Beautiful Scars (album version) is Amazing!!

xavier

First I was never obsessed with the demo, I like it but that was it.This album version has such a cool spring/summer lounge vibe! Very mellow but fun. Love the dance elements of it and the male computer voice at the end. It totally works! Gives a good variety to the whole album!I can chill to this with a glass if sparkling wine! One if my faves on the album for sure!

I don't like the new version: imo, it's soul-less, and the music doesn't really fit; sounds like a remix made in 1997 :lol:

The demo was really good, it only needed a few strings.

I agree with this.

Imo it was just reworked into a mid-tempo dance songs because the album lacks any sort of dance tracks and that's why so many ppl seem to like it. For me, this version sucked the life out of the song, although it's slightly growing on me. However, I think it doesn't suit the lyrics at all and it sounds out of place on the album which is why I'm glad it's only a bonus track. Graffiti Heart on the other hand got the punch it needed. It's very uplifiting, cheeky and suits the song very well.

disco parts (especial the end when that guy is singing is cool. BUT while she sings, there is almost no music to back her up, it is almost like acapella, but the voice is soulless and over auto tuned that hurts my ears.

demo had great beginning/intro and vocals fit to the tune, on the album version it sounds like a mashup and if this track leaked alone, there would be no person in the world to make me believe it is official track. I would swear to life it is fan made joke.

anyways i am happy that someone likes it, lucky you. i loved demo and really dislike this new version :(

My opinion:

For me the album version of "Beautiful Scars" sounds like a fan-made mash-up (M's vocals put on some "disco" track). The demo version of this song needed a little tweaking and it would be just great. The same applies to: "Inside Out", "Graffiti Heart" (the demo is too short though...), "Borrowed Time", "Messiah", "HeartbreakCity", "Rebel Heart", "Wash All Over Me". I don't care about SEX/Holy Water. These 2 tracks just don't fit the album theme IMHO.

If she had sung it again and added the backvocals, I'd agree. It's a nice song as it is, but the Autotune is almost unbearable.

Wow!  Autotune Baby is one of the albums best tracks to me.

Holy Water's Chorus is extremely catchy now... and I listen to it completely instead of skipping it.

***best break out 2 songs on the entire album are Unapologetic Bitch and Inside Out*****

Inside out could literally be from ROL

Heartbreak City is a masterpiece and is my absolute fav.

I don't care about SEX/Holy Water. These 2 tracks just don't fit the album theme IMHO.

If you put the album in the right order (the way M has envisioned it) you'll see that they fit the album quite well. Rebel Heart at the core is retrospective and self-reflective album. She explores to very distinct sides of her personality. One side is the renegade/sexual/IDGAF side of her personality, the other one is the more introvert, romantic and spiritual side of her.

Holy Water is the essence of Madonna if you take a closer look at it. The metaphor "Holy Water" is supposed to represent what the name and the artist Madonna stands for. She is not a saint, although her name might imply it. Holy Water represents the juxtaposition of religious imagery and S.E.X. which is what the name/brand/artist Madonna is all about.

I have my album ordered this way and you can call me delusional or insane, but I'm sure it's the way it was meant to be (except for the bonus tracks):

1. Illuminati

2. Bitch, I'm Madonna

3. Best Night

4. S.E.X.

5. Holy Water

6. Inside Out

7. Autotune Baby*

8. Addicted*

9. Unapologetic Bitch

10. Iconic

11. Veni Vidi Vici

12. Rebel Heart

13. Joan of Arc

14. Graffiti Heart*

15. Beautiful Scars*

16. Body Shop

17. Devil Pray

18. Hold Tight

19. Ghosttown

20. Messiah

21. HeartBreakCity

22. Living for Love

23. Wash All Over Me

24. Borrowed Time*

25. Queen*

Messiah -> HBC -> L4L -> WAOM is like a baptism!

*optional additions