giving us videoclips, and doing performances and promotion. After more than 30 years. And let's not forget her tours. THE BIGGEST TOURS EVER. EVER!!. So the general public and their opinion can go fuck themselves. What if it's Top 40, Top 20, or Top 10? I no longer care. I stopped doing it years ago. It all comes down to the music. That's it. And as long as she goes on giving us the gift of her art, the Top Whatever can fuck off too.

Marry me.

I'm tired of reading some things. It's like when in the 2003 AL promo she was asked about being irrelevant. And she answered, quite upset, about what's the point of that and who is who to say if someone's relevant or irrelevant. IMO: FUCK THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Fuck it. Me, as a fan since 1990, i'm extremely happy she's still around, and not only that, around making amazing records like Rebel Heart, giving us videoclips, and doing performances and promotion. After more than 30 years. And let's not forget her tours. THE BIGGEST TOURS EVER. EVER!!. So the general public and their opinion can go fuck themselves. What if it's Top 40, Top 20, or Top 10? I no longer care. I stopped doing it years ago. It all comes down to the music. That's it. And as long as she goes on giving us the gift of her art, the Top Whatever can fuck off too.

Are u referring to me as 'the top can fuck off too' if so that is kind of aggressive and I find it offensive when I was only expressing my opinion on the fact that madonna has come back with amazing material that is over shadowed by agiesm ans general shit from the general public, and yes its not about chart positions etc but at the same time after 30 years in the business I think she deserves respect and should be respected for her work and yes it upset me when her work is not apprecited with it being so strong and amazing

I'm tired of reading some things. It's like when in the 2003 AL promo she was asked about being irrelevant. And she answered, quite upset, about what's the point of that and who is who to say if someone's relevant or irrelevant.

IMO: FUCK THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Fuck it. Me, as a fan since 1990, i'm extremely happy she's still around, and not only that, around making amazing records like Rebel Heart, giving us videoclips, and doing performances and promotion. After more than 30 years. And let's not forget her tours. THE BIGGEST TOURS EVER. EVER!!.

So the general public and their opinion can go fuck themselves. What if it's Top 40, Top 20, or Top 10? I no longer care. I stopped doing it years ago. It all comes down to the music. That's it. And as long as she goes on giving us the gift of her art, the Top Whatever can fuck off too.

I agree with you on a lot of things here :) I could care less what the general public thinks - we, as fans are finally getting something worthwhile and happens to be one of her best albums ever released, which is amazing (although, as I said before, the promotion, although good, could be a lot better). What bothers me is the mismanagement of a lot of things. I think she's working with the wrong people, and I wonder how long it will take for her to realize that. Great that she's releasing singles, but I think she's doing it a bit half-assed.... esp when you look at the single cover. That to me says, let's just get this out quick and not bother with what the single cover looks like. I hope, for her sake that Ghosttown will be good. This is why I think that she should hire some fans to do some stuff for her, and we would get the most amazing stuff!  :) Just a thought.

Bear in mind that Living For Love enters at #26 in the UK chart based on only  4 days of eligibility - and no radio support . And this is her 71st Top 40 hit! Charts really don't matter these days but whatever chart records she keeps breaking is just ICING on the top! :)

So, for you all, Guy O is to blame for the cape not coming off, for the ugly single cover, for the song not charting.I wasn't aware that Madonna is a puppet with no brain and no creative control.It's funny how NOBODY speaks about Diplo and how his input on the single is less than impressive.The snapchat move was bold. Maybe it didn't count for views, but it was a world premiere.And finally, some of you here seem to think that Madonna is the only one working on the promotion, but, hey, who else could go to talk shows and perform ? This makes no sense.She is the star !

Those reading comprehension skills tho. What part of "Guy O is not to blame for the cape" did you read as "Guy O is to blame for the cape".

So you think Madonna should be the one taking care of all the LOGISTICS of the releases and the technical aspects of everything around her brand. She is only human. The logistics of this release have been poor at best, hence why the public is left indiferent and confused towards yet another Madonna era, instead of excited and engaged. 

As you've said she is THE STAR, not the marketing guy, not the manager, not the social media handler, not outfit tester.

The snapchat move was to get the young generation paying attention forcefully. Exactly what you shouldn't do with the young generation, they do not like it. If the U2 thing had been done with her and she had recieved such backlash, I wonder if you'd be singing a different tune right now. 

yes its not about chart positions etc but at the same time after 30 years in the business I think she deserves respect and should be respected for her work and yes it upset me when her work is not apprecited with it being so strong and amazing

The public understandably doesn't want to engage with her at this point, it's up to her team to find ways for people to engage and learn what a great album this is. You only have to look at the mess her social media is to realise things aren't right. Where are the posts saying "Madonna will be here, and here and here, doing this and this and this, don't miss it!" or release dates, album formats, links with information. Her social media feeds are pretty much clones of her instagram feed.

It's never been so easy to put everything in one place with social media, but everything is fragmented and disconnected. We as hardcore (or obsessed) fans can sort of follow what goes on, but the public?  :cryin:

single cover: how hard was to use the first in bed with madonna - like photo, rather than rehashed rebel heart cover (which is gorgeous) but the red thing and crop and FONT is ridiculous. Madonna look at the fan made covers. she definitely is working with wrong people, no attention to details.

I agree with you on a lot of things here :) I could care less what the general public thinks - we, as fans are finally getting something worthwhile and happens to be one of her best albums ever released, which is amazing (although, as I said before, the promotion, although good, could be a lot better). What bothers me is the mismanagement of a lot of things. I think she's working with the wrong people, and I wonder how long it will take for her to realize that. Great that she's releasing singles, but I think she's doing it a bit half-assed.... esp when you look at the single cover. That to me says, let's just get this out quick and not bother with what the single cover looks like. just because i am nude in my room right now it doesn't mean i have to broadcast it. I hope, for her sake that Ghosttown will be good. This is why I think that she should hire some fans to do some stuff for her, and we would get the most amazing stuff!  :) Just a thought.

The public understandably doesn't want to engage with her at this point, it's up to her team to find ways for people to engage and learn what a great album this is. You only have to look at the mess her social media is to realise things aren't right. Where are the posts saying "Madonna will be here, and here and here, doing this and this and this, don't miss it!" or release dates, album formats, links with information. Her social media feeds are pretty much clones of her instagram feed.

It's never been so easy to put everything in one place with social media, but everything is fragmented and disconnected. We as hardcore (or obsessed) fans can sort of follow what goes on, but the public?  :cryin:

Exactly. A lot of my friends don't even know she's releasing a new album! :(

Exactly. Some people complain when she doesn't promote. And now that she's doing it like 10 years ago, some people complain too because she's not doing it the way they think it should be done. En fin... :Madonna002:

Let's just ENJOY this AMAZING ERA the way it is, for me at least it's a fantastic one, and let's leave behind all the negativity!.

We know she's busting her back literally to promote, but her team? That's the point of this discussion

single cover: how hard was to use the first in bed with madonna - like photo, rather than rehashed rebel heart cover (which is gorgeous) but the red thing and crop and FONT is ridiculous. Madonna look at the fan made covers. she definitely is working with wrong people, no attention to details.

Exactly, that's it!! Like that gorgeous cover that some fan made on this forum, it was amazing - imagine that one as a proper CD single cover! That's what fans want to see, not some damn rehashed (if I can call it that) version of the album cover - laziness to the max - a little bit more effort would be nice.