The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

26 minutes ago, McDonna said:

"So many of her tours"?  "Opening night?" I have looked back.  If I'm correct, only DWT and MX tours had issues starting their first scheduled date/opening night. My "optimism" is considering Two tours out of 11 didn't start as planned.  And now we have, Celebration but we can't hardly hold that against her, can we?  But the concern was starting Oct. 14th, and like mentioned, I have faith it will most likely start on time. Nothing is certain of course. I recognize people's concerns.  Especially since MXT had many cancellations.  Though again, I'm looking at the whole picture with 11 tours, and 9 of them started as scheduled.  Therefore, it's a bit incorrect to claim "so many of her tours have had delays, postponements and cancellations for opening night/s." when it's just not true. 

But again, I do understand people's concerns.  But more than not, she's started on time and has had a pretty good record throughout her 40 years when it comes to touring.

You aren’t correct. Rebel Heart was also delayed by several weeks. A close of friend of mine had flights and hotels booked for opening night in Miami and got screwed. Fans should proceed with caution imo. Being overly optimistic will not benefit anyone, people should make informed decisions especially when travel is involved.

We’re also talking about someone who has been seriously ill. I know it’s good to expect the best but if people are travelling they should have back up shows/options incase there are cancellations or postponements again. Also don’t book anything far in advance that is not refundable or transferable.

That is my advice to everyone and I’m saying that with love (and a little ray of light.)

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You aren’t correct. Rebel Heart was also delayed by several weeks. A close of friend of mine had flights and hotels booked in Miami and got screwed. Fans should proceed with caution imo. Being overly optimistic will not benefit anyone to make informed decisions.

You're right! Rebel Hear slipped my mind, but it still doesn't change anything I was pointing out.  We are talking about three tours out of 11.  Over all, she's had a pretty good record.  But I've not ignored the fact why people are concerned. Still, there is nothing wrong with staying optimistic, especially after what Madonna's gone through these past months.  

Anyway, I'm not worried about the London start date for this tour, based on the original concern which was getting it set up in time.  That was the point of my reply.  These venues are very used to taking down the stages of the previous act, and setting up stages for the next within 24 hours time.   :)

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You aren’t correct. Rebel Heart was also delayed by several weeks. A close of friend of mine had flights and hotels booked for opening night in Miami and got screwed. Fans should proceed with caution imo. Being overly optimistic will not benefit anyone, people should make informed decisions especially when travel is involved.

We’re also talking about someone who has been seriously ill. I know it’s good to expect the best but if people are travelling they should have back to shows/options incase there are cancellations or postponements again. Also don’t book anything far in advance that is not refundable or transferable.

Speaking of Rebel Heart...Number 9 of her Greatest Tours...tsk tsk. I love Matador Madonna 

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

You're right! That slipped my mind, but still we're talking about three tours out of 11.  Over all, she's had a pretty good record.  But I've not ignored the fact why people are concerned now, but there is nothing wrong with staying optimistic, especially after what Madonna's gone through these past months.  

Anyway, I'm not worried about the London start date for this tour, based on the original concern which was getting it set up in time.  That was the point of my reply.  These venues are very used to taking down the stages of the previous act, and setting up stages for the next within 24 hours time.   :)

You’re right. But the delays with other tours are “production delays” due to “stage elements.” Which means it was nothing to do with the venue but more to do with poor planning of the production team.

Hopefully we’ll be safe this time because they’ve had way more time than they originally scheduled for.

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You’re right. But the delays with other tours are “production delays” due to “stage elements.” Which means it was nothing to do with the venue but more to do with poor planning of the production team.

Hopefully we’ll be safe this time because they’ve had way more time than they originally scheduled for.

Two tours out of 11, were because of production delays. It's unfortunate for those who had plans.  But saying it's "poor planning" is more and likely an over exaggeration.  So yeah, things happen.  11 tours!  It's not an uncommon thing among artists to have "production delays" even among the biggest artists.  Again, my response was in regards of the concern one had about setting the stage up in time after the band that's playing the night before.  Venues are used to setting up new stages within 24 hours time.  So that shouldn't be an issue!   :)

13 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Two tours out of 11, were because of production delays. It's unfortunate for those who had plans.  But saying it's "poor planning" is more and likely an over exaggeration.  So yeah, things happen.  11 tours!  It's not an uncommon thing among artists to have "production delays" even among the biggest artists.  Again, my response was in regards of the concern one had about setting the stage up in time after the band that's playing the night before.  Venues are used to setting up new stages within 24 hours time.  So that shouldn't be an issue!

2 tours in a row had the same delay issue. It’s not that outlandish to consider the possibility it could happen again. What happened in the 80’s or 90’s has absolutely nothing to do with now, she has an entirely different team.

And to suggest other artists have the same issues really only reaffirms what I’ve said. Fans should proceed with caution when it comes to opening night. Especially since they have the option to move opening night to December. I would not book any travel or hotels for opening night.

20 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

2 tours in a row had the same delay issue. It’s not that outlandish to consider the possibility it could happen again. What happened in the 80’s or 90’s has absolutely nothing to do with now, she has an entirely different team.

Never said it wasn't something to be concerned about.  Only mentioned my personal feeling.  I mentioned in every reply with you, that I understand others' concerns.   So now we're at the point that I feel you're trying to make this personal.  Certainly, I'm happy to be wrong of that assumption.  Still, I am bowing out of our conversation because I certainly am not interested in providing entertainment and glee for the one who thanks you for every post you make.  That being said, I respectfully apprecatiate the civil discussion we've had, and know that we both agree others have concern.  Me personally?  I don't think Blink 182's show between the 11th and the 12th should be an issue for her stage to be set up in a timely manner for her to perform on the 14th. And that was why I replied in the first place! :)

If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to DM me!

24 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Never said it wasn't something to be concerned about.  Only mentioned my personal feeling.  I mentioned in every reply with you, that I understand others' concerns.   So now we're at the point that I feel you're trying to pick a fight.  Certainly, I'm happy to be wrong of that assumption.  Still, I am bowing out of our conversation because I certainly am not interested in providing entertainment and glee for the one who thanks you for every post you make.  That being said, I respectfully apprecatiate the civil discussion we've had, and know that we both agree others have concern.  Me personally?  I don't think Blink 182's show between the 11th and the 12th should be an issue for her stage to be set up in a timely manner for her to perform on the 14th. And that was why I replied in the first place! :)

If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to DM me!

I am aware of your drama with other members but it has nothing to do with me so please don’t try and bring me into it. I was only responding as part of the discussion and giving my thoughts about it. I don’t have any concerns but you are very welcome to DM me if you want to discuss your issue.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I am aware of your drama with other members but it has nothing to do with me so please don’t try and bring me into it. I was only responding as part of the discussion and giving my thoughts about it. I don’t have any concerns, you can DM me if you want to discuss your issue.

Again, I invite you to DM me.  I have no "drama" with other members.  That will be quickly cleared up with a DM. 

Edited Note: I tried to DM you, but it says you're not receiving messages.  I'm happy to clear up any misconceptions, but that's up to you.  Again, I invite you to DM me, because I'm sure we'll be able to clear up any misconceptions you have.   Looking forward to doing so if you choose to do so.  This will be my last reply to you here.  Hoping to resolve it personally. :)

9 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Again, I invite you to DM me.  I have no "drama" with other members.  That will be quickly cleared up with a DM. 

Edited Note: I tried to DM you, but it says you're not receiving messages.  I'm happy to clear up any misconceptions, but that's up to you.  Again, I invite you to DM me, because I'm sure we'll be able to clear up any misconceptions you have.   Looking forward to doing so if you choose to do so.  This will be my last reply to you here.  Hoping to resolve it personally. :)

It’s because I had you on ignore :laughing: Try again now.

3 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

It's true that opening nights in the 21st century tours tend to change, but the second try of opening night never changed, and loves... this is the second try... do we remember Vancouver right? Fly high angel.

Now seriously, she's keeping London octuber 14, that is because it's possible. If she's rehearsing in another UK arena week prior opening night and then they move the stage to the O2 what's the problem? Blink 182 were always gonna perform there before, opening night or not. She can do the dress rehearsalf by october 13 in the O2 perfectly. 

Great point.  Up until DWT, RHT and MXT, we hadn't had issues with opening night. While I understand why some have concern, but as you pointed out Celebration Tour already has had a postponement up to now the new opening date.  We can only hope she will be well enough to keep that date. At this point, it seems she's up to doing so.  :luv:

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

We’re also talking about someone who has been seriously ill. I know it’s good to expect the best but if people are travelling they should have back up shows/options incase there are cancellations or postponements again. Also don’t book anything far in advance that is not refundable or transferable.

That is my advice to everyone and I’m saying that with love (and a little ray of light.)

Also MDNA Tour was set to start on May 29th, 2012 but due to production delays that date was canceled and it started until May 31st, 2012.

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

You're right! Rebel Hear slipped my mind, but it still doesn't change anything I was pointing out.  We are talking about three tours out of 11.  Over all, she's had a pretty good record.  But I've not ignored the fact why people are concerned. Still, there is nothing wrong with staying optimistic, especially after what Madonna's gone through these past months.  

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, Mden said:

Thank you.

You're so welcome. I'm able to admit my mistake about which tours didn't open in time, but over all my point was about how Oct 14th shouldn't be effected by another band appearing two days before.  The venue is equipped to set up a new stage within 24 hours. This is a common process.  If we are going to worry about anything, it should be Madonna's health. Anything else, is technical nonsense.  More tha not, she's proven to be a great touring act. Some may point out that the  last couple of tours being troublesome, but we're in 2023!  Unfortunately, she got sick before this tour.  To continure to be doubtful based on previous tours starting times when we know she was nearlly on her death bed seems absurd.   At this point, I think any fan planning to attend her opening night has planty of time to plan ahead and have insurance on whatever accommodations they makr.  After all she's about to be 65.  She's proven to be a risk for numerous dates in the past.  If you are greatly concenred at this point she won't be  able to commit than maybe you should committ to any tour date.  After all, this is August, you still have two months before opening date. That's enough time to make accomodations for what you expect to happen. 

32 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I thought so. But I couldn’t find info about that.

Lets hope for everyone’s sake this goes off without a hitch.

For those fans that have tickets to opening night, I really hope more than ever that she opens on the scheduled opening night of the tour.

53 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I thought so. But I couldn’t find info about that.

Lets hope for everyone’s sake this goes off without a hitch.

The info from her official website 

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-mdna-tour-now-opens-in-tel-aviv-on-may-31

5 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Will she be letting fans in for sound checks? Did she do that for RHT?

No, she didn't and also she was pissed off when a fan recorded her rehearsing "Burning Up" for one of her 2 Paris show for that tour. 

Since the MDNA Tour she doesn't let fans see her rehearse and record her. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic