Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

Time to update her all time Top 50 after Christmas.

- All Time Top 50 updated (Official, not merged):

01. Popular (The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna): 446M -> Jesus, at this rate it will get to 500M in five-six weeks

02. Material Girl ("Celebration" Version): 400M

02. Hung Up: 381M

04. La Isla Bonita: 337M

05. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 310M

06. 4 Minutes ("Celebration" Version): 279M

07. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 258M

08. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 211M

09. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 155M

10. Papa Don't Preach: 120M

11. Crazy For You: 119M

12. Into The Groove: 114M

13. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 99M

14. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 97M

15. Bitch I'm Madonna: 95M

16. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 77M

17. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 77M

18. Music: 75M

19. Medellín: 70M

20. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 61M

21. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 58M

22. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 58M

23. Take A Bow: 54M

24. American Pie: 53M

25. Live To Tell: 52M

26. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 51M

27. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 49M

28. Girl Gone Wild: 49M

29. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 49M

30. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 48M

31. True Blue: 47M

32. The Power Of Good-Bye: 45M

33. Give It 2 Me: 45M

34. Faz Gostoso: 45M

35. Jump: 40M

36. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 40M

37. Die Another Day: 40M

38. Borderline ("Celebration" Version): 37M

39. Ghosttown: 37M

40. Celebration ("Celebration" Album Version): 36M

41. Give Me All Your Luvin': 36M

42. Living For Love: 35M

43. Frozen ("Celebration" Extended Version): 34M

44. Who's That Girl: 33M

45. Open Your Heart ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 30M

46. Don't Tell Me (Album Version): 30M

47. Lucky Star ("Madonna" Album Version): 29M

48. Beautiful Stranger ("Celebration"/OST Album Version): 25M

49. Get Together: 25M

50. Vogue ("I'm Breathless" Album Edit): 24M

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

@Prayer yes, and the more people who are curious to see who's the woman who doesn't let take her soul without a fucking fight, THE BETTER!!!

THIS YEAR PROMISES TO BE GRANDIOUS (YES, I KEEP BEING A SCREAMER HEHE!!!)

Every time I read your screaming I remember what the judge said to Mattel and Universal Music in the late 90s when they were fighting hard in court over the use of the Barbie brand on Aqua's "Barbie Girl" song:

"Both parties are advised to chill"

:Madonna009:

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Every time I read your screaming I remember what the judge said to Mattel and Universal Music in the late 90s when they were fighting hard in court over the use of the Barbie brand on Aqua's "Barbie Girl" song:

"Both parties are advised to chill"

:Madonna009:

I'm not the same, I have no shame, I'M ON FIRE!!!

Blame it on M herself...

And, yes, ITS PRESENCE ON THE CELEBRATION TOUR'S MORE THAN DESERVED!!!

I JUST CAN'T QUENCH MY DESIRE!!!!

Not releasing "Masterpiece" as a soundtrack single for the "W.E." movie in September/October 2011 was a huge mistake. It would have helped the movie and her own album, since it was well received among fans and press (not to mention they also bought the Golden Globe for it, so more promo). Instead, it was a ghost single...

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not releasing "Masterpiece" as a soundtrack single for the "W.E." movie in September/October 2011 was a huge mistake. It would have helped the movie and her own album, since it was well received among fans and press (not to mention they also bought the Golden Globe for it, so more promo). Instead, it was a ghost single...

Even this could be used as MV (given MDNA was still being, hum, promoted during MDNAT):

(Nothing that an audio correction wouldn't have solved btw. Even her coughing could be fixed.)

I believe the very bad reaction to how L'Olympia gig ended killed any chance to keep capitalizing on then current album - even the only one MV to promote MDNA World Tour - the live audio - was a classic, not a MDNA song - I mean, fucking Vogue which was already treated with a MV to Sticky & Sweet Tour only 3 years before - S&ST live audio released in 2010, MDNA World Tour in 2013.

EDIT: and, no, I don't think a single given for free alongside with a Sunday edition of a local newspaper to only one remix alongside to fucking album version would be considered as "capitalizing on then current album." Sorry @Honey Little I know you're a stan to the free single in question but...

4 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Even this could be used as MV (given MDNA was still being, hum, promoted during MDNAT):

(Nothing that an audio correction wouldn't have solved btw. Even her coughing could be fixed.)

I believe the very bad reaction to how L'Olympia gig ended killed any chance to keep capitalizing on then current album - even the only one MV to promote MDNA World Tour - the live audio - was a classic, not a MDNA song - I mean, fucking Vogue which was already treated with a MV to Sticky & Sweet Tour only 3 years before - S&ST live audio released in 2010, MDNA World Tour in 2013.

The album was dead after the 2nd week cause "Girl Gone Wild" flopped without any label support ("GMAYL" had the US radio deal) and "Turn Up The Radio" didn't even get a physical release (CD singles were still common those days in Europe at least).

She was busy with the tour - and what a tour, to be honest.

Just now, Prayer said:

The album was dead after the 2nd week cause "Girl Gone Wild" flopped without any label support ("GMAYL" had the US radio deal) and "Turn Up The Radio" didn't even get a physical release (CD singles were still common those days in Europe at least).

She was busy with the tour - and what a tour, to be honest.

I know but given the success of Masterpiece in places like Russia, Interscope would love to give it an actual single treatment as GMAYL, GGW and TUTR. Question is that after the snowball-like mess MDNAT was being, MDNA album was just buried to the point they released Superstar the way they did, only as "a cute way to end the era" after the tour.

Naturally that Interscope and Madonna's relationship was mined since day 1. Esp because M had the nerve to mine completely their golden egg hen (you know who I mean).

6 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I know but given the success of Masterpiece in places like Russia, Interscope would love to give it an actual single treatment as GMAYL, GGW and TUTR. Question is that after the snowball-like mess MDNAT was being, MDNA album was just buried to the point they released Superstar the way they did, only as "a cute way to end the era" after the tour.

Naturally that Interscope and Madonna's relationship was mined since day 1. Esp because M had the nerve to mine completely their golden egg hen (you know who I mean).

The only thing Interscope loved giving Madonna through the 10s was: indifference. Oh and zero budget in promo. :Madonna009:

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The only thing Interscope loved giving Madonna through the 10s was: indifference. Oh and zero budget in promo. :Madonna009:

And there was the aggravating of M mining completely their golden egg hen to the point that hen wasn't even sure if she should keep living or not, let alone keep giving them the golden eggs. THIS SEALED M'S DESTINY TO INTERSCOPE. THANK THE LIGHT SHE JUST CAME BACK TO WARNER. LIVE NATION AND THEIR 360 DEAL CAN KISS MY HOLE NOW.

18 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I was under the impression that Interscope was merely the distributor and the promotion was up to Madonna and her team.  This is why we saw very little promotion with Interscope.  If you recall, when Madonna left Warner and made the Live Nation 360 deal, the idea was that Live Nation was going to distribute and promote music as well. It just never happened.  Therefore, left Madonna scrambling for someone to distribute her album. So I really don't blame Interscope for lack of promo because I don't believe it was part of the deal.  You'd think at the stage of her career, she could have easily just distributed the album herself through her own company. 

12 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I was under the impression that Interscope was merely the distributor and the promotion was up to Madonna and her team.  This is why we saw very little promotion with Interscope.  If you recall, when Madonna left Warner and made the Live Nation 360 deal, the idea was that Live Nation was going to distribute and promote music as well. It just never happened.  Therefore, left Madonna scrambling for someone to distribute her album. So I really don't blame Interscope for lack of promo because I don't believe it was part of the deal.  You'd think at the stage of her career, she could have easily just distributed the album herself through her own company. 

Correct ☑️ 

8 hours ago, McDonna said:

I didn't mean the promo with herself involved (TV interviews, performances, etc.), we know that one was up to her - but the other kind of promo that only the record company can do: radio deals, play listing, sync deals, etc. etc. In the end, making sure the song is everywhere they can get it to be.

Of course, that didn't happen. But as you said, maybe it was part of the deal, pure and mere distribution.

9 hours ago, McDonna said:

You'd think at the stage of her career, she could have easily just distributed the album herself through her own company. 

The big question here is the fact M still didn't get recovered Maverick at MDNA time and she was adamant she needed to take it back - so she did an era after. Ofc by then it was "Maverick Management," but she had already Boy Toy Inc. - meant that she had "her own company" right back at MDNA time.

During Madame X time - when M was about to finish such plagued 360 deal plus she got in very good terms to the aforementioned hen (as much as she could do - remember that was AFTER the famous Oscar afterparty photo she took to the hen while the latter held the award the former has always wanted for herself) - Interscope "did a favour" and sent Crave to AC radios - maybe as a guilt reflex after letting such opportunity pass like a breeze to Ghosttown - and that's why Crave charted on Billboard's AC radio chart, even getting a good position - I mean, it was Top 15 or something like that. Interscope even provided a solo-Madonna edit of Crave (with no Swae Lee) for those who have a thing to rappers being inserted to ballads - so far I never saw such version being available. Ofc even with Crave being such a cute song and encapsulating the whole meaning of saudade and Portuguese culture - to the point song started to a guitarra portuguesa strings - it wasn't anything compared to Ghosttown or even better ballads to Rebel Heart such as Wash All Over Me. But Interscope DID PROMOTE Crave - and put M back to some Billboard airplay chart, aside from the Dance Club one.

Perhaps what Interscope did to Crave was an attempt to solve a double guilt complex not after Ghosttown, but after also Masterpiece - an awarded song after all.

19 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

The big question here is the fact M still didn't get recovered Maverick at MDNA time and she was adamant she needed to take it back - so she did an era after. Ofc by then it was "Maverick Management," but she had already Boy Toy Inc. - meant that she had "her own company" right back at MDNA time.

During Madame X time - when M was about to finish such plagued 360 deal plus she got in very good terms to the aforementioned hen (as much as she could do - remember that was AFTER the famous Oscar afterparty photo she took to the hen while the latter held the award the former has always wanted for herself) - Interscope "did a favour" and sent Crave to AC radios - maybe as a guilt reflex after letting such opportunity pass like a breeze to Ghosttown - and that's why Crave charted on Billboard's AC radio chart, even getting a good position - I mean, it was Top 15 or something like that. Interscope even provided a solo-Madonna edit of Crave (with no Swae Lee) for those who have a thing to rappers being inserted to ballads - so far I never saw such version being available. Ofc even with Crave being such a cute song and encapsulating the whole meaning of saudade and Portuguese culture - to the point song started to a guitarra portuguesa strings - it wasn't anything compared to Ghosttown or even better ballads to Rebel Heart such as Wash All Over Me. But Interscope DID PROMOTE Crave - and put M back to some Billboard airplay chart, aside from the Dance Club one.

Perhaps what Interscope did to Crave was an attempt to solve a double guilt complex not after Ghosttown, but after also Masterpiece - an awarded song after all.

You're right, I'm always quick to say Interscope did nothing for her but I remember checking back her radio airplay positions for those years and almost every single charted on Adult and other formats in the US. Nothing outstanding but they were there.

"Crave" would have been quite big with a younger artist and proper full promo. It sounded completely contemporary in 2019, something Halsey could have released for instance.