Living For Love - Single Thread

groovyguy

Madonna Scores Historic 71st Top 40 U.K. Single

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6487504/madonna-scores-historic-71st-top-40-uk-single?utm_source=twitter

Madonna extends her own record for the most top 40 singles in the U.K. by a woman.

Madonna scores her 71st top 40 single on the Official U.K. Singles Chart, as "Living For Love" debuts at No. 26 on the list dated March 1.

The achievement extends her own record for the most top 40 hits by a woman in U.K. chart history.

As earlier reported, "Living For Love" was commercially issued in the U.K. on the same day as she took the stage on the Brit Awards (Feb. 25). On the show, the diva took a tumble after a wardrobe malfunction sent her falling backwards down a set of steps. She recently told talk show host Jonathan Ross that it was a "nightmare" and she suffered a "little bit of whiplash."

The song's arrival on the U.K. chart was powered by only three full days of sales, as the tracking week ends at midnight on Saturday.

Madonna last visited the top 40 with 2012's "Give Me All Your Luvin," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. Madonna's first top 40 hit was "Holiday," in 1984.

Madonna also returns to the top 40 of the Official U.K. Albums Chart with her Celebration greatest hits album, re-entering at No. 38.

Madonna Scores Historic 71st Top 40 U.K. Single

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6487504/madonna-scores-historic-71st-top-40-uk-single?utm_source=twitter

Madonna extends her own record for the most top 40 singles in the U.K. by a woman.

Madonna scores her 71st top 40 single on the Official U.K. Singles Chart, as "Living For Love" debuts at No. 26 on the list dated March 1.

The achievement extends her own record for the most top 40 hits by a woman in U.K. chart history.

As earlier reported, "Living For Love" was commercially issued in the U.K. on the same day as she took the stage on the Brit Awards (Feb. 25). On the show, the diva took a tumble after a wardrobe malfunction sent her falling backwards down a set of steps. She recently told talk show host Jonathan Ross that it was a "nightmare" and she suffered a "little bit of whiplash."

The song's arrival on the U.K. chart was powered by only three full days of sales, as the tracking week ends at midnight on Saturday.

Madonna last visited the top 40 with 2012's "Give Me All Your Luvin," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. Madonna's first top 40 hit was "Holiday," in 1984.

Madonna also returns to the top 40 of the Official U.K. Albums Chart with her Celebration greatest hits album, re-entering at No. 38.

why was it released in the middle of the week  :confused:

"Living For Love" is the Subway Fresh Buzz Song of the week on American Top40 - if you're a traditionalist and like to listen to the radio (especially the big stations, which are not really playing it right now), it's airing between songs 14 and 15 on the countdown this week. List of stations can be found here: www.at40.com/stations

I'm still trying to figure out why it didnt chart on Billboard's Hot100

I find it hard to see how it was even properly released in the US. In the UK the song had its own "single" on iTunes, but not in the US. It had that remixes EP that no one in the GP would care about and the song was given away with the pre-order 2 months before the single was "released" aka the video came out and the song was sent to radio plus she performed at the grammys.

Did her team not care about this single in the US? maybe they just don't know how to release something in the digital age? :confused: