All time favorite Hung Up Performance

True Blue 84

9 minutes ago, Salida said:

Yes! :heart:

This is what justifies my long time as a M fan: to help M fans to admire M even more and more. That's why I share what I know about M. My intention is not to enter in a contest to other fans or to sound pretentious and know-it-all to anyone.

I am a rebel heart devoted to another rebel heart and my goal as hers is to make more rebel hearts conscious and proud of themselves.

I ain't telling it to u, Salida, but to the several people who have dissed me to the pits as an "internet troll," a "Madonna hater" or whatever. Here on Infinity and to several other places in 2 decades of being a M stan.

I am just opening my heart now.

This is why I am here, we are here, right @dave2290? To prove that BITCH, WE ARE ALL MADONNA'S!!!!

2 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

This is what justifies my long time as a M fan: to help M fans to admire M even more and more. That's why I share what I know about M. My intention is not to enter in a contest to othet fans or to sound pretentious and know-it-all to anyone.

I am a rebel heart devoted to another rebel heart and my goal as hers is to make more rebel hearts conscious and proud of themselves.

I ain't telling it to u, Salida, but to the several people who have dissed me to the pits as an "internet troll," a "Madonna hater" or whatever. Here on Infinity and to several other places in 2 decades of being a M stan.

I am just opening my heart now.

This is why I am here, we are here, right @dave2290? To prove that BITCH, WE ARE ALL MADONNA'S!!!!

I have never understood the toxicity that I've seen on some M forums/comment sections (I haven't spent enough time on this forum to have observations). I've always felt like you say you do. I love learning things about M that I didn't know before and I love sharing what I know. And helping other fans in any way I can. I think that's the point of these communities and I think that's what she wants us to do. To share our light with one another.

49 minutes ago, Salida said:

I have never understood the toxicity that I've seen on some M forums/comment sections (I haven't spent enough time on this forum to have observations). I've always felt like you say you do. I love learning things about M that I didn't know before and I love sharing what I know. And helping other fans in any way I can. I think that's the point of these communities and I think that's what she wants us to do. To share our light with one another.

I am used to say I'm a bitch but I am a bitch only when I feel threatened somehow: then I bark and bite. I am also used to say I am here to serve. We are in this life to help each other, if not, why'd it be the meaning of living each day? I believe this is what has guided M for her whole life, before and even more after her children. She could have had fame as priority before wanting to be a mom; but after that, fame got dismissed as in the Drowned World lyrics. Fame'd never be her religion anymore, but Lola and the other kids who followed her. Not even Kabbalah's Madonna's religion, as she stated multiple times: it's a way to her being able to learn, experience and face life as a whole. It's not just a cult to her as Lucy O'Brien has failed to see; it's a way for her to get a spiritual perspective of things in such materialistic, egoistic, selfabsorbent world. Kabbalah was Freud's original Jewish faith to which he returned in his last years after Treblinka events. By no chance it inspired him to the theory of psychianalysis even in its "god-is-a-tool-and-an-excuse-to-men" aspect which is not any new in Judaism as Moses never stated there's afterlife or a metaphysical world in Torah - only some coded quotes which were redone when Hebrew scripture got translated by other languages - and adopted to other faiths such as Christianity. Saducees were Jews who live in Jesus' times and, as much as the Jews who left Egypt with Moses, they never believed in anything spiritual, only in the Law of God - as their own legislation. Not any different from the leftists who don't believe in God but in the State - in other word, the Law/legislation. Marx was also Jew - and Marxism was a child to the equality above all doctrine which emerged from Essenian Jews - and Ebionists, Nazarenes - and the first Christians and the historical Gnostics. Judaism is essentially a religion where Law is above Spirit - hence why Kabbalah had to emerge thanks to Isaac Luria and others, but, prior to them, Philon of Alexandria and other Jews who linked the Torah to the Platonist and Neoplatonist beliefs. We can say Freud created the psychic appareil theory as an escape to Kabbalah - only to come back to it after realizing he needed to use some excuse to justify why his family was terminated in Nazi Shoah.

@dave2290 that's why I am a human encyclopedia: I am a Madonna fan.

Back to the topic. Other Hung Up performance which I love is the MDNAT one. But tis another different story to explain to u. I could do another day.

My favorite performance is the one at MTV Europe in 2005. Perfect choreography, perfect hairstyle and costumes, perfect attitude, the perfect body, the perfect dance cast. Unfortunately her voice was not one of the best in this presentation. I remember feeling sorry for her as I watched her finish the song with difficulty during the last seconds because her voice was practically going away. Dancing and singing at the same time is definitely not easy at all and only some artists are willing to make such a complicated presentation even though it often does not turn out completely perfect. However, I prefer this type of performance a thousand times over those where the artists simply develops their choreographies automatically as if they were robots. Janet Jackson, her brother or Britney Spears are some examples.

The worst performances are that of Sticky and Sweet and that of the Mdna Tour. Totally unrecognizable and insipid to my taste and even more so for a song that was born to be danced to and not to be the subject of experiments and disconcerting proposals that most of us fans do not understand to this day.

14 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

My favorite performance is the one at MTV Europe in 2005. Perfect choreography, perfect hairstyle and costumes, perfect attitude, the perfect body, the perfect dance cast. Unfortunately her voice was not one of the best in this presentation. I remember feeling sorry for her as I watched her finish the song with difficulty during the last seconds because her voice was practically going away. Dancing and singing at the same time is definitely not easy at all and only some artists are willing to make such a complicated presentation even though it often does not turn out completely perfect. However, I prefer this type of performance a thousand times over those where the artists simply develops their choreographies automatically as if they were robots. Janet Jackson, her brother or Britney Spears are some examples.

The worst performances are that of Sticky and Sweet and that of the Mdna Tour. Totally unrecognizable and insipid to my taste and even more so for a song that was born to be danced to and not to be the subject of experiments and disconcerting proposals that most of us fans do not understand to this day.

And thats why my favorite is the grammy performance, it marks all the checkmarks the EMAS performance does + her vocals are fine at the Grammys... 

10 hours ago, Anapausis said:

I just selected the option to see chicx's post only to send them back same courtesy they had started doing to me.

Oh! I didn't know you had blocked me. You don't know the sadness and pain that causes me!:suffer:

No, seriously, it's not that I mind a troll blocking me but... Is your tolerance level so low that it doesn't allow you to tolerate opinions different from yours? Do you believe you are the owner of the truth and that is why it irritates you when someone contradicts your statements? Anyway. For example, I would be incapable of blocking someone because I like to defend freedom of expression and that requires admitting opinions that are totally different from mine, especially yours that abounded in disrespect such as calling me "el coco loco" all the time for example.

Anyway, case closed as far as I'm concerned. As if I cared that I was blocked by the most impertinent troll on all the Madonna forums. Please!!

On 1/5/2024 at 4:53 PM, True Blue 84 said:

And thats why my favorite is the grammy performance, it marks all the checkmarks the EMAS performance does + her vocals are fine at the Grammys... 

Ok, but don't you think her attitude was better on MTV? At the Grammys I saw Madonna a little more focused on her dance steps, a little more serious and less overflowing with joy. To be honest, I missed seeing that spark and contagious joy that she showed on MTV despite all the flaws and mistakes that presentation had. Maybe being on a stage like the Grammys where everything is a little more formal and where the audience is mostly made up of old, bored people influenced this change in attitude, I don't know.

However, this Grammys performance is also my favorite. Seeing her look just like the Sorry video was an unexpected plus.  I have a special appreciation for Hung Up because it symbolizes an entire era of successes and applause that, unfortunately, would never be repeated again.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, scion said:

Live Earth. Horrible vocally but visually and her energy she was amazing.

Second favourite was S&S (yep I loved it).

7 hours ago, adirondak said:

I thought her vocals were pretty good on Live Earth, personally. 

6 hours ago, scion said:

They would have been if it had been in a higher key... It was way too low.

She sounded fine on live earth