If you could change her Superbowl Halftime Show

louis.exe

13 hours ago, me1981 said:

Madonna had no choice but to have guests. It was mandatory, part of the deal. So if you could choose, who would it be?

She originally wanted Adele to sing Like a Prayer during the ending of the set. You could have brought out Justin for 4 Minutes (though he doesn't need it after Janet and how he threw her under the bus) Nicki and MIA were fine since it was the song at the moment but LMFAO were not.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, thelioncourtheart_ said:

She originally wanted Adele to sing Like a Prayer during the ending of the set. You could have brought out Justin for 4 Minutes (though he doesn't need it after Janet and how he threw her under the bus) Nicki and MIA were fine since it was the song at the moment but LMFAO were not.

She wanted Adele for Like a Prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh My God Omg GIF by Friends

On 12/20/2019 at 1:58 AM, thelioncourtheart_ said:

This probably should be in the controversial opinion forum. Yet the back up singers for Like A Prayer, especially the solo part, always should be black artists. It's part of the rich tradition of her performing that song. 

On 12/19/2019 at 2:58 PM, thelioncourtheart_ said:

4 minutes didnt sound new anymore by then and clearly they went for trendy. im glad tho 

14 hours ago, MarXus said:

Not true!  But some people love to make things up based on what rumors are posted elsewhere.

You were saying? She admitted she wanted her for the Superbowl and wanted her for the Like a Prayer number but her throat issues prevented that. So no this isn't a "rumor."

16 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

You were saying? She admitted she wanted her for the Superbowl and wanted her for the Like a Prayer number but her throat issues prevented that. So no this isn't a "rumor."

Actually, I had forgotten she said that.  Though, there is no mention it was for Like A Prayer.  We could only assume that's what she was thinking.  Again, rumors.

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Actually, I had forgotten she said that.  Though, there is no mention it was for Like A Prayer.  We could only assume that's what she was thinking.  Again, rumors.

Then that is your issue for forgetting and it isn't kind to simply brand people as starting rumors when they have proof of what Madonna wanted and given the set, Adele fits with the Open Your Heart/LAP number Cee Lo took over when Adele was not available. I admire your posts and knowledge but you shouldn't be so quick to throw rumors and brand people as spreading false information. It was known she wanted Adele at the time.

13 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Then that is your issue for forgetting and it isn't kind to simply brand people as starting rumors when they have proof of what Madonna wanted and given the set, Adele fits with the Open Your Heart/LAP number Cee Lo took over when Adele was not available. I admire your posts and knowledge but you shouldn't be so quick to throw rumors and brand people as spreading false information. It was known she wanted Adele at the time.

Lighten up! No one is trying to "brand" anyone anything here. Also, not every fan knows or remembers every single detail of her career.  The fact; no one posted such proof until you did, so pardon me for making a mistake and not remembering.  Geez!  This isn't a contest of who knows what. We're here to share our love of Madonna. We are on the same side here. 

As for the idea Adele "fits"  the OPY/LAP still doesn't validate as it is truth. Once again, you are only assuming. I will agree it makes sense, but at this point we can speculate such. :Madonna003:

Just now, MarXus said:

Lighten up! No one is trying to "brand" anyone anything here. Also, not every fan knows or remembers every single detail of her career.  The fact; no one posted such proof until you did, so pardon me for making a mistake and not remembering.  Geez!  This isn't a contest of who knows what. We're here to share our love of Madonna. We are on the same side here. 

As for the idea she "fits" still doesn't validate as it is truth. Once again, you are only assuming. I will agree it makes sense, but at this point we can speculate such. :Madonna003:

How are you going to tell others to lighten up when your tone is this in a discussion about her Superbowl? Quickly resorting to say people are starting rumors and not even giving the benefit that someone may be right. I don't know how you would have done during RH when lists of demos and versions were being passed. Would those have been rumors until they leaked as well? Or the scrapped SEX backdrop? Or the performances of You Must Love Me and Easy Ride from MXT that an insider named Mindtrappa has been 100% right about?

"Not true!  But some people love to make things up based on what rumors are posted elsewhere."

And you're right, not everyone is going to remember everything about her career but it isn't fair nor warranted to simply going around undermining others and their postings. This isn't the first time you've done things like this and tried to dictate directions a conversation is going or determine what is appropriate to discussed among fans. I do like your posts because you are knowledgeable and provide good responses to threads but this is something that shouldn't be common place. Not resorting to rumors, just ask for proof or clarification about something rather than going off and making it as if I pulled the information out of my ass.

Adele isn't a dancer so no Vogue or Music, GMAYL already has its guest, what else does it leave? :laughing: Her list was pretty much set in stone given she only had two or three rehearsals for the thing as she also stated she was upset not being allowed numerous rehearsals.

Just like you assumed I started a rumor and Madonna herself had to prove you wrong.

43 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

How are you going to tell others to lighten up when your tone is this in a discussion about her Superbowl? Quickly resorting to say people are starting rumors and not even giving the benefit that someone may be right. I don't know how you would have done during RH when lists of demos and versions were being passed. Would those have been rumors until they leaked as well? Or the scrapped SEX backdrop? Or the performances of You Must Love Me and Easy Ride from MXT that an insider named Mindtrappa has been 100% right about?

"Not true!  But some people love to make things up based on what rumors are posted elsewhere."

And you're right, not everyone is going to remember everything about her career but it isn't fair nor warranted to simply going around undermining others and their postings. This isn't the first time you've done things like this and tried to dictate directions a conversation is going or determine what is appropriate to discussed among fans. I do like your posts because you are knowledgeable and provide good responses to threads but this is something that shouldn't be common place. Not resorting to rumors, just ask for proof or clarification about something rather than going off and making it as if I pulled the information out of my ass.

Adele isn't a dancer so no Vogue or Music, GMAYL already has its guest, what else does it leave? :laughing: Her list was pretty much set in stone given she only had two or three rehearsals for the thing as she also stated she was upset not being allowed numerous rehearsals.

Just like you assumed I started a rumor and Madonna herself had to prove you wrong.

What's with all the drama?  Please retract the claws!!  I said I made a mistake. I'm sorry! Good grief!!  There is no need to go on viciously writing an essay over this  Chill!  :Madonna033:

11 minutes ago, MarXus said:

What's with all the drama?  I said I made a mistake. I'm sorry! Good grief!!  There is no need to go on in writing an essay over this  Chill!  :Madonna033:

There is no drama until you begin going in on others for assuming and rumor starting. I tried to be polite but you still added "You're assuming" two cents which you do to others as well. I have no issues with you but your stance towards others on M topics is the same. As for the essay writing, you've done it yourself. Pot meet kettle. :polish:

Regardless, Adele was wanted for the set. End of story.

49 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

There is no drama until you begin going in on others for assuming and rumor starting. I tried to be polite but you still added "You're assuming" two cents which you do to others as well. I have no issues with you but your stance towards others on M topics is the same. As for the essay writing, you've done it yourself. Pot meet kettle. :polish:

Regardless, Adele was wanted for the set. End of story.

"Going in on others"?  To whom?  I didn't even quote you or refer to you in my earlier post.  I made a mistake in what I recalled.  I owned up to it and  I apologized.  However, you are making more of this; all for the sake of wanting to be right about something so trivial. 

You talk about me "dictating" conversations when you're doing exactly that in your very posts, especially when stating "end of story" as if you are only allowed the last word.  Have the last word, I don't care!  Though, you obviously took this way too personal when I didn't not say anything negative of you.  Meanwhile, you pretty much assassinated my character throughout your rant.  Good grief!  This is just a public Madonna fan forum. Take a seat and chill already!  There is no need to get viciously nasty over this.  No need to respond any further.  I'm no longer subjecting myself to this ridiculous tirade of yours and blocking you.  :Madonna052:

8 minutes ago, MarXus said:

"Going in on others"?  To whom?  I didn't even quote you or refer to you in my earlier post.  I made a mistake in what I recalled.  I owned up to it and  I apologized.  However, you are making more of this; all for the sake of wanting to be right about something so trivial. 

You talk about me "dictating" conversations when you're doing exactly that in your very posts, especially when stating "end of story" as if you are only allowed the last word.  Have the last word, I don't care!  Though, you obviously took this way too personal when I didn't not say anything negative of you.  Meanwhile, you pretty much assassinated my character throughout your rant.  Good grief!  This is just a public Madonna fan forum. Take a seat and chill already!  There is no need to get viciously nasty over this.  No need to respond any further.  I'm no longer subjecting myself to this ridiculous tirade of yours and blocking you.  :Madonna052:

I mean. :laughing:

You chimed in and immediately declared my post as a rumor and then tried to still say I was assuming when I provided video proof of Madonna saying she asked for Adele in her set. I wrote my response and you told me to chill when I defended myself and likened it to an essay. I seem to recall you defending Madonna with long paragraphs or is it only useless when others do it? You have tried to do the very thing in other threads and butted heads with other users before and there's numerous examples of it. You can't have your cake and eat it too when it benefits you. 

No one hear is looking to have the last word. That defeats the purpose of a forum and I am not to advocate for single opinionated threads either. My bolded response was to state what I said was correct when put into question by you who still tried to discredit my original post. And how freely you characterize my posts as vicious and ridiculous. Insulting members isn't a good look but you seem to do it freely and at your disposal anyways.

image.png.ca4f97cbb9e46fbb31cd98977d1f6838.png

And to quote a classic film regarding your petty block statement.