Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT

Blue Jean

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I think it is not her best show in terms of creativity but it was consistently entertaining start to end. Unlike MDNA which had some incredible moments but a slump in the middle. One amazing thing about RHT was the audience interaction which is more than she ever did on other tours. She was very fun. Madame X failed there because the interaction was overly scripted.

I agree, it's the tour I enjoyed the most every time, with the surprise songs, the unapologetic bitch. Every night was different.

17 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I agree, it's the tour I enjoyed the most every time, with the surprise songs, the unapologetic bitch. Every night was different.

Exactly.

Plus Madonna had barely engaged with audiences at all before that. So it was a nice change. And she was very funny.

15 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I gave it 10/10

I’m not going to lie, I loved it in person (first M tour) the 3 times I went in Los Angeles, but it is just too dark and depressing for me to revisit it now. My opinion of the show itself would rank it higher on best tours, but I’m just going by the enjoyability factor.

8 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I’m not going to lie, I loved it in person (first M tour) the 3 times I went in Los Angeles, but it is just too dark and depressing for me to revisit it now. My opinion of the show itself would rank it higher on best tours, but I’m just going by the enjoyability factor.

I love dark and depressing. It’s not something I’d watch everyday but the creativity is amazing.

Whaaaaaat?

VAT #10?

RHT #9???

RHT has been one of my most enjoyable concert experience with M, not that it’s my favorite tour but it was amazing, it didn’t have the technology of the previous tour, maybe that’s why it’s so low 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Whaaaaaat?

VAT #10?

RHT #9???

RHT has been one of my most enjoyable concert experience with M, not that it’s my favorite tour but it was amazing, it didn’t have the technology of the previous tour, maybe that’s why it’s so low 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It was amazing but I mean look at the caliber of the tours above it

Blond Ambition it’s #1 for most of us. That’s undeniable. To me, my #2 Tour it’s the MDNA Tour, I know the album was kinda “low” besides her previous releases but the tour it’s perfection to me.

I think its the tour were she dances the most in her whole career and at 54 years old!!! The themes are so good, that trip from darkness to light, she looks so fierce in the first act, so beatiful in the second one, so introspective in the third, so sexy in the fourth and so energetic in the fifth. 

the screens, the videos, the updates like Justify my love, the moving stairs with screens,  to end a 2 hour concert with Celebration that was very demanding in choreo. WOW.

Maybe I’m too hyped because I saw this tour from the golden triangle but I just love it so much.

I think WTGT will rank low, because it's less theatrical, but musically it deserves to be no 1. The band is incredible and it's the only Madonna tour that sounds like a live rock concert. It's powerful and some fans should listen again to rediscover what a live sound can be. Plus, her (positive) energy and audience interaction in Turin is unparalleled.

15 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Paradise Not for Me was very enjoyable and Mer Girl too! It was really artistic. And I loved the song about enjoying a good meal, eating the flesh of your father. 

8 hours ago, Enrico said:

I think WTGT will rank low, because it's less theatrical, but musically it deserves to be no 1. The band is incredible and it's the only Madonna tour that sounds like a live rock concert. It's powerful and some fans should listen again to rediscover what a live sound can be. Plus, her (positive) energy and audience interaction in Turin is unparalleled.

I feel it’s very hard to compare the tours overall because they are within different periods where the technology was different. The Virgin Tour ranking low feels wrong too. But we have to remember a lot of fans are younger and looking at it through a technical lens.

I do think Who’s That Girl though was extremely innovative for its time. She was incorporating backdrops/screens into her shows long before it was the norm.

I would however argue that technology can also hamper creativity too and cheapen the overall result. In many ways those earlier tours are stronger because they relied so heavily on the performance itself. Looking at other performers today you can see that they don’t have to be good performers to put on an amazing spectacle. They just need good stage designs.

11 hours ago, Enrico said:

The Girlie Show had a much better live band IMO :) 

51 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

The Girlie Show had a much better live band IMO :) 

Yeah definitely. Girlie Show and Who's that girl are both the best live sound experiences, they both had a great band in my opinion and both were conceived to be very music oriented. The Girlie Show is much more fun, sophisticated and creative when it comes to the arrangements of the songs (and not just to that honestly, it remains her best one imo), but it's also performed in a much more mature point of her career. I really love them both anyway, the following one is ReInvention for me (and Confessions maybe).

16 hours ago, migsou said:

the only problem i have with this kind of poll is that the large majority of us is judging the concert by the recorded version(s) of it, not the actual show

Absolutely but how many fans attended every single tour and can judge them fairly? Especially since our standards and tastes change as we get older too…

On 8/17/2023 at 10:37 AM, migsou said:

the only problem i have with this kind of poll is that the large majority of us is judging the concert by the recorded version(s) of it, not the actual show

but we could also say that's more "fair" because attending a show could cause a positive bias, someone could say a tour is their favorite because that's the one they attended. Either way, it's difficult to be objective.

4 minutes ago, scion said:

Actually yes.

Oh God

Episodic memory refers to a neurocognitive system that renders possible the conscious recollection of events as they were previously experienced. The term is closely related, but not identical, to autobiographical memory, which refers to memory for and about a person's own life. The defining characteristic of episodic memory is its dependence on a special kind of conscious awareness called autonoetic awareness. An individual with autonoetic (or ‘self-knowing’) awareness is capable of roaming at will in subjective time, by recollecting aspects of past experiences, or imagining possible future experiences. It can be contrasted with semantic memory, or the neurocognitive system that makes possible the acquisition, retention, and use of factual information whose retrieval is accompanied by noetic awareness. Research in cognitive neuroscience has identified two brain regions, the medial temporal lobes and the prefrontal cortex, which are critical for the normal operations of episodic and autobiographical memory. The former area is necessary for the establishment of episodic and autobiographical memories, and also participates in their retrieval for a limited time following encoding. The latter area underlies the ability to become autonoetically aware of the personal past and future, and is especially important in episodic memory… 

Do you want to go further in the way we experience and retrieve memories? 

• Blue Jean changed the title to Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic