Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

I remember seeing this and being shocked that she chopped it all off.  Then again, she really didn't have much of a choice as she said her hair was falling out with all the dying of the hair previously.

I always thought that the story of her hair falling was during and after "The blond ambition tour". I remember that other said that it was more confortable for her to have it cut for the "hat" of "Vogue", "Like a virgin" and "Justify my love" and for the wig of "Express yourself". Any way, whatever the reason was, she looked simply amazing. I always thought that Madonna looked better with short (or hair to the shoulders) than with long hair.

6 minutes ago, scamper said:

I always thought that the story of her hair falling was during and after "The blond ambition tour". I remember that other said that it was more confortable for her to have it cut for the "hat" of "Vogue", "Like a virgin" and "Justify my love" and for the wig of "Express yourself". Any way, whatever the reason was, she looked simply amazing. I always thought that Madonna looked better with short (or hair to the shoulders) than with long hair.

Not to say she didn't have issues after the BAT, but she didn't cut it then.  But in an interview promoting the GIRLIE SHOW Tour, Madonna speaks about having to cut it, due to the fact she dyed it so much and it was just falling out.  If I recall, she originally was thinking of having dark hair on the tour, but at some point decided against it. 

While I do think she looked great with that cut then, these days, it wouldn't flatter her. She looks much better with longer hair today. 

4 hours ago, scamper said:

Agree. I always prefer Madonna with super short hair or maximum length Oh Father cover. I am tired of the ageist comments that say she will look to old if she did that now. There are many beautiful old women with short hair.