Bye, Bye Glastonbury Festival

proxy

On 12/18/2023 at 7:42 AM, Blue Jean said:

Mmm but remember Coachella was a bare bones performance on a small stage. The Celebration show will be expensive to stage at Glastonbury so that is probably more to do with it then her own personal asking fee.

I agree though she should do it anyway because it will do huge things for her reputation.

I don't think any performers get a modified stage... the performances would need to be adapted to the regular Glastonbury stage, they wouldn't be the exact same as her own tour

On 12/21/2023 at 10:39 AM, androiduser said:

I don't think any performers get a modified stage... the performances would need to be adapted to the regular Glastonbury stage, they wouldn't be the exact same as her own tour

That could also be a reason why she won’t do it. As I recall Kylie designed a tour around it.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

According with someone on Popjustice with Glastonbury insiders (and not Madonna insiders) 

Had it pretty much confirmed from very reliable sources that Glastonbury is indeed going ahead.

It's certainly the right time. Come on...get that cheque book out

On 12/23/2023 at 8:01 PM, Starchild said:

Since you don't receive direct messages...

If you've got something to say, say it clear and proud in English instead of masking it in French, you little mouse.

These people love to be unmasked as their masks are as fragile as their Le Monde Diplomatique mentality.

Can we lovely posters please stop rowing or put no 'rowing allowed' in thread titles. I hate to see it, lives for some of us are grim enough. I honestly dont like to see usually such great people fall out in each thread. life's to short and its ruined other forums, we all know 1!!. I understand people cant help it sometimes but it ends up in almost every thread now like its a hobby of reading a bad soap script that would be about bitchy queens. 

I actually love 99.9% of people only have 1 on ignore. Just prefer peace. Open up a Madonna row thread and fight it out in that for those that want to keep up with the drama. (Now ill be shouted at to just leave :laughing:). 

Back to Glasto, there's nothing really much they can do with Madonna's current stage set up. They added a runway for Billie if memory serves right but not her crane to fly over the crowd and no light rig above the runway so no screens that could come down or certainly flying boxes going over people. There would be no time to set any of it all up or do sound checks anyway.  Major over-hall required or new-ish show. 

Shell be great whatever! 

7 hours ago, scallywally said:

Can we lovely posters please stop rowing or put no 'rowing allowed' in thread titles. I hate to see it, lives for some of us are grim enough. I honestly dont like to see usually such great people fall out in each thread. life's to short and its ruined other forums, we all know 1!!. I understand people cant help it sometimes but it ends up in almost every thread now like its a hobby of reading a bad soap script that would be about bitchy queens. 

I actually love 99.9% of people only have 1 on ignore. Just prefer peace. Open up a Madonna row thread and fight it out in that for those that want to keep up with the drama. (Now ill be shouted at to just leave :laughing:). 

Back to Glasto, there's nothing really much they can do with Madonna's current stage set up. They added a runway for Billie if memory serves right but not her crane to fly over the crowd and no light rig above the runway so no screens that could come down or certainly flying boxes going over people. There would be no time to set any of it all up or do sound checks anyway.  Major over-hall required or new-ish show. 

Shell be great whatever! 

giphy.gif

Also, the "ignore" feature is nice.  That's if it's utilized as such!  :)

• 1 month later...