The Celebration North American Leg Postponed ~ Begins October

Shoful

21 hours ago, Future Lover said:

I think those are going to go ahead as planned. 

What my best guess for the route now is:

October 14-December 6: Europe
December 13-January 20: North America Leg I
January 25-January 30: Mexico
Mid Feb-Early May: North America Leg II

I hope you're wrong about North America Leg bc I'm not risking buying a ticket in the middle of winter and end up driving downtown Detroit in a snowstorm. Damn, her original date was in August and on a Saturday too. That was perfect.

My fear is that she will end up canceling rescheduled dates from being worn out, tired and exhausted. It would be alot on a person who is 20, so imagine at 65.  She is not the type to just stand there and sing. She has her own dancing legacy to live up to, I am just guessing that she feels that way.

I am hoping and praying this is not the case 

3 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

My fear is that she will end up canceling rescheduled dates from being worn out, tired and exhausted. It would be alot on a person who is 20, so imagine at 65.  She uscnot the type to just stand there and sing. She has her own dancing legacy to live up to, I am just guessing that she feels that way.

I am hoping and praying this is not the case 

I understand your worry, and it's possible she may end up having a lot more health issues from this point on.  Up until MX, she's been pretty healthy on her tours.  But I then think of other older musicians who are still on stage.  Look at Mick Jagger. The man had heart surgery and then went up on stage and still danced his ass off.  I see Madonna doing the same.  It may not be to the degree as she used to, but we as fans need to realize, it's time to let her take a step back when performing.  There is no way I see her being the type of a singer "standing there and singing".  But we also have to acknowledge she is older and she will have limitations. We just need to learn to enjoy what she can give us in the present and not expect she will perform like she did in her early days. :)

All of this talk about her health is such bullshit ageism. Madonna is fucking fine! She just needs to rest. Her tour is going to kick ass and if she has to blow off paces like Tulsa , St Paul and Cleveland then who cares. They don't give a shit about her there anyway. As long as she makes the big US cities Im cool with it all. This tour does not need go on forever. STOP CALLING OUT MADONNA FOR BEING TOO OLD TO TOUR its just not true and it is wrong on so many levels.

14 minutes ago, tscott said:

No, I think she's gonna start the show with something celebratory, dancy and very energetic.

Probably...I'm coming from a standpoint of this could be a powerful statement...I'm here, I survived, etc.  Especially this line "The light that you could never see, It shines inside, you can't take that from me"

4 minutes ago, sumusicman said:

Probably...I'm coming from a standpoint of this could be a powerful statement...I'm here, I survived, etc.  Especially this line "The light that you could never see, It shines inside, you can't take that from me"

Oh, I get it. I just think that she'll kick the show off with something high energy.  But i guess your idea could work if there is an opening video.  :)

1 minute ago, sumusicman said:

Obvious!!...how did that one slip my mind!?

Though I doubt she'll open with a non-dance/high energy song. But I wish she would. The opening of Drowned World with Substitute for Love is one of my favorites. And the Beast Within on RIT - though that wasn't a performance - just a video backdrop leading into Vogue.

9 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

Though I doubt she'll open with a non-dance/high energy song. But I wish she would. The opening of Drowned World with Substitute for Love is one of my favorites. And the Beast Within on RIT - though that wasn't a performance - just a video backdrop leading into Vogue.

Drowned World was one of my favorite openings too...unexpected at the time!

9 minutes ago, sumusicman said:

Drowned World was one of my favorite openings too...unexpected at the time!

Slow songs that I imagine could work as openers with the right visuals and musical accompaniment. The benefit of starting with a ballad or slower song is that its the opener and everyone is going to be going nuts anyway regardless of what she's singing. It's a creative way to sneak in a song that may otherwise be a little less "exciting" if it were later in the setlist. Like Drowned World Tour - every option here would have to follow up with a big dance song to propel the audience's energy :

LIVE TO TELL

CRAZY FOR YOU

DON'T TELL ME (a ballad version?!)

LIKE A PRAYER (a slow version into a dance version)

DIE ANOTHER DAY (spoken word)

JUSTIFY MY LOVE

9 hours ago, DJ N A said:

Slow songs that I imagine could work as openers with the right visuals and musical accompaniment. The benefit of starting with a ballad or slower song is that its the opener and everyone is going to be going nuts anyway regardless of what she's singing. It's a creative way to sneak in a song that may otherwise be a little less "exciting" if it were later in the setlist. Like Drowned World Tour - every option here would have to follow up with a big dance song to propel the audience's energy :

LIVE TO TELL

CRAZY FOR YOU

DON'T TELL ME (a ballad version?!)

LIKE A PRAYER (a slow version into a dance version)

DIE ANOTHER DAY (spoken word)

JUSTIFY MY LOVE

If I never hear her sing Like A Prayer live again it will be too soon.