Game: + and - of Madonna Songs

Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Remix)

Positive - The beat is like an 80s Prince track shot into EDM, new territory for M with a sharp diatribe about acceptance. I love the crashes on the 4. And the repeating be be be... this was my shit when she revealed it at the streaming Koko club appearance. Nailed it. 

Negative - Similar to Rebel Heart track review above, its like.... 'do we need another track telling you how far you've come'? I guess its reassuring.

Next: Bang Bang (Demo)

Love tried to welcome me

Positives: The melody, the lyrics, that bass, the strings it's a gorgeous song and one of her best ballads.

Negatives: One tiny thing - I hate the drum machine they've used would be so much better with a live drum.

Next tune: Have we had SWIM yet?

Off topic, but a live rendition would have been a dream to me. That cancelled 1995 Bedtime Stories Tour!

SWIM

Positive: beautiful lyrics ("Comets fly across the sky while the churches burn their preachers" love it), rockish melody, subtle atmosphere, the heavenly and yet sensual tone of the whole thing

Negative: NEVER PERFORMED LIVE!! (even if, for what I know, it was considered as the closing number for the first set of the ReInvention Tour)  

Next: Best Night

"Best Night"

Positive: gets me back to "Bedtime Stories" era, so sensual, "you can call me M. tonight".... Hope she'll use it for Rebel Heart Tour, even as a sample in the opening segment :)

Negative: can't find the nagatives in the song, but when I heard for the first time the first demo I really thought that it was not Madonna singing it, the vocals are so different. For some time I didn't even listening to it, because I was pretty sure that this is fake, hahaha :)

Next: "Borderline (Sticky & Sweet 2008 Version)"

Material Girl:

positive: it's a nice and catchy song, immediately radio-friendly, and projected an independent woman.

negative: oh my god her voice sounds so high-pitched and annoying... please don't hate me, but I don't like her voice very much on the Like A Virgin album. if it wasn't so edited to make her sound like a little girl... but that's how bussiness works.

next song: Iconic (ft. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson).

Get Together

Positive: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (need I say more?)

If you want a specific the jupiter pad (I think is what it is? Check the stems, you'll know what I mean. It's that pulsing synth.)

Negative: I hate how on the mixed album version it starts with a really loud alarm. Ouch, my ears/sanity.

Next: Sanctuary

"Sanctuary"

Positive: It's a nice trip-hop surprise at the end of the Bedtime Stories album, and it along with "Bedtime Story", felt like a foreshadow of the sound that was to come on ROL.

Negative: I don't really have anything negative to say, I guess, except for I'm not really a fan of the intro or outro.

next: "Some Girls"

oh my god really.no one has anything to say about STAY? (stay darlinnnnnnn)fine lets get this bitch rollin again. + it is a magnificant slice of 80s vanilla ice cream with a gorgeous synth line and a beat similar to another favorite "like it or not". her vocal is lush and on point. - it sounds a bit dated, fit for the drug store or dentist office. this is one that could really shine with a modern remix. next: DIe Another Day (analyze this)

Where's The Party

Positive: It's one of those songs you listen to and you feel just like you have to dance to it or you will die. It's fun and really upbeat, the lyrics are kinda relatable

Negative: Even if its lenght it's just 4:22, I feel like it's a little too long

Next we have Where Life Begins