Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Piojitx, figure out if this were the "Ain't No Big Deal" single tracklist:

1. Reggie Lucas produced version

2. Steve Bray produced demo version (aka Ain't No Big Deal'81 which is tons better than the released one - sorry Reginald)

3. Mark Kemins produced version (UNRELEASED SO FAR)

4. Jellybean produced version (SAME CASE AS 3).

THE DREAM!!!!

Night time's such a thrill when I spend it with you...

ORRRRRRR...MAYBE THIS IS A HYPE SINGLE FOR THE FIRST ALBUM REISSUE THE WAY INTO THE GROOVE WAS FOR FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE?!?!

Why do we think PDP is coming?

Because her digital singles get released on the global anniversary release dates. Papa don’t preach was released on 11 June 1986 so is next up.

Also awaiting a digital re-issue:
* Jun 16 - This Used To BeMy Playground
* Jun 23 - Who’s That Girl
* Aug 1 - Cherish
* Aug 25 - Causing A Commotion
* Jul 27 - Dress You Up
* Sept 7 - Holiday
* Sep 17 - True Blue
* Oct 22 - Die Another Day
* Oct 31 - Like A Virgin
* Nov 12 - Open Your Heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Honey Little said:

It would be amazing if it got its own release though. Notice the album title.

That would suck to be honest. :lol: Ain't No Big Deal belongs on Papa Don't Preach. Releasing a digital single for a single that never existed is as messy as merging singles that don't belong together.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Because her digital singles get released on the global anniversary release dates. Papa don’t preach was released on 11 June 1986 so is next up.

* Aug 1 - Cherish
* Jul 27 - Dress You Up
* Sept 7 - Holiday
* Sep 17 - True Blue
* Oct 31 - Like A Virgin

That's not why I asked. I made that anniversary chronology list. So yeah, I'm aware that it's technically up next. I was just wondering if there was any clue besides that, that was hinting at a PDP release since we also didn't get Live To Tell.

That's not why I asked. I made that anniversary chronology list. So yeah, I'm aware that it's technically up next. I was just wondering if there was any clue besides that, that was hinting at a PDP release since we also didn't get Live To Tell.

Nah. I made that list. It exists in my notes on my phone. I accept that you have your own list of the same dates though. Anyway just trying to be helpful but thanks for clarifying your original question.

5 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Nah. I made that list. It exists in my notes on my phone. I accept that you have your own list of the same dates though. Anyway just trying to be helpful but thanks for clarifying your original question.

I was talking about this:

I wasn't talking about the list from your post obviously. It seems you didn't quite understand my question but that's fine.

19 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

But first can someone ask Emily to put the right version of Physical Attraction on You Can Dance? Someone ask Rhino in Twitter thanks

Yes but if they do please move the YCD one to the first album. The one that’s currently on the first album sounds like it was ripped from a cassette.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

F**k the singles.

What they need to do ASAP is the remastered/upscaled videos.

The fact she's been everywhere in the news, social media and papers this week but then you go to YouTube and you find "La Isla", "Like A Prayer", "Vogue" and many other iconic videos on SD quality is... tragic.

Emily, tour is over, back to it!

Considering how insanely high La Isla’s views are you’d think that would be first on their list!

Maybe (hopefully) Prayer will get an upscale in time for that movie’s release.

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

* Aug 1 - Cherish
* Jul 27 - Dress You Up
* Sept 7 - Holiday
* Sep 17 - True Blue
* Oct 31 - Like A Virgin

Makes sense. It probably won't happen with all the songs on this list, but I can see Papa Don't Preach happening.  It'd be nice if they added Ain't No Big Deal, unless it's a hint to it being for a bigger release relating to the anniversary of MADONNA/LAV.  :luv:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

"Ain't No Big Deal" could also be part of and a pre-release single for a "Madonna 40 41" reissue. Obviously not with the number now.

Or it could be nothing xd

Most probably it will be a "True Blue" single, yeah.

...i just said that! Why would it be on its own standalone single? Unless they can change album/single titles later

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

...i just said that! Why would it be on its own standalone single? Unless they can change album/single titles later

Pre-release album songs are usually released as standalone singles on some platforms (Spotify the main one), while in others like Apple Music (still attached to the old iTunes system) the album is put up for pre-order (iTunes) or pre-add to the library (Apple Music) and the song is downloaded and then the full album on album release date.

To sum up: "Ain't No Big Deal" would be released a solo single on Spotify and others, while being part of the album on Apple Music and others.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Pre-release album songs are usually released as standalone singles on some platforms (Spotify the main one), while in others like Apple Music (still attached to the old iTunes system) the album is put up for pre-order (iTunes) or pre-add to the library (Apple Music) and the song is downloaded and then the full album on album release date.

To sum up: "Ain't No Big Deal" would be released a solo single on Spotify and others, while being part of the album on Apple Music and others.

Correct. It’s being released as a stand alone single. 😎👏👍

7 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Correct. It’s being released as a stand alone single. 😎👏👍

Well, that's IF actually the "Madonna" reissue happens AND "Ain't No Big Deal" is included AND it's the first song used for pre-promo.

Too many "ifs". xddd

Honestly I can't see it released just as a "True Blue" digital single b-side and that's it.

@Honey Little and @Prayer :

if Madonna has changed her mind to the point she could release Ain't No Big Deal as a lead single to some reissue from this multiyear deal to Warner - man, I could even expect her to allow things like Angels with Dirty Faces and Pipeline to finally see the (actual) daylight - even WS! (song's so famous among us fans already girl deserves to get the acronym treatment!)

29 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

if Madonna has changed her mind to the point she could release Ain't No Big Deal as a lead single to some reissue from this multiyear deal to Warner - man, I could even expect her to allow things like Angels with Dirty Faces and Pipeline to finally see the (actual) daylight - even WS! (song's so famous among us fans already girl deserves to get the acronym treatment!)

We're purely speculating honestly. But it wouldn't be that weird, it has a story to it ("the song that was going to be the first single but wasn't in the end"), it's cute and catchy and it's something hardcore fans know and probably want on streaming anyway.

And it's actually the song that got her signed, so they could build a little cute marketing for it.

Also, it's not like she disliked it back then, her and the label were just not happy with Mark Kamins' production and then by the time Reggie Lucas did it Bray had already sold it to another band. But I don't think she hated it.

34 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

And warning signs!

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW