Need your help with a Celebration Tour Playlist for new Madonna fans!

Hi!

So, here's the deal. I've been a Madonna fan since 2004 and know everything about her career.

I'm going to both Lisbon dates. The first night with my older friends (basically millennials that grew up in the 90's and 00's and know every hit). Those are okay...but my younger friends (mostly older Gen Z people born in 1997 and 1998) are coming with me to see her live on night 2 and are really excited...but as usual with someone like Madonna, the catalog is too vast and it can be overwhelming to just listen to all of it, so i offered to make them a playlist with everything that i feel that could show up there. Wtf did i get myself into? lmao This shit is bloated as hell for newcomers i think. They basically know singles from last decade (GGW, Give Me All Your Luvin, etc) and obvious songs like 4 Minutes, Hung Up, La Isla, etc...

I have 53 songs now. Mostly choices that include most singles (just erased the ones i don't see getting performed), the songs she teased (Nothing Really Matters, Rescue Me, Bad Girl, The Power of Goodbye on her latest photoshoot, etc) and Ghosttown (cause it's the hit that got away from last decade and i won't remove it idgaf).

Why do i need your help? I've erased some singles...but need you to help me with: removing obvious songs she won't perform (maybe You'll See, I'll Remember, etc?) and making the playlist flow a bit better. I actually think i got it mostly right. I decided to start from last decade and backwards, ending with Everybody but sometimes that can change, if i feel certain songs flow better near others.

See for yourself:

What would you remove / add here? Don't forget she has been teasing songs like Bad Girl, Rescue Me, Physical Attraction, etc...so don't laugh if you see Get Together in there, one of the most requested songs online.

Great idea!

I don't think she'll perform any of theses ones in your playlist (but of course who knows):

- "Living For Love"

- "Ghosttown"

- "Miles Away"

- Evita tracks - I doubt it but leave "Don't Cry" just in case or if you want to showcase everything she's done; maybe the Miami Mix to not scare your friends too much? Haha

- "I'll Remember"

The rest, leave them. Maybe add "Drowned World/Substitute For Love"? It was one of her faves for years... but she hasn't played it live since 2006!

Also, I'd add "Frozen" Sickick and "Back That Up To The Beat"... even if they're not performed (or "Frozen" in that form), surely they could be interludes or anything. I can totally see her doing "Frozen" Sickick and then changing into the regular version, or the other way around.

Edit: Oh, and add "Candy Shop", OF COURSE. :Madonna009:

38 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

If they are paying the prices to see her and are casual or new fans, they should check one of the many 'singles 1982-2022' playlists on Spotify and watch her music videos on youtube etc if they don't and then go and don't know any songs, it's their own fault 

I mean…i was the one that offered them to help. But thanks for your valuable contribution here.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Great idea!

I don't think she'll perform any of theses ones in your playlist (but of course who knows):

- "Living For Love"

- "Ghosttown"

- "Miles Away"

- Evita tracks - I doubt it but leave "Don't Cry" just in case or if you want to showcase everything she's done; maybe the Miami Mix to not scare your friends too much? Haha

- "I'll Remember"

The rest, leave them. Maybe add "Drowned World/Substitute For Love"? It was one of her faves for years... but she hasn't played it live since 2006!

Also, I'd add "Frozen" Sickick and "Back That Up To The Beat"... even if they're not performed (or "Frozen" in that form), surely they could be interludes or anything. I can totally see her doing "Frozen" Sickick and then changing into the regular version, or the other way around.

Edit: Oh, and add "Candy Shop", OF COURSE. :Madonna009:

Oh I totally forgot both tiktok songs, lmao! 
thanks!

and yeah she’s never doing miles away for sure :dead:

Great idea @Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues I would personally leave everything that you took out of the list in, you never know what song could turn a casual into a fan… besides she has been played a lot in bars and clubs in the last decade in Brasil as in the rest of Latam no? That would help a lot to a younger generation to be familiar with the songs she might be playing, vs a tour dedicated to a particular album. Tell us how it goes. 

59 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Great idea @Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues I would personally leave everything that you took out of the list in, you never know what song could turn a casual into a fan… besides she has been played a lot in bars and clubs in the last decade in Brasil as in the rest of Latam no? That would help a lot to a younger generation to be familiar with the songs she might be playing, vs a tour dedicated to a particular album. Tell us how it goes. 

I added Gambler. I don't think it's a coincidence she requested the song herself to be released online honestly. She could give us a medley with Gambler / Burning Up or something like that...

I do not think she would perform the following:

• Girl Gone Wild 
  • Give Me All Your Luvin' 
  • Living for Love 
  • Ghosttown 
  • Miles Away
  • Get Together
  • Jump
  • Die Another Day 
  • Hollywood 
  • The Power of Good-Bye 
  • You Must Love Me
  • Don't Cry for Me Argentina 
  • You'll See
  • Secret
  • Deeper and Deeper
  • Bad Girl
  • Gambler 
  • Dress You Up
  • Physical Attraction 

On 4/15/2023 at 4:06 AM, RUADJAI said:

They got till November... they should just go through her entire career. 

I’m slowly guiding my bf through it bit my bit, out of order of course so I can cater to his tastes.

So far he’s listened to Ray of Light (the album). He enjoyed it and was surprised that the opening song was “like theatre.” He said Shanti was “weird and has not aged well” 😂 but overall enjoyed the album.

Then he randomly discovered Frozen from Madame X on YouTube and said he loved the performance art and the implication between mother/daughter .

Then I showed him Justify my Love from The Girlie Show.

Not sure where we’ll go next, I’m playing it by ear.

I feel Madonna needs to be visual experience though as well@Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues

I would consider hosting a Madonna video night where you play a selection of videos and live performances.

14 hours ago, thiagosb said:

• Girl Gone Wild 
  • Living for Love 
  • Ghosttown 
  • Miles Away
  • Get Together
  • Jump
  • Die Another Day 
  • Hollywood 
  • The Power of Good-Bye 
  • You Must Love Me
  • You'll See
  • Secret
  • Deeper and Deeper
  • Bad Girl
  • Gambler 
  • Dress You Up
  • Physical Attraction 

There is no way she is leaving MDNA unrepresented 

15 hours ago, thiagosb said:

• Girl Gone Wild 
  • Living for Love 
  • Ghosttown 
  • Miles Away
  • Get Together
  • Jump
  • Die Another Day 
  • Hollywood 
  • The Power of Good-Bye 
  • You Must Love Me
  • You'll See
  • Secret
  • Deeper and Deeper
  • Bad Girl
  • Gambler 
  • Dress You Up
  • Physical Attraction 

She had the sheet music for YMLM in front of her at rehearsals last week

On 4/17/2023 at 1:11 PM, thiagosb said:

• Girl Gone Wild 
  • Living for Love 
  • Ghosttown 
  • Miles Away
  • Get Together
  • Jump
  • Die Another Day 
  • Hollywood 
  • The Power of Good-Bye 
  • You Must Love Me
  • You'll See
  • Secret
  • Deeper and Deeper
  • Bad Girl
  • Gambler 
  • Dress You Up
  • Physical Attraction 

I don't think she's going to leave MDNA behind like that. I included Get Together cause it was the most requested song when she asked what songs people want to be performed. 

You Must Love Me was something she was looking at a while ago and teased in her instagram stories. Physical Attraction was on those papers she was teasing song titles a while ago as well. 

Bad Girl was there as well. 

The Power of Goodbye was teased in here, for this phtoshoot for the tour annoucement:

Gambler it was her own request to be released on streaming platforms out of the blue right before the tour annoucement as well. 

I know it's a long shot...but i feel some of these can show up.

I agree that You'll See and most ballads are almost never happening since this will be a dance party ahah

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

She can’t possibly do all of these songs . I would just be showing these newbies the absolute most iconic hits eg Celebration 1 disc version or 2 disc if they’re super interested.

Until the setlist is announced we can only guess the more obscure inclusions. All bets are off.

This isn't all songs i think she's doing. It's basically all possibilities. When you have over 70 singles, of course most will be out of the setlist.