Madonna’s "The Celebration Tour" TOTAL BOX OFFICE $225,580,345 million worldwide / 1,127,658 Tickets Sold / 80 Reported Shows

Askeroff

39 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Brazil is free for the audience and the payment to her is a private contract, so it won't be added to the total.

Ranking:

01. Sticky & Sweet Tour: $408M

02. The MDNA Tour: $305M

03. The Celebration Tour: $255M

04. Confessions Tour: $194M

04. Rebel Heart Tour: $169M

And (very very roughly) adjusted for inflation just these 5 tours alone come to almost $2 billion in gross.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

True but it was also 12 years ago. Anyway , sorry to be negative. It’s a great achievement!

Oh please, don't say sorry for being negative. I'm definitely not that kind of person or fan, I was just pondering on your thought. 

I consider negative just the kind of person who uses to write or say bad, pessimistic, victimistic things. Having critical thinking or, in this case, expressing one's hopes or desires are expressions of emotional involvement and love.

INSTEAD, let me say that I consider much more negative the easy quarrelsome and aggressive reactions some people chose to have when they read something not good about M or her work. I mean I can deeply dislike one or two of her projects and still want to talk about, share my feelings (because I still love her as an artist) and not being negative. There have been some negative people around here  but a very few imo :cute:

(I honestly don't think you care about this, but it gave me a good occasion to clarify this point I do care about, sorry :kiss2:)

The gross would put it comfortably in the top 10 tours of the year for 2023 - obviously it's run 2023/24 so it won't fit neatly in one, but it's a great achievement by any measure and it being a woman in her 60s, over 40 years into her career, and coming soon after she almost died AND there was this air of 'she's not going to be able to do this, it'll be a disaster' around, just makes it an even bigger triumph. Getting disappointed cos it didn't gross as much as tours from over a decade ago is just dumb.

6 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I still don't understand why she didn't tour south America and Australasia. This could have been her #2 most successful 

Just my own personal conjecture, this tour was solely to garner good press and funds for the biopic. If she hadnt gotten sick, the tour would've ended in December and she would've had 2024 free to do whatever she had to for the film and probably release whatever reissue along with it etc 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Just my own personal conjecture, this tour was solely to garner good press and funds for the biopic. If she hadnt gotten sick, the tour would've ended in December and she would've had 2024 free to do whatever she had to for the film and probably release whatever reissue along with it etc 

Literally no one cares about this biopic