MADONNA The First Album Reissue 7.27.23/The Madonna Infinity Breakdown Thread

RUADJAI

Billboard and the amazing Keith Caulfield keeping our spirits alive:

Four Decades of ‘Madonna’: A Look Back at the Queen of Pop’s Debut Album on the Charts

July 27 is a "Holiday" for Madonna fans: Her self-titled debut album was released on this day in 1983

Madonna-cr-GEORGE-HOLZ-1984-billboard-pr

https://www.billboard.com/pro/madonna-debut-album-chart-history/

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

What was it that Rhino real?

Yes. It included outtakes from the cover photoshoot animated (similar To what fans always make), clips from the videos, and it said “we love you Madonna” on it with a rainbow pattern.

In the caption it said they were started the 40th anniversary celebrations with Lucky Star single on streaming…..

2 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes. It included outtakes from the cover photoshoot animated (similar To what fans always make), clips from the videos, and it said “we love you Madonna” on it with a rainbow pattern.

In the caption it said they were started the 40th anniversary celebrations with Lucky Star single on streaming…..

They keep edging and edging us. I need to cum!

Or I mean, I need the deluxe of the debut album even. 

31 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

I cannot even imagine them announcing boxset any other day than today, it will be totally ridiculous. 

Like.. Yeeeeah, we missed the most important milestone in the recent years, but here is your boxset announcement for 1st album on random day in October, be grateful, bitches! 

Honestly, I would rather want them to drop the idea of reissues for now, if nothing happens today, and let's focus on tour, new album later on and maybe a movie (in this particular order)... And let's return to idea of reissues in 5-10 years

Artists do it all the time.  U2 just announced an anniversary edition of their Zooropa album over two weeks after its actual anniversary date.  No one but the fans are paying attention to the actual anniversary date.  If anything would still happen, I can see them just generally mentioning it's 40th Anniversary and peddle whatever anniversary release they please.  I think as huge fans we tend to over analyze things, and think certain things matter, when in truth, it don't.  I can't see some casual fan or any random person who isn't a hard core fan, fretting over any of this.  Or I don't see them pointing out, "but the anniversary was actually July 27th, why didn't they release this then?"

6 minutes ago, tscott said:

Artists do it all the time.  U2 just announced an anniversary edition of their Zooropa album over two weeks after its actual anniversary date.  No one but the fans are paying attention the the actual anniversary date.  If anything would still happen, I can see them just generally mentioning it's 40th Anniversary and peddle whatever anniversary release they please.  I think as huge fans we tend to over analyze things, and think certain things matter, when in truth, it don't.  I can't see some casual fan or any random person who isn't a hard core fan, fretting over any of this.  Or I don't see them pointing out, "but the anniversary was actually July 27th, why didn't they release this then?"

Yeah, but thing is these reissues don't have that much appeal on general public (if any), they are rather for hardcore fans.

Moreover, we didn't create those expectations our of nothing, but based on the announcement from Warner that happened 2 years ago that reissues are planned. Our patience has its limits. 

2 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Yeah, but thing is these reissues don't have that much appeal on general public (if any), they are rather for hardcore fans.

Moreover, we didn't create those expectations our of nothing, but based on the announcement from Warner that happened 2 years ago that reissues are planned. Our patience has its limits. 

As shown with FEL we will buy whatever they release whenever they choose to release it. They can’t go wrong.