The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

I think it's not mimed. 2nd verse sounds live to me. Could be wrong. I think she just sounds good..  

Sounds autotuned more than usual, maybe just like Into The Groove.

But I'm pretty sure it's not mimed, just heavy autotune.

23 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Innnnnnteresting....so the Rio show likely gets some changes. I wonder why they're promoting it as The Celebration Tour in Rio in general, given there will be an alternate professional recording with the Mexico City footage.

Yeah that’s what we have been wondering 🤔 

1 hour ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Innnnnnteresting....so the Rio show likely gets some changes. I wonder why they're promoting it as The Celebration Tour in Rio in general, given there will be an alternate professional recording with the Mexico City footage.

his post doesn't imply there will be any major changes, he just considers Rio an additional stop, separate from the originally planned tour

10 hours ago, MattyMads said:

ROL sounded mimed on the 24th which is fine 

Yes a few songs in Mexico seemed to be lipped to pre-recorded vocals as far as I can tell, probably to be able to show more energy on the video release. This happened for the Sticky and Sweet Tour as well. A possibility is that it will help her protect her voice for the Rio broadcast coming next week.

I didn't analyse all the mexico shows yet, but from all the snippets I saw, it seems that Eveybody was fully lipped, as was Into the Groove and Ray of Light. The breath control gives it away. Mother and Father was also partly lipped from what I could tell, it is pretty noticeable during the last section of the song.

I really don't mind it though, she sang the show almost fully live during the entirety of the tour, and this will make she show look slightly more energic on the DVD, which i prefer than redubbed vocals on post-production. These new vocals also sound really good.

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes a few songs in Mexico seemed to be lipped to pre-recorded vocals as far as I can tell, probably to be able to show more energy on the video release. This happened for the Sticky and Sweet Tour as well. A possibility is that it will help her protect her voice for the Rio broadcast coming next week.

I didn't analyse all the mexico shows yet, but from all the snippets I saw, it seems that Eveybody was fully lipped, as was Into the Groove and Ray of Light. The breath control gives it away. Mother and Father was also partly lipped from what I could tell, it is pretty noticeable during the last section of the song.

I really don't mind it though, she sang the show almost fully live during the entirety of the tour, and this will make she show look slightly more energic on the DVD, which i prefer than redubbed vocals on post-production. These new vocals also sound really good.

I do not agree at all. Except for Everybody...

What mexico date are you talking about? All of them or?... 

I saw them all and didn’t notice..

39 minutes ago, Curtains said:

She was lipping to pre-recorded vocals in Miami at times too. Like a Prayer night 3 used the album vocals, which was jarring haha. 

16 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

She was lipping to pre-recorded vocals in Miami at times too. Like a Prayer night 3 used the album vocals, which was jarring haha. 

There might have been a sound mixing issue on this night. At the very beginning the album vocals are super loud to the point we can't hear her (maybe her mic wasn't working and playback played). However, we can hear her real live voice as the song goes on, starting from the middle of the intro. Indeed when it starts it is weird to see the performance with the album vocals like that.

On 4/25/2024 at 3:44 PM, eXtremeOccident said:

Agreed. I think there are higher highs on other tours for sure, but this is the best Madonna show overall of any of her's I've seen, Confessions-onwards (though I missed S&S). I do think there are faults for sure (it's egregious that she left out Music and Like a Virgin lol...and *that* ending), but she should be damn proud of this show.

I will say that I think it's her best entrance of all her tours. It's such a different approach to opening her shows, and having her just appear out of nowhere almost instantly after Bob is so epic. 

It has so many 'easter eggs'!

Agreed. I think there are higher highs on other tours for sure, but this is the best Madonna show overall of any of her's I've seen, Confessions-onwards (though I missed S&S). I do think there are faults for sure (it's egregious that she left out Music and Like a Virgin lol...and *that* ending), but she should be damn proud of this show.

I will say that I think it's her best entrance of all her tours. It's such a different approach to opening her shows, and having her just appear out of nowhere almost instantly after Bob is so epic. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic