Madonna photographed by Richard Corman (1983)

Régine Filange

5 hours ago, ITG said:

There are printed interviews where he said he met Madonna in the summer of '82 and shot photo's then.

But in his books, it says '83 with the date 17th June.

Pretty sure the 1983 date is most accurate. His mother Cis Corman referred him to M after M auditioned for Martin Scorsese's first attempt at putting together The Last Temptation of Christ, which was in early 1983. 

However I am certain some of the shots were done at other times. More so the ones in the studio, but I could be wrong

8 hours ago, me1981 said:

Pretty sure the 1983 date is most accurate. His mother Cis Corman referred him to M after M auditioned for Martin Scorsese's first attempt at putting together The Last Temptation of Christ, which was in early 1983. 

However I am certain some of the shots were done at other times. More so the ones in the studio, but I could be wrong

Yes. Some of the photos were done on June 17th 1983. But he also claimed the shoot was done over several days but we have no information on which sets were done when exactly.

@Rebel I'm not sure any of these were 1982. Based on Cis Corman's assertion that she was the one who introduced or referred Madonna to her son in the first place. This was as a result of the audition Madonna did in early 1983, probably around Mar/Apr 83, which was roughly when the auditions for The Last Temptation of Christ were being held. 

Richard had just finished studying with Dick Avedon, the legendary fashion photographer and needed to put together a portfolio, and while Cis didn't think Madonna was right for the movie (which didn't end being made until 1987/88) she did think she would be good for her son's project.

I did some more research and there doesn't seem to have been any auditions for the movie prior to 1983. So at best the earliest shots were most likely spring 83 then maybe Jun 17 and I think the ones in the studio were probably Sep 83. As M wore the braids in her hair around that time.

I don't know about the bracelet but her hair was still pretty short when she was in London in mid to late Feb 1983. If this shot was around spring 83 than her hair wouldn't be that much longer. Here she is in Feb 83 and this looks pretty similar.

In saying that the period between 82 - 83 is confusing in terms of chronology. 

83.02.21 - Joe Bangay#11.jpg

83.02.24 - Camden Palace#3.jpg