2017 Women's March Speech and Performances

RUADJAI

Couldn't make the DC trip but so glad she was there and performed as well! I'm sensing her being especially vunerable right now which makes me uncomfortable but she's a fighter. I think she puts on a tough front too much but that is also how I think she gets through difficulties. I think a lot of women connect with her usually underlying vunerabilty. They sense it. I think a lot of us are feeling vunerable right now in this age that has been building.

Express Yourself arrangement did seem a little slow and the fact they pitch down the music as well to accommodate her vocal range gives an impression of tired or of a record on a slow speed. On top of that, She could have used Donna and Nikki and Monty's guitar was cutting in and out which didn't help the sparse arrangement. HOWEVER! I really like the arrangement. I would love a full album of hits redone with Guitar, Beats, and Madonna.  Human Nature sounds great like this! It had this 90's grunge vibe to it. 

If she had cut the chorus from the beginning EY would have been super duper funky and inspiring but after screaming "come on girls" her singing sounded like pots and pans til the first verse. The intro still makes sense without the chorus first. The arrangement and lowered key are growing on me, I totally prefer this to TOAC.

Regarding the message... Look, fuck is my favorite word. My soul glows a little each time I hear her say fuck in public and on TV HOWEVER considering the event and her real life role as mother to young children all the fuck yous and dick talk was sorta inappropriate for the audience especially younger girls interested in what women are marching for it might have seemed a bit intense even scary.

But thankfully and as per usual she did it her way and is officially the only celebrity on record to have literally shouted "fuck you" and "suck a dick" to President Trump. I applaud her for that. And the "wake the fuck up" was perfectly timed.

Aw I do imagine harmonies would have made her vocal more pleasing. I dig the rawness of Human Nature, it's crazy how she can sort of go into the zone before your eyes. These events are unique as I doubt she would be participating if under contract to certain labels and mega corporations, it's interesting she does not highlight that freedom of hers vs., say, Katy Perry or BeyBey. The money behind these kinds of events intrigues me.

• 4 weeks later...

MADONNA DEFENDED BY FORMER BEST FRIEND SANDRA BERNHARD

FEBRUARY 15, 2017

http://www.inquisitr.com/3984473/madonna-defended-by-former-best-friend-sandra-bernhard/

However, according to SF Weekly, it appears that Sandra Bernhard didn’t take the woman-against-woman route and gave a different outlook.

“Madonna wasn’t being literal, and she didn’t suggest that she wanted to band with terrorists and blow up the White House. She was in the moment and being off the cuff in the way she does. Who f***ing cares? She certainly has the right take on it.â€

Bernhard added that one can’t expect Madonna to be Angela Davis or Gloria Steinem since everybody has their level that they express themselves at. Bernhard noted that she and Madonna are similar in the way they are outspoken.

Sandra Bernhard has been outspoken for decades, and many consider her honesty about her sexuality and her role in Roseanne to have helped the LGBT community at a time when being pro-LGBT was considered a bad thing.

Sandra Bernhard played the role of Nancy Bartlett on Roseanne, and it was the first time on American television that a huge prime time audience got to know a television character who was later revealed to be a lesbian. The audience loved Bernhard’s role, which many believe set the stage for Ellen’s character to come out on her show in 1997.

Like Madonna, there is one huge issue that Bernhard is enraged about — misogyny.

MADONNA DEFENDED BY FORMER BEST FRIEND SANDRA BERNHARD

FEBRUARY 15, 2017

http://www.inquisitr.com/3984473/madonna-defended-by-former-best-friend-sandra-bernhard/

However, according to SF Weekly, it appears that Sandra Bernhard didn’t take the woman-against-woman route and gave a different outlook.

“Madonna wasn’t being literal, and she didn’t suggest that she wanted to band with terrorists and blow up the White House. She was in the moment and being off the cuff in the way she does. Who f***ing cares? She certainly has the right take on it.â€

Bernhard added that one can’t expect Madonna to be Angela Davis or Gloria Steinem since everybody has their level that they express themselves at. Bernhard noted that she and Madonna are similar in the way they are outspoken.

Sandra Bernhard has been outspoken for decades, and many consider her honesty about her sexuality and her role in Roseanne to have helped the LGBT community at a time when being pro-LGBT was considered a bad thing.

Sandra Bernhard played the role of Nancy Bartlett on Roseanne, and it was the first time on American television that a huge prime time audience got to know a television character who was later revealed to be a lesbian. The audience loved Bernhard’s role, which many believe set the stage for Ellen’s character to come out on her show in 1997.

Like Madonna, there is one huge issue that Bernhard is enraged about — misogyny.

She gets it.