CbT: What setlist adjustments would you make?

MaDöner Kebab

After seeing the show there's almost nothing I would change. If anything, I would make it a little longer.

I would insert elements of Causing a commotion into Into the groove instead of the Missy Elliot bit and change the lyrics of Into the groove to the original ones.

Replaced The Beast Within with 4 Minutes (interlude)

Added elements of Oh Father and Promise to try to Mother and Father

Replace Don't Cry For Me Argentina with Express yoursef/I rise

Replace the awful Ray of light remix with a better remix

Add another song after Rain to make that section a little longer, maybe The Power of Goodbye/Take a bow?

Make the Celebration/Music a proper 4 or 5 minute performance.

Show looks amazing but just from clips for my personal taste I think would  

Change Into the Groove to the original lyrics

Replace Burning up with another 80s track like Physical Attraction

Change Justify My Love to original mix

Replace Beast Within interlude with Skin

Replace Die Another Day with Rescue Me

Bedtime Story use the remix and staging used for the Brits or something similar

Rain - Do the song in full with no edits or replace with Power of Goodbye, Secret or Frozen

Bitch' Im Madonna - I just hate this song so would change it for one of her signature classics like Who's That Girl  

3 hours ago, MPowered said:

@Anapausis right now:

E0p-uqUXEAM8Vh3.jpg

In your very tradition, I'd be here to see her replacing BU with OVER AND OVER since it's a much more older song than BU. In fact O&O comes from The Breakfast Club times. I told that here in this thread. I miss Over and Over. In fact even Gambler would be qualified to replace Burning Up, since it's a finalized song to Best Girl, composed around the same time of Burning Up. It's up to Madonna if she wanna give Dan Gilroy the credit he really deserves.

In fact, M did better than I thought...

Moltes gràcies, @Frank, xic meu!

Fuck you, Camille Barbone! Keep shaking forever to my Queen's ominpresence for 4 fucking decades!

And yes to this fucking, amazing underrated masterpiece:

If you can't stand the heat, get off of my street!!!

And you won in the end, @MPowered!

• 1 month later...

Act I

Intro

Nothing Really Matters

Everybody

Into the Groove/Causing a commotion

Burning Up (with elements of I love New York)

Lucky star/Open Your Heart

Holiday (with elements of "I Want Your Love")

In This Life (intermission)

Live to Tell

Like a Prayer/Act of contrition (with elements of Girl gone wild and Unholy)

Act II

Blond Ambition (interlude)

Erotica (with elements of Papa Don't Preach)

Justify My Love/Fever

Physical attraction/Hung Up

Bad Girl

Up Down Suite

Vogue/Break my soul

Human Nature/Crazy for You

Act III

The Beast Within (interlude)

Die Another Day

Don't Tell Me

Mother and Father/Oh Father (with elements of Promise to try)

Rebel Heart

La Isla Bonita

Express yourself

Act IV

4 minutes/American life (interlude)

Rescue me

Sorry

Music/Give it 2 me

Act V

Frozen (interlude)

Bedtime Story

Ray of Light

Rain

Take a bow/The Power of Goodbye

Act VI

I don't search I find (interlude)

Like a virgin/Material Girl/Angel

Bitch I'm Madonna (with elements of Give Me All Your Luvin')

Celebration

On 12/3/2023 at 1:59 AM, Anapausis said:

In your very tradition, I'd be here to see her replacing BU with OVER AND OVER since it's a much more older song than BU. In fact O&O comes from The Breakfast Club times. I told that here in this thread. I miss Over and Over. In fact even Gambler would be qualified to replace Burning Up, since it's a finalized song to Best Girl, composed around the same time of Burning Up. It's up to Madonna if she wanna give Dan Gilroy the credit he really deserves.

That's a different Over and Over. It hasn't leaked yet but it's been confirmed they are not related

11 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

That's a different Over and Over. It hasn't leaked yet but it's been confirmed they are not related

Have you got access to it? As far as I know by the snippet of it that Dan Gilroy posted right after Madonna's induction to Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame both are virtually the same. Only arrangements are obviously not the same. Around 1:30 mark.

And I honestly Hung Up at S&ST was a "honouring" homage to Gilroy since he did this "courtesy" to her. All the references, the "29 moves before the Queen will top the King" = the 29 years between they met and broke up and her being inducted while he and his band not even won the Grammy Best New Act in 1988, among others.

Check out what she says now about "the man who taught her to play guitar" before performing Burning Up at the Celebration Tour, she doesn't even mention his name anymore, only that she retributed him by "doing a blowjob on him."

@Salida this post's for you too, my dear friend.

EDIT: @MPowered schöner, since I've finally posted here the full Dan's "courtesy" to M, check out for urself.

EDIT 2: I also believe M's chess scene in the Power of Good-Bye video also refers her disappointment to her break-up to Gilroy, which echoed to her disappointment to her break-up to Carlos León and the fail of him about not being with M after Lola's birth. Just like her man in 1997 left her alone to their daughter, her man in 1979 left her alone to their music (and their dream to be famous together as a band).

1 hour ago, Anapausis said:

Have you got access to it? As far as I know by the snippet of it that Dan Gilroy posted right after Madonna's induction to Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame both are virtually the same. Only arrangements are obviously not the same. Around 1:30 mark.

And I honestly Hung Up at S&ST was a "honouring" homage to Gilroy since he did this "courtesy" to her. All the references, the "29 moves before the Queen will top the King" = the 29 years between they met and broke up and her being inducted while he and his band not even won the Grammy Best New Act in 1988, among others.

Check out what she says now about "the man who taught her to play guitar" before performing Burning Up at the Celebration Tour, she doesn't even mention his name anymore, only that she retributed him by "doing a blowjob on him."

@Salida this post's for you too, my dear friend.

EDIT: @MPowered schöner, since I've finally posted here the full Dan's "courtesy" to M, check out for urself.

EDIT 2: I also believe M's chess scene in the Power of Good-Bye video also refers her disappointment to her break-up to Gilroy, which echoed to her disappointment to her break-up to Carlos León and the fail of him about not being with M after Lola's birth. Just like her man in 1997 left her alone to their daughter, her man in 1979 left her alone to their music (and their dream to be famous together as a band).

I don't think Madonna has been thinking about Gilroy that much since the 80's, pretty sure the 29 moves was a reference to MJ. No way she's still thinking about a boyfriend from the early 80's in 1998 and 2008

After soaking it all in, I think the setlist is pretty perfect as is. I would've added the Avicii version of Wash All Over Me between Ray of Light and Rain.

I would've maybe said replace Burning Up on guitar with Material Girl on guitar but Burning Up fits in the story better.

3 hours ago, dankpepe said:

After soaking it all in, I think the setlist is pretty perfect as is. I would've added the Avicii version of Wash All Over Me between Ray of Light and Rain.

People really need to get over this terribly dated version of that song. It was off-key and flat and didn’t match the album.

Besides, why would she perform a demo of a song that she clearly didn’t like as much?

8 hours ago, MPowered said:

People really need to get over this terribly dated version of that song. It was off-key and flat and didn’t match the album.

Besides, why would she perform a demo of a song that she clearly didn’t like as much?

I thought it fit thematically with that segment talking about the end and blends in with the watery symbolism of Rain

• Get rid of the MJ tribute
  • make Nothing Really Matters longer
  • perform all of Hung Up
  • perform all of Rain
  • add one more song after Rain (rescue me maybe?)
  • have a full performance of Celebration after BIM
  • we need another full length performance after Vogue. Either do human nature in full, or Crazy for You in full, or add in another song in full (you’ll see)
  • oh yeah, add Causing a Commotion to the setlist.
  •  

27 minutes ago, deathproof said:
  • Get rid of the MJ tribute
  • make Nothing Really Matters longer
  • perform all of Hung Up
  • perform all of Rain
  • add one more song after Rain (rescue me maybe?)
  • have a full performance of Celebration after BIM
  • we need another full length performance after Vogue. Either do human nature in full, or Crazy for You in full, or add in another song in full (you’ll see)
  • oh yeah, add Causing a Commotion to the setlist.
  •  

Don't you think all of this would extend the concert length to 3h30min minimum?

I don't think M would handle an Eras Tour concert length at this point of her life.