Mirwais Q&A on Instagram

On 7/20/2024 at 2:02 PM, luluthecat said:

Wasnt Mother & Father originally acoustic, then Warners requested a more pop version. I can’t remember where I remember reading that 🤔 

I cant imagine Warners telling Madonna to sing about the death of her mother in a popier way... :smile:

19 hours ago, stefo said:

Interesting details about the Madame X session ( @Shoful :cute:and a confirmation me and that man have no similar tastes :lol:

Omg no Madame X outtakes. Im not surprised tho. His sons were the best on the album and it seemed like they would’ve put them all in if Funana made it 

7 hours ago, WopaelWopael said:

I cant imagine Warners telling Madonna to sing about the death of her mother in a popier way... :smile:

I dont think it was ever implied that specific song. I just remember it was a bit chaotic with the video (apparently there were dead babies but mightve just been the stock footage), then apparently they were livid over the photoshoot and cost (not sure why?) and then the album as a whole was too acoustic. Easy Ride was also apparently all acoustic with Monte. My assumption was they told her to liven up the album and she passively aggressive did it to Mother + Father.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I dont think it was ever implied that specific song. I just remember it was a bit chaotic with the video (apparently there were dead babies but mightve just been the stock footage), then apparently they were livid over the photoshoot and cost (not sure why?) and then the album as a whole was too acoustic. Easy Ride was also apparently all acoustic with Monte. My assumption was they told her to liven up the album and she passively aggressive did it to Mother + Father.

That was just a rumour, never confirmed. And the runour was that the album was too electronic and messy. And in the end she did Nobody Knows Me and all the other weird shit on it 🤣

So in the end it was fake news. Of course Easy Ride like most the songs stated acoustic. 

12 hours ago, luluthecat said:

He’s right about Paul Oakenfold’s It’s So Cool - horrendous. But I can’t say I’m a fan of his 2010 mix either. The original 2003 mix is perfect with the kids choir, should’ve been a bonus track of limited edition of AL. 

He said that‘a the version he wished was included on the album (I guess American Life). 

I still to this day loathe AL album and I squarely blame Mirwais for that with his cheap beep sounds and cut and paste editing - I wish Stuart had done more on it and I’ve never understood why fans defend it so much - even the artwork was horrendous and videos second rate 🥹 only good thing was the RIT ♥️

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

That was just a rumour, never confirmed. And the runour was that the album was too electronic and messy. And in the end she did Nobody Knows Me and all the other weird shit on it 🤣

So in the end it was fake news. Of course Easy Ride like most the songs stated acoustic. 

But nobody knows me its just impressive instant lite. Actually the whole album is Music-lite just minus fun. 

6 hours ago, Shoful said:

Omg no Madame X outtakes. Im not surprised tho. His sons were the best on the album and it seemed like they would’ve put them all in if Funana made it 

There could still be outtakes, she made an early short session from wich she took back just a bunch of tracks at the end, like Crave and I think Crazy wich were at that point produced and released. I remeber something like this but I can be wrong.

14 minutes ago, stefo said:

There could still be outtakes, she made an early short session from wich she took back just a bunch of tracks at the end, like Crave and I think Crazy wich were at that point produced and released. I remeber something like this but I can be wrong.

Yea I honestly dont care for the non mirwais songs as much. Unless they’re like Future

14 hours ago, stefo said:

No outtakes produced with Mirwais. 

8 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

No outtakes produced with Mirwais. 

What I meant is actually this ...

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

Don't take that as a hard NO for the entire Madame X sessions. There may not be extra Mirwais tracks, but she worked with other producers. And we know Medellin sounded different before Maluma came on board. So there's lots of demo and alt takes laying around.

On 7/16/2024 at 2:25 AM, stefo said:

Wow ... I'm so curious about the unreleased tracks (we know there is one called React and now Can't you see my mind and the electro version of Xtatic Process).

Said that, I'm not a huge fan specifically of their writing together when it comes to acoustic stuff, they're good in making noicey and dancey stuff: I agree about Die another day being among the best M productions, but I think their electrofolk songs are melodically too basic and, even when good like Love Profusion or I deserve it, it has a strong influence on the result.

I think their best collab in terms of creativity is the Music album (Music, Impressive instant, Nobody's perfect - when vocoder seems saying something nd not just put there without a reason, Paradise, Don't tell me), their work on Madame X had points of exellence (BATUKA - such a gem and, yes, it's all about how the sounds reinforce the soul and the spirit of the whole message, Extreme Occident, Killers, I don't search I find, Ciao Bella)  and very low and messy failures in terms of experimentation (God control and, the most guilty one :lol:, Dark ballet, wich would have been such a good track herself). 

I'd have to agree a little here. I love his work on Music and American Life but less so on Madame X.

In the same way I love Orbit's work on Ray Of Light and Music, but not as much on MDNA. 

It's not that they're bad, just better.

On 8/7/2024 at 7:52 AM, BoyToyMark said:

I'd have to agree a little here. I love his work on Music and American Life but less so on Madame X.

In the same way I love Orbit's work on Ray Of Light and Music, but not as much on MDNA. 

It's not that they're bad, just better.

I loved him on the 2000 but disliked a lot their work in Madame x.