Do you use Spotify/YouTube to listen to M?

Régine Filange

Vote  

74 members voted

1. 1. Do you use Spotify/YouTube?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rarely

i LOVE streaming - I seriously cant imagine life before it.  No more physical product filling up my drawers, getting dusty.

That said, I still buy physical for certain artists, including M as that fullfills my need to go to a music store and buy a beautiful new record.  I dont have a record player so I put them away once I buy them and eventually sell them on discogs etc as I listen to them on spotify.

A

I think we are getting conscious that she has low streaming numbers and we should help as a fans, and as for her legacy. But I don' like streaming at all, I hate when albums like 'I'm going to tell you a secret' disapear, when wrong versions of the songs are ulpoaded instead of the correct ones, and when I don't have control like what remixes I want to hear that are not there, or bonus tracks like the ones of Madame X. 
Also, the quality of Spotify is far from good. 

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

I think we are getting conscious that she has low streaming numbers and we should help as a fans, and as for her legacy. But I don' like streaming at all, I hate when albums like 'I'm going to tell you a secret' disapear, when wrong versions of the songs are ulpoaded instead of the correct ones, and when I don't have control like what remixes I want to hear that are not there, or bonus tracks like the ones of Madame X. 

I'm Going To Tell You A Secret is still on my Spotify in the UK. I played it earlier.

5 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Her streaming numbers are good for a pre 1990 female artist

The only other pre 1990 female act with more YouTube subscribers is Whitney and Madonna is catching up to her

Prince's YouTube numbers are TERRIBLE, I mean I know he kept he stuff if of YT before he died in 2016 but in 4 years he only has 1.3 Million subscribers and his most watched videos has 47 Million views

I don't use Spotify, but Madonna's YouTube numbers are pretty good, all things considered

I only ever used Spotify when I was playing music at the cafe I used to work at because the Sonos speaker only supported Spotify pairing lol. I only go to YT when I want to watch a music video and can't be bothered to get it from my external harddrive.

Call me old fashioned, but I much prefer to rip the CDs I have, then put them on my phone so they're available to me whenever I want. Not to mention, Spotify doesn't have everything I want to listen to.

4 hours ago, Mp1992 said:

Prince's YouTube numbers are TERRIBLE, I mean I know he kept he stuff if of YT before he died in 2016 but in 4 years he only has 1.3 Million subscribers and his most watched videos has 47 Million views

I don't use Spotify, but Madonna's YouTube numbers are pretty good, all things considered

They’re constantly uploading stuff but I don’t find his videos spectacular all the time so visual draw isn’t there for me. I’d rather stream him. 

2 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Yes, but Whitney is dead, that's why. 

Exactly.  Which makes Madonna's YT numbers even more impressive

Off topic, but why are Janet's YT numbers so horrible?  I never paid attention to it until today when I was looking up Madonna and a suggested Janet video put me down a rabbit hole

I listen to CDs a lot if I have the right one for the car. I’m otherwise streaming via Spotify (which is usually a mess of a playlist of exploring new artists). With streaming atleast I know my listening contributing to something, unlike what I’ve bought. I buy on iTunes simply for supporting my preferred artists.