MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

3 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

Yes, please do reissue Celebration! A lot of us missed it on vinyl in 2009 when it was released. 

If we can get MDNA on vinly now, not sure why not Celebration. It is easy cash grab for Warner with absolutely no effort. 

I would love a re-issue of Celebration, especially on Vinyl.  I have no problem if it is re-issued as is.  But it would be nice if they extended it, but I wouldn't expect that or any changes made to it.

3 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I can only imagne what a 4 discs set would cost now for Celebration. They should fix Celebration on cd though.

On vinyl it sounds 10 times better though, even the errors are not as in tour face as in the cd version. My main problem were and still are the pops on Music. 

There's too many errors on Celebration vinyl and many M fans spilled venom on it and vowed they would NEVER buy the product.

Could this be reason WB decided to permanently cancel the release?  :drama:

1 hour ago, LongIslandTea said:

There's too many errors on Celebration vinyl and many M fans spilled venom on it and vowed they would NEVER buy the product.

Re-edit it would be probably a pain in the ass not worth it, especially if they will release a new more updated compilation in the future. 

10 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

The errors are only on the US pressings. The EU version was fixed 

11 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

There was no market for it until a couple of years after it was deleted - it literally sat in stores for a couple of years (like Hard Candy) and was discounted at times etc 

48 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Was this ever confirmed? And was it “fixed” like the cd with still the pops on Music? 

I have the EU one and I remembered going throu each one listed and I could'nt find any.

I think apart from the clear issues with clicks and edits people complained about the sound quality and sourcing of some of the songs.

If you scroll down here a few posts there's a take on the errors :

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/09-28-09-madonna-celebration.189547/page-7

7 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I have the EU one and I remembered going throu each one listed and I could'nt find any.

I think apart from the clear issues with clicks and edits people complained about the sound quality and sourcing of some of the songs.

If you scroll down here a few posts there's a take on the errors :

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/09-28-09-madonna-celebration.189547/page-7

I remember that post from madonnanation, and it was based on the cd. 
I have the US one and aside from the “errors” is sounds amazing. If they “fixed” the European one does it mean there are two versions of that one? No info on Discogs about it. I actually believe both are the source from the same masters with errors. 

12 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Re-edit it would be probably a pain in the ass not worth it, especially if they will release a new more updated compilation in the future. 

How does this make any sense? 

It's like saying we did not need GHV2 and/or Celebration at all, or even The Immaculate Collection vinyl repress, because there will be another compilation sometimes in the future. 

I would understand it if any new compilation would have been announced, but nothing is promised or aiming to that. So we might get another greatest hits album from Madonna maybe in 10 years.. Why not repress GHV2 and Celebration on vinyl in the meantime? Mastering errors on Celebration are easy fix, so it is easy money for Warner. 

25 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

How does this make any sense? 

It's like saying we did not need GHV2 and/or Celebration at all, or even The Immaculate Collection vinyl repress, because there will be another compilation sometimes in the future. 

I would understand it if any new compilation would have been announced, but nothing is promised or aiming to that. So we might get another greatest hits album from Madonna maybe in 10 years.. Why not repress GHV2 and Celebration on vinyl in the meantime? Mastering errors on Celebration are easy fix, so it is easy money for Warner. 

Because the original celebration is a 4 lp compilation. It will cost more to produce and Celebration is not as iconic as The Immaculate Collection. That’s why we had lots of repress of that album and NONE of Celebration in the last 14 years. GHV2 was never issued on vinyl and I’m not even sure it was reissued with the new Warner logo on cd. Because it was NEVER released on vinyl it’s a more interesting release, since it’s a short compilation. 
Warner is probably (but that’s my guess) more interested in a new compilation somewhere down the line as a companion of Finally, that to this day it’s her most completed compilation that it’s still selling (and not because people are in love with remixes).

The Celebration errors might be an easy fix, but that doesn’t explain why they didn’t fix those before (and I mean ALL the errors). As far as I know the “fixed” cd stills have mastering errors. 

An interesting list of what Celebrations includes from Discogs:

Additional info about the tracklist, for your consideration.

Taken from 'The Immaculate Collection'
03. Vogue (QSound Mix)
07. Like A Virgin (QSound Mix)
13. Open Your Heart (QSound Mix)
14. Borderline (QSound Mix)
17. Justify My Love (QSound Mix)
25. Crazy For You (QSound Mix)
35. Cherish (QSound Mix - Mastering Error)

Taken from the original albums
01. Hung Up (Unmixed Album Version)
02. Music (Album Version)
05. Holiday (Album Version)
08. Into The Groove (Album Version)
09. Like A Prayer (Album Version)
19. Dress You Up (Album Version)
20. Material Girl (Album Version)
21. La Isla Bonita (Album Version)
22. Papa Don't Preach (Album Version)
24. Burning Up (Album Version)
26. Who's That Girl (Album Version)
29. Take A Bow (Album Version)
30. Live To Tell (Album Version)
31. Beautiful Stranger (Album Version)
32. Hollywood (Album Version)
33. Die Another Day (Album Version)

Radio Edits
04. 4 Minutes (Feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) [Radio Edit]
10. Ray Of Light (Radio Edit)
11. Sorry (Radio Version)
15. Secret (Edit)
16. Erotica (Edit - Mastering Error)
28. Miles Away (Radio Edit)
34. Don't Tell Me (Radio Edit)

Unique Edits
06. Everybody (2009 Mix)
12. Express Yourself (2009 Mix)
18. Revolver (Feat. Lil Wayne)
23. Lucky Star (QSound Alternative Mix)
27. Frozen (Long Album Version)
36. Celebration

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

As fas as I remember, both US and EU were the same master (the initial one with all the mistakes, "Erotica" and "Cherish", the only two fixed later on CD and digital, included), but US was 140g and EU 180g?

Yes, the European one was 180. But the USA one still sounds great! 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

I remember that post from madonnanation, and it was based on the cd. 
I have the US one and aside from the “errors” is sounds amazing. If they “fixed” the European one does it mean there are two versions of that one? No info on Discogs about it. I actually believe both are the source from the same masters with errors. 

We had this conversation before here:

and @thegoldencalf says that he has both and they are different.

And looks like Music and Dress You up both have errors

9 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

We had this conversation before here:

and @thegoldencalf says that he has both and they are different.

And looks like Music and Dress You up both have errors

At the end of the day a perfect Celebration doesn’t exist. I have less problems with the fake edits than with the glitches on Music, so both pressing are “bad” in that sense. I’m happy I have it of course.

My question is: since some errors were fixed when was the vinyl released in Europe? 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Because the original celebration is a 4 lp compilation. It will cost more to produce and Celebration is not as iconic as The Immaculate Collection. That’s why we had lots of repress of that album and NONE of Celebration in the last 14 years. GHV2 was never issued on vinyl and I’m not even sure it was reissued with the new Warner logo on cd. Because it was NEVER released on vinyl it’s a more interesting release, since it’s a short compilation. 
Warner is probably (but that’s my guess) more interested in a new compilation somewhere down the line as a companion of Finally, that to this day it’s her most completed compilation that it’s still selling (and not because people are in love with remixes).

The Celebration errors might be an easy fix, but that doesn’t explain why they didn’t fix those before (and I mean ALL the errors). As far as I know the “fixed” cd stills have mastering errors. 

Cost more to produce? Do you know how much does it actually cost to produce a single vinyl? It's nothing...

Moreover how does it matter if it is a one vinyl or 4 vinyls? They are not going to sell it for the same price. If 1 vinyl is selling dor 20€, the Celebration with 4 vinyls might cost 80€. Fans will still buy it anyway. For Warner, it doesn't really matter anyway if they are asking to press a single vinyl album or 4 vinyls. 

Your argument is illogical, just because Warner is going to release some other compilation maybe 10 years from now doesn't mean they should abandon all previous releases completely. 

Fans are collectors and they want to have their collection complete. If we can get Madame X Live on vinyl, I don't see a reason why not repress Celebration or even release GHV2 on vinyl. It is literally no effort for Warner and fans would be pleased with such release. No one is going to say "nah, I am not buying anything because I might get another greatest hits album in 2030,let's just wait:Madonna002:

38 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

At the end of the day a perfect Celebration doesn’t exist. I have less problems with the fake edits than with the glitches on Music, so both pressing are “bad” in that sense. I’m happy I have it of course.

My question is: since some errors were fixed when was the vinyl released in Europe? 

Yeah I was asking myself the same, because the CD in discogs shows as released in 29 sept but the vinyl in Europe is 18 September. I imagine there was a first edition with the errors and they quickly release a second one with the 'fixes'? Both were pressed in the same place in EU

3 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Cost more to produce? Do you know how much does it actually cost to produce a single vinyl? It's nothing...

Moreover how does it matter if it is a one vinyl or 4 vinyls? They are not going to sell it for the same price. If 1 vinyl is selling dor 20€, the Celebration with 4 vinyls might cost 80€. Fans will still buy it anyway. For Warner, it doesn't really matter anyway if they are asking to press a single vinyl album or 4 vinyls. 

Your argument is illogical, just because Warner is going to release some other compilation maybe 10 years from now doesn't mean they should abandon all previous releases completely. 

Fans are collectors and they want to have their collection complete. If we can get Madame X Live on vinyl, I don't see a reason why not repress Celebration or even release GHV2 on vinyl. It is literally no effort for Warner and fans would be pleased with such release. No one is going to say "nah, I am not buying anything because I might get another greatest hits album in 2030,let's just wait:Madonna002:

You talk about the fans like some rich endless wallets with unlimited money to spend on any thing they chose to release. And, apart from some lucky people, it doesn't work like that. Strategy and timing is important if they want their projects to be successful and people to actually buy them. "Finally Enough Love" basically works as a compilation and it was released a year ago and it's still charting. The triple expensive "Madame X Tour" vinyl release is coming in two weeks. And she's going on tour this year and tickets are expensive of course.

Yes, they can go crazy and re-release "Celebration", press "GHV2" for the first time, etc but eventually some people would have to decide which ones to pick and which ones to left.

It's all about timing.

5 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I think the argument about printing 1 vs 4 is that it's more costly to produce, the jackets have to be different and specific and have different assembly. You need a place that can do different packaging. Like those with the deluxe boxes.

As it happened with FEL box it can sell really quickly or not as it happens with the rainbow version. So you need to balance cost vs profits. It's harder to shift if it does'nt sell well.

You might say: But all the fans want it so bad, and while it's true-ish, It's more a scarcity value than real interest because as many mentioned it was sitting down in shelves for long time. I imagine they might want to do repress of HC or others like they do with MDNA.

Also everyone dragged this compilation for the errors and if they don;t fix them it will be a mess. Maybe they release a shorter version (like the CD) for the tour?

17 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Calm down babe. It’s not my fault you didn’t care for it when it was released 🤣

In the meantime, they re-released her studio albums multiple times on vinyl in the last 15 years and not a single Celebration 😂

4 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I think the argument about printing 1 vs 4 is that it's more costly to produce, the jackets have to be different and specific and have different assembly. You need a place that can do different packaging. Like those with the deluxe boxes.

As it happened with FEL box it can sell really quickly or not as it happens with the rainbow version. So you need to balance cost vs profits. It's harder to shift if it does'nt sell well.

You might say: But all the fans want it so bad, and while it's true-ish, It's more a scarcity value than real interest because as many mentioned it was sitting down in shelves for long time. I imagine they might want to do repress of HC or others like they do with MDNA.

Also everyone dragged this compilation for the errors and if they don;t fix them it will be a mess. Maybe they release a shorter version (like the CD) for the tour?

The rumour on Discogs is indeed about the single disc reissue (so a double vinyl).