Let's talk about Hard Candy!

MadgeSlave

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

She's not being literal, it's what those sentences mean to HER :Madonna004:

And I was only joking about learning Spanish from it

Great lessons when the lessons don't mean what they suppose to mean! :D

We are gonna do math today but not what Math are but what Math means to me Over It Eye Roll GIF by ALLBLK

8 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Nobody says ever yo soy loco, thats bad grammar, it would be estoy loco. In spanish ser or estar are Two diffent words, in english it is to be.

Good grammar is rare in lyrics.   Most lyrics are fragments and incomplete sentences and usually full of slang or incorrect usage of language. Most artists are looking to fit a pattern in the music if not looking to rhyme.

7 hours ago, Donna said:

Good grammar is rare in lyrics.   Most lyrics are fragments and incomplete sentences and usually full of slang or incorrect usage of language. Most artists are looking to fit a pattern in the music if not looking to rhyme.

Love Don't Live Here Anymore says hi ! 

7 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I've always adored this album. I think it's really strong and completely get it sonically. For me its always been the Bedtime Stories of the 00s in the way that it offers something current and something new simultaneously.

I pretty much have the same feeling.  Bedtime Stories still will have the edge over Hard Candy, but it's a really solid album of it's time. 

In an alternate universe, Hard Candy came out in '03 instead of American Life. And "Back That Up To The Beat" was one of her most successful singles on the US Hot 100. She does just one Justin collab. The rest are Britney, Gwen, Janet (GAG!) The American radio blackballing never happens. AL is released as a double album with Madame X in 2019 inspired by her divorce from Ingrid. It makes more sense tbh.

Hard Candy 🍬 🍫 🍭 takes me back to being 16 in 2008 and I too at the time found it odd how Cyndi Lauper did her version of a Madonna album it felt like that same year, Janet also with hers ....yet Madonna did a U turn from synthwave, disco, electronics and went for hip hop, urban, electrofunk r n b stuff 

I get gutted that after the album release it kinda faded away ...give it to me was a hit in the UK and some of Europe but like she could've delivered more singles and visuals the tour was colossal and it would've definitely made a difference I think for the next interscope era of hard candy was given the more Confessions treatment