Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW

New_Boy

30 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The Oh Father artwork is truly hideous. That washed out picture Absymal. Of all the amazing shots from that campaign I shake my head. The still from the video is awful too. Like there are so many iconic shots from that video.

This is your single cover Warner.

74179df75b5e8a22072db96c36dd8144.jpg

I PRAY FOR THE VIDEO EDIT OF INTO THE GROOVE. It is THE official and best version / edit. It's perfection. 

Yeah but why paying the photographer of that amazing picture (whoever he/she was) when you can use a screen capture from the video and fans will deal cause they always do with basically any single cover you throw at them?

Let's be honest: while her album covers are museum worthy almost all of them, her singles covers have always been... inconsistent to say the least. And let's not go into the million re-using of old pictures from other projects, or already paid magazine photoshoots pictures (Scam Mom, gotta love her), etc.

Special mention to the effing endless flower options for single covers! Gurl.

7 hours ago, Erotico said:

What I really can't see are singles such as Dear Jeassie (made at the time with all available lp versions) and for the same reason The Look Of Love. Unless they really want to spoil us for the pleasure of the cover art , they were also UK/European releases only.

At least Oh Father has an edit and was released worldwide....

Dear Jessie has a unique fade on the single release that cuts off the fade into Oh Father.

They might release Dear Jessie, Oh Father and The Look Of Love purely for completion purposes (same as Material Girl).

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

The Oh Father artwork is truly hideous. That washed out picture Absymal. Of all the amazing shots from that campaign I shake my head. The still from the video is awful too. Like there are so many iconic shots from that video.

This is your single cover Warner.

74179df75b5e8a22072db96c36dd8144.jpg

I PRAY FOR THE VIDEO EDIT OF INTO THE GROOVE. It is THE official and best version / edit. It's perfection. 

I believe the Oh Father video and the stills weren’t ready when the single cover was prepared. In fact, the lack of a proper vinyl release seems to confirm the theory that Oh Father wasn’t gonna be a single initially until David Fincher convinced her to release it instead of her original choice (likely Spanish Eyes or Till Death Do Us Part).

I think if they release it, this should be the cover:

o6tCSlg.png

Into The Groove is likely over and done with. Same as Fever unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

We have three more official covers:

61DlnQ24zfL._SX522_.jpg

LTMxOTcuanBlZw.jpeg

japan-box-cd23-oh-father-2.jpg?w=795

I love all three covers, and I have all three in different formats (vinyl, cassette and CD). The blue one probably makes more sense since it reperents the video too.  Would make for a great streaming cover.  :luv:

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

There's even a silver variation of the 1995 UK single, used for a limited edition with postcards then:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Good news about "Cherish" being copyrighted. We need the original "Supernatural" available, the one on "Like A Prayer 30th" was fake remastered/boosted and it's not the best.

fk’ awesome 

3 hours ago, Adonna said:

I love all three covers, and I have all three in different formats (vinyl, cassette and CD). The blue one probably makes more sense since it reperents the video too.  Would make for a great streaming cover.  :luv:

The blue one was from an entirely different era. It’s like using the JML still cover from the 1991 re-issue for Crazy For You.

Of course you are gonna troll in here though and say it’s the best option after a bunch of people talked about how lazy it was! 😂😂😂 So predictable.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

It's weird how they didnt do at least a sleeve the 7". Would've at least made higher top 20 or top 10. Add at least an orchestral version or extended version too! Such a bare bones release its amazing it was top 20 period!

Let me message Rhino and send them the reconstruction of the OG cover, so they won’t have to ask Emily to come up with some bullshit. :luv:

In the end they will surely make the right decision and pic the worst one (the one that looks like the KIT cover). :luv:

2 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

I love the yellow/orange cover. :luv:It makes the most sense cause that was what was originally released in the US. :luv:But everything Madonna does is perfect.:luv: Can’t wait for the meltdowns. :luv:

:luv::luv::luv:

The wig in Frozen is AWFUL and looks like it came from party city USA! Now that'll cause some meltdowns!

4 minutes ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Let me message Rhino and send them the reconstruction of the OG cover, so they won’t have to ask Emily to come up with some bullshit. :luv:

In the end they will surely make the right decision and pic the worst one (the one that looks like the KIT cover). :luv:

E5vEV3JWEAASYTZ.jpg_large.jpg

1 hour ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

The blue one was from an entirely different era. It’s like using the JML still cover from the 1991 re-issue for Crazy For You.

Of course you are gonna troll in here though and say it’s the best option after a bunch of people talked about how lazy it was! 😂😂😂 So predictable.

So if we dare like something that the majority does or doesn't, we are a Troll or predictable? Geezzzz, please stop!

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

2 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Hate to say it but I agree the blue option is the best option. Yes, I prefer they use the original BUT you just know they won’t have a decent scan of it and it will look terrible. That clean version posted earlier I believe is a fan recreation.

At least the blue version, despite being from a different era features a still from the video. So it seems relevant. The KIT version sucks arsehole.

The thought of them creating something new entirely makes my skin crawl.

5 hours ago, Adonna said:

I love all three covers, and I have all three in different formats (vinyl, cassette and CD). The blue one probably makes more sense since it represents the video too.  Would make for a great streaming cover.  :luv:

Definitely! I wonder if they will go the route of the original single or the European 1995 issue.

What would be also great is if they fix up the audio glitch on Spanish Eyes when they upload the single; if they do the 1989 release.

53 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

Definitely! I wonder if they will go the route of the original single or the European 1995 issue.

What would be also great is if they fix up the audio glitch on Spanish Eyes when they upload the single; if they do the 1989 release.

My guess it will be the European release. It makes sense since it is closest to the visuals for the official video?  I remember buying that one on CD when it came out around Something To Remember was released. I have the beige one with her sitting with longer brown hair on cassette and have the Vinyl one where she's got the shorter cut. 

I'm sure you knew on the original album release it was called "Spanish Eyes" and then renamed to "Pray For Spanish Eyes" on the single.  I remember when "Oh Father" was released being confused at the change of title on the single B-side where it was called "Pray for Spanish Eyes".  I was hoping it was a new song, but had a hunch it was "Spanish Eyes" listed on the album. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Cherish- OUT NOW