Who should Madonna duet or feature with in the 2020s?

Guest Ashley

2 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I hate Brahim for that more than anything else. Praying she’ll show up at the Madame X Tour in London for a photo or beer sharing video but it’s so unlikely :Madonna052:

I remember the Instagram teasing we got and all the stars being aligned with Kylie taking a photo with Guy and she pulled a no-show. I love Kylie but that's the duet we need!

20 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

The point of those collaborations she had since 2003 was to sell, so I don't see the point of doing more since the last ones did nothing on the charts. Having said that I would like a more organic, not so focus on trying to be hip, kind of collaborations, especially with women within her genre of music, tired of those urban crap...

I kinda agree with this to a point.  Yeah, I suspect it was to help bring more awareness to the song, in hopes it would sell more singles or albums.  That said, some of the choices weren't necessarily done when these artists were well known or as popular anymore.  For instance, the Timbaland collaboration with Justin probably would have done much better a few years earlier.  Even Missy Elliot was already out the door when she decided to collab with her.  Other collabs were with artists who weren't really racking a lot of chart success themselves, so I do think she chose them because she genuinely wanted to work with them.  I guess what I'm trying to get at is that she could have chosen far more popular musician to collaborate with when they were scoring big time hits.  

So now I await a Katy Perry collaboration in the next five years as she's not as successful as she once was.  LOL!

I suppose we can’t assume much in this day and age with her. She’ll do what she feels is current in her life. Her collab with Justin T is such a shame because I absolutely loathe 4 Minutes. DWRY is such an amazing song which should have gotten more recognition. A missed opportunity to make amazing music happened. But what do I know, right? I had a dream once Madonna sang Mirrors. God I can still feel it. 

7 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I suppose we can’t assume much in this day and age with her. She’ll do what she feels is current in her life. Her collab with Justin T is such a shame because I absolutely loathe 4 Minutes. DWRY is such an amazing song which should have gotten more recognition. A missed opportunity to make amazing music happened. But what do I know, right? I had a dream once Madonna sang Mirrors. God I can still feel it. 

Oh wow, I agree that DWRY was a smash waiting to be released.  I don't dislike 4 Minutes, but I agree I rather DWRY been the huge Madonna/Timberlake collab.  I understand they were going for a quick one two punch with 4 minutes. It worked, but I have to wondered if DWRY could have been her Take A Bow moment again. It seemed at the time the album released and up to that year, there was a Timberlake/One Republic type ballad that did very well and I thought this would have fit right in that year, especially if it was released in the fall. 

2 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

It's weird how Confessions was ahead of the dance music curve and Hard Candy was already at the end of urban music dominance.

Yeah, but in somewhat Hard Candy was ahead of the curve too because Pharrell Williams hit big again in the next year or two with similar sounds.

1 hour ago, diegolcl said:

The point of those collaborations she had since 2003 was to sell, so I don't see the point of doing more since the last ones did nothing on the charts. Having said that I would like a more organic, not so focus on trying to be hip, kind of collaborations, especially with women within her genre of music, tired of those urban crap...

Agree 100%. 

Instead Maluma and Anitta, I would love Kylie Minogue and Cyndi Lauper. 

Agree 100%. 

Instead Maluma and Anitta, I would love Kylie Minogue and Cyndi Lauper. 

Sorry, my answer appeared 3 times. 

I really dont care anymore. Since the 80's she had my attention. This year she lost it. She needs major changes. She lost a lot of fans and that will become apparent the next time she realeases a cd. She has become terribly pretentious. I want brassy fun pop and dance Madonna back. Call me when she returns.