Living For Love video

poserdemadonna

It's a good concept and video, but it's the fuzzy red filter that makes it look not HD and choppily edited even in 1080p.  Also, it really bothers me that the audio is obviously not synced with her lips in many parts.  But I bet it will be great live if she uses this theme and we can see it unfiltered, like with the behind the scenes clip.

It reminds me of the MDNA tour DVD editing :lol:

But it's an amazing video anyways. I can't wait to see the jaw drops when she does that backflip at the grammys!

Complainers will be complainers. I think u just need to go out and get some fresh air.

:Madonna042:

Odd how people aren't allowed to have opinions on the effects on a video, yet people will complain all over the place about how all the demos were ruined in the final production.  :Madonna003:

Let's just live for love and let everyone have their say without insulting them for differences in opinion.

Please stop with that troll shit and the insults because I'm not insulting anybody. Am I a troll for saying something different? Neither am I a God fanatic (nor a Gaga fan!!!!) but I'm against this new wave of darkness that seems to impregn music. If she wants to say they're minotaurs and you believe her, it's OK. But I'm convinced that "minoutaur" is a trojan horse in which enters baphomet. Like an acceptabe way to present satan to the mainstream, to present evil as "cool". We know perfectly well how she loves to play with double-entendres and be controversial. And you all also know about the satan-worshippers Illuminati that are ruling the music industry today (governments too).

I'm not saying that she's into that Illuminati shit, but i do believe she flirts with its imagery because it's -ugh- "trendy" and because she knows where the power rests. She's no full. Hence her new song. You don't mess with these shit people and get away with it. Darkness is not something to play with. I really wish she turns her back to that because it doesn't suit her and because the contradiction between her message of love and the imagery in which it's presented will be too evident to not laugh at.

interesting point of view. i agree there is a lot of darkness out there but:

i think you're mistaking the obvious superficial layer for the inherent message of the imagery.

she is everything BUT satanic actually. she is fighting against the bulls/satanic creatures.

she is fighting against the devil.

she also wants make the "devil" (evil) pray by NOT taking all the drugs she mentions in "devil pray" on the album, for example.

she is not very overt with her messages but they are there. she is fighting negativity. 

look beneath the surface.

Odd how people aren't allowed to have opinions on the effects on a video, yet people will complain all over the place about how all the demos were ruined in the final production.  :Madonna003:

Let's just live for love and let everyone have their say without insulting them for differences in opinion.

I don't get where you saw the 'people are not allowed to' sentence. What I meant is basically supported by the shitload of complains regarding everything related to the Rebel Heart era... Oh well, we're Madonna fans after all, never satisfied.

I don't get where you saw the 'people are not allowed to' sentence. What I meant is basically supported by the shitload of complains regarding everything related to the Rebel Heart era... Oh well, we're Madonna fans after all, never satisfied.

Aren't you part of the "shitload of complains" regarding the removal of the Avicii production?  We all have different opinions, but no one said you're just a complainer [who will be] a complainer.  I love the final album as it is, but I think the video could have benefited from less filtering and editing, a la the MDNA tour DVD.  Nowhere did I say I'm dissatisfied with the Rebel Heart era.

Aren't you part of the "shitload of complains" regarding the removal of the Avicii production?  We all have different opinions, but no one said you're just a complainer [who will be] a complainer.  I love the final album as it is, but I think the video could have benefited from less filtering and editing, a la the MDNA tour DVD.  Nowhere did I say I'm dissatisfied with the Rebel Heart era.

Posted Image

10 reasons LFL is her best video in years:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/10-reasons-madonnas-living-for-love-video-is-her-best-in-years

Here are 10 reasons it rules.

1. That unusual choreography with all of its masculine posturing and grappling. It's like if Madonna joined the man-slave brawl at the end of the "Express Yourself" video. 

2. That matador costume is gorgeous. Madonna's idols Frida Kahlo and Marlene Dietrich would both covet it.

3. This is her Annie Lennox "Diva" moment. She's accepting the role of a veteran and playing on familiar imagery from her career ("Take a Bow," specifically) without forfeiting any of her signature nerve, headmistress grandeur, or ingenuity. She's a raging stateswoman strutting on broken glass.

4. The song's hymn vibe is a perfect match for the studied, solemn movements of a matador. 

5. She looks incredible. That body! She's like if Belinda Carlisle were an American Gladiator. 

6. The sappiness and bullfighting theme give us reason to call her Earnest Hemingway. Just a thought. 

7. She's titillating those shirtless dudes as they sweat and claw beneath her. This is like if the "Open Your Heart" video turned into a cage match. 

8. The pulsating redness gives the video a carnal and tender feel. 

9. The slow-motion rose pedals are like something out of most glamorous De Beers commercial ever. 

10. Of course Madonna is slaying minotaurs. She's living mythology. 

Posted Image

Madonna Looks Incredible at 56, Dances With Minotaurs in "Living for Love" Music Video

Madonna deserves to take a bow for this one. After months of buildup, the Queen of Pop released the first music video, "Living for Love," from her upcoming 13th studio album, Rebel Heart â€” and let's just say it was worth the wait.

Directed by Julien Choquart and Camille Hirigoyen, aka "J.A.C.K.," the video made headlines on Thursday, Feb. 5, because it debuted initially on Snapchat, but it should have made headlines because of how good it is.

Posted Image

Like her video for 1994's "Take a Bow," the "Living for Love" cut features a bullfighting theme — but this time, Madge, 56, is in the role of the fiercely sexy matador. Various hunky men thrash and buck around her, channeling their inner beasts to play the minotaurs, complete with curved black horns and diamond-studded masks.
Posted Image

Alternating among several impeccably designed outfits — including a velvety red bolero jacket, an intricately beaded gold and white chaquetilla, and an embellished corseted leotard — the "Girl Gone Wild" superstar seductively vamps and dances atop a scarlet red platform, as the horned men close in around her. (The latin-themed clip also brings to mind 1986’s "La Isla Bonita," not to mention Madonna's starring role in the 1996 big screen adaptation of Evita.)

Posted Image

The result is an electrifying spectacle, with some of Madge's best (and most acrobatic!) dancing.

"Man is the cruelest animal," a Friedrich Nietzsche quote at the end of the video reads. "At tragedies, bullfights, and crucifixions he has felt best on earth; and when he invented hell for himself that was his very heaven."

Madonna Looks Incredible at 56, Dances With Minotaurs in "Living for Love" Music Video
ENTERTAINMENTFEB. 6, 2015 AT 3:50PM BY ALLISON TAKEDA

Madonna deserves to take a bow for this one. After months of buildup, the Queen of Pop released the first music video, "Living for Love," from her upcoming 13th studio album, Rebel Heart â€” and let's just say it was worth the wait.

Directed by Julien Choquart and Camille Hirigoyen, aka "J.A.C.K.," the video made headlines on Thursday, Feb. 5, because it debuted initially on Snapchat, but it should have made headlines because of how good it is. (See for yourself above!)

Posted Image

Like her video for 1994's "Take a Bow," the "Living for Love" cut features a bullfighting theme — but this time, Madge, 56, is in the role of the fiercely sexy matador. Various hunky men thrash and buck around her, channeling their inner beasts to play the minotaurs, complete with curved black horns and diamond-studded masks.

Posted Image

Alternating among several impeccably designed outfits — including a velvety red bolero jacket, an intricately beaded gold and white chaquetilla, and an embellished corseted leotard — the "Girl Gone Wild" superstar seductively vamps and dances atop a scarlet red platform, as the horned men close in around her. (The latin-themed clip also brings to mind 1986’s "La Isla Bonita," not to mention Madonna's starring role in the 1996 big screen adaptation of Evita.)

Posted Image

The result is an electrifying spectacle, with some of Madge's best (and most acrobatic!) dancing.

"Man is the cruelest animal," a Friedrich Nietzsche quote at the end of the video reads. "At tragedies, bullfights, and crucifixions he has felt best on earth; and when he invented hell for himself that was his very heaven."

Madonna’s New Favorite Designer on That Matador Bustier

Chances are you don’t know the name Shady Zeineldine. The Kuwait-based designer known for dramatic lace and embellished gowns hasn’t made much of a mark outside the Middle East, but that’s all about to change, thanks to a little collaboration with Madonna.

Madge’s “Living for Love†video (you missed it because it was released exclusively on Snapchat yesterday and has since disappeared) features an embellished nude bustier by the designer worn for most of the dance sequences. The piece is a masculine-feminine mix of corsetry and a tuxedo-like top—it’s the sort of tight, sexy, gender-bending thing we’ve come to expect from the Queen of Pop. (The Minotaur-horned, nearly nude male dancers who thrust around her, too, are sort of a Madonna signature.) For Zeineldine, it was a career first. “I’m a longtime, big fan of her,†he told Style.com. “She’s everything for me.†After Madonna and her team sent a brief of matador references (presumably including Dolce & Gabbana’s Spring collection), he was given free rein to design. “I tried to do something matador-inspired but with a touch of femininity, something more delicate,†Zeineldine said. “I used many kinds of lace and [decided on the] nude color for the lining to show her sexy body.â€

Posted Image

Zeineldine's sketch for Madonna's look.

Photo: Courtesy of Shady Zeineldine

The collaboration came about through Madonna’s longtime stylist, B. Akerlund, and Zeineldine’s public relations team. After visiting the designer’s press showroom in Los Angeles, Akerlund requested he send sketches for the video. After a couple of months of re-sketching and getting approval from Madonna’s team, the deal was sealed. 

So can we expect to see more of Zeineldine’s creations during Madonna’s performance this weekend at the Grammys? He’s made a few pieces for the performer, but even he won’t know until Madonna takes the stage if they’ll be worn. All the more reason to tune in this Sunday night.

LIVING FOR LOVE
FROM VICTIM TO VICTOR
Madonna’s latest music video is all about empowerment
"Lots of people write about being in love and being happy or they write about having a broken heart and being inconsolable. But nobody writes about having a broken heart and being hopeful and triumphant afterwards," Madonna told Rolling Stone magazine about her latest single, LIVING FOR LOVE, when the track leaked last December. 

The message is clear. The song is not a mopey break-up song. It is an uplifting, full-of-hope dance track that combines a modern and sophisticated EDM-oriented break, with classic house music, and a choir a la "Like a Prayer." 

The video is also very sophisticated, and it combines subtle elements of many Madonna moments to convey the message about what happens after one has his/her heart broken. Do you believe in life after love? Well, Cher, Madonna’s answer is yes.

In an interesting way, Madonna inverts the role she played in her TAKE A BOW video 20 years ago (as a victim of a matador), and comes back as the victor. She now enjoys the love game; she is a player, she is a fighter. She faces her lovers face to face, head to head. She doesn’t leave the ring without a fight.

If in TAKE A BOW Madonna represented the victim of a heartless bullfighter who killed her “love†the same way he killed bulls at the end of a tauromachy; she now represents the bullfighter herself. But here’s the tricky part: in LIVING FOR LOVE, Madonna isn’t battling bulls, she’s fighting minotaurs, a half man half bull mythological creature that is often used to convey the idea of masculine strength and primal violence.

Posted Image
The matador in TAKE A BOW.

Posted Image
The matador in LIVING FOR LOVE.

20 year ago, the big bad monster was the matador. Fast forward to 2015, the monster is the minotaur. And she isn’t afraid of them - even when they come in large numbers. She’s teasing, provoking, fighting, and winning over every single one of them.