Like a Prayer Streaming Anniversary Edition

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Does anyone know the differences in the alternate Oh Father version and the standard Album Version? I think some instrumentations and strings and maybe more

Only difference is it doesn't have the mixed start with the end of "Dear Jessie". It's basically the single version and the one included on "Something To Remember" later.

About the "Like A Prayer" 30th Anniversary edition on streaming, I always saw it as a testing the waters thing to show her it was worth it to go back to Warner and put her back singles and remixes catalogue on streaming. It was 2019 and none of her singles before "Hung Up" were available on streaming. A year later they started to upload them with "Human Nature" and luckily now most of her pre-2006 are available on all platforms. Only a few left now.

22 hours ago, Prayer said:

I always saw it as a testing the waters thing to show her it was worth it to go back to Warner and put her back singles and remixes catalogue on streaming.

I'm glad she did. Everyone deserves access to all of her discography and those who made all of these remixes and edits deserve to be paid.

1 hour ago, Cyberraga said:

I'm glad she did. Everyone deserves access to all of her discography and those who made all of these remixes and edits deserve to be paid.

It's been so long some of them are even dead now (!!), sadly.

But again, no one could know when all those remixes were made that streaming would be a thing twenty, thirty years later. Initially remixes most of the time were almost disposable and used for selling the physical releases and to service the clubs, except when a remix was so good and popular that it became the single version that everyone knew and loved.

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I just love the tracks! But it seemed very random and sloppy. And some seemed remastered and others not.

This 30th anniversary streaming edition NEEDS TO STAY. There's nothing wrong with it being kept alongside to a future 35th anniversary edition more comprehensive and which doesn't miss any album track. It symbolizes a new time to Madonna's career where she's actually cared by her then former label to the point eternal claims by us fans regarding M's catalogue availabilty everywhere had started to be finally heard. Plus the rosé cover is ULTIMATELY CHIC, SUPERBE, I just can't believe fans like @MPoweredTRULY despise it.

And, yes, the 35th True Blue anniversary edition also NEEDS TO STAY. Its cover is magical. It really deserved a physical issuing treatment. If I were this type of fan, would even frame the cover - if there's an album cover of M which deserves to be framed, that's this one.

This needs to be removed from all platforms. Her singles catalogue won't ever be complete with this crap edition around. That said, the cover of this edition is so insistent that iTunes keeps forcing it as the official cover in my personal library for the ORIGINAL Like A Prayer album.

If we get the other singles and proper re-releases this version has to go and I’m sure it will be removed, thankfully!

On 1/2/2024 at 11:05 PM, Prayer said:

Only difference is it doesn't have the mixed start with the end of "Dear Jessie". It's basically the single version and the one included on "Something To Remember" later.

About the "Like A Prayer" 30th Anniversary edition on streaming, I always saw it as a testing the waters thing to show her it was worth it to go back to Warner and put her back singles and remixes catalogue on streaming. It was 2019 and none of her singles before "Hung Up" were available on streaming. A year later they started to upload them with "Human Nature" and luckily now most of her pre-2006 are available on all platforms. Only a few left now.

This isn’t true. The Oh Father version on Something To Remember still has parts of the Dear Jessie intro. I own the physical and digital version. It’s the same on both of them.

The only different version is the edit which starts with the piano intro and omits the strings intro.

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

This isn’t true. The Oh Father version on Something To Remember still has parts of the Dear Jessie intro. I own the physical and digital version. It’s the same on both of them.

The only different version is the edit which starts with the piano intro and omits the strings intro.

The strings intro you mention is from "Oh Father", not from "Dear Jessie". "Dear Jessie" ends with strings and "Oh Father" starts with strings too and both string parts and mixed on the "Like A Prayer" album as a non-stop listening experience.

But I checked "Something To Remember" and it's true maybe "Oh Father" there it's just the "Like A Prayer" album version. The start sound exactly the same on "Like A Prayer" and "Something To Remember". :cute:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Both editions were ok'ish for a digital release and included remixes and tracks not available on streaming previously, which was good. BUT if we get a proper full reissue one day, with the whole physical vinyl/CD treatment and all honors... they need to be better.

i hope too....

i hope this year will be better than last year.....

and i hope they start to tell us what are next and where.... 

On 1/2/2024 at 4:35 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

Does anyone know the differences in the alternate Oh Father version and the standard Album Version? I think some instrumentations and strings and maybe more

The alternate version has an unreleased love profusion vocal 😂😂😉

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

The strings intro you mention is from "Oh Father", not from "Dear Jessie". "Dear Jessie" ends with strings and "Oh Father" starts with strings too and both string parts and mixed on the "Like A Prayer" album as a non-stop listening experience.

But I checked "Something To Remember" and it's true maybe "Oh Father" there it's just the "Like A Prayer" album version. The start sound exactly the same on "Like A Prayer" and "Something To Remember". :cute:

You can hear the strings outro from Dear Jessie blending into the strings intro from Oh Father. I made unmixed as well as extended versions of both versions and uploaded them in the media section.

I don't know why Oh Father on streaming is labeled as "Alternate". It's probably one of the many fuck ups done by her team.

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

This 30th anniversary streaming edition NEEDS TO STAY. There's nothing wrong with it being kept alongside to a future 35th anniversary edition more comprehensive and which doesn't miss any album track. It symbolizes a new time to Madonna's career where she's actually cared by her then former label to the point eternal claims by us fans regarding M's catalogue availabilty everywhere had started to be finally heard. Plus the rosé cover is ULTIMATELY CHIC, SUPERBE, I just can't believe fans like @MPoweredTRULY despise it.

And, yes, the 35th True Blue anniversary edition also NEEDS TO STAY. Its cover is magical. It really deserved a physical issuing treatment. If I were this type of fan, would even frame the cover - if there's an album cover of M which deserves to be framed, that's this one.

Imagine having this gorgeous album cover:

91etw5xmsL-1._SL1425_.jpg

and deciding to absolutely murder it with this monstrosity:

ab67616d0000b2739588ea690c4a28e0ece04604

WHY THE FUCK IS IT ZOOMED IN LIKE THAT???

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Imagine having this gorgeous album cover:

91etw5xmsL-1._SL1425_.jpg

and deciding to absolutely murder it with this monstrosity:

ab67616d0000b2739588ea690c4a28e0ece04604

WHY THE FUCK IS IT ZOOMED IN LIKE THAT???

You need to take some

to appreciate what you call "monstrousity."

And there's some alternative if you have cancelled Huncho:

You're welcome too, schöner...