The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

11 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I don't know, man. After Popular I am not sure if it would work for a full album. 

The Weeknd produced Madonna album in the style of his last 2 albums, maybe yes (mix of synths pop and RnB with a small touch of another producer). But Popular is nice as it is (reminds me RnB from 20 years ago - Janet Jackson: Damito Jo album, actually), not sure if we need to hear anymore of that. 

I think they'd work something out that would work for the both of them.  They both are great at what they do, and both have great visual instincts. :)

On 4/20/2024 at 9:16 AM, Andreo said:

I would love if The Weeknd offered something very out there with Madonna to work with 

I mean AFTER HOURS is such a gorgeous album and I can imagine that and DAWN FM vibes with Madonna's vocals 

Like a total synth pop, Dreamwave, vaporware, dance pop, new wave style album with lyrics about surviving death, longetlvity, society, connection, diversity, isolation, emotions like just an out there album but with distinct hooks and big impact we need that 

Wishful thinking + delusion but imo maybe she didn't drop or announce the album yet bc she's still working on it & wants to add more songs, inspired by everything she experienced in the past year. It could even be a double album, part 1 being dark sounded, about death and depression etc and part 2 light about celebration of life. 

11 hours ago, sara94 said:

Wishful thinking + delusion but imo maybe she didn't drop or announce the album yet bc she's still working on it & wants to add more songs, inspired by everything she experienced in the past year. It could even be a double album, part 1 being dark sounded, about death and depression etc and part 2 light about celebration of life. 

Oh I'm.here for that ! And with success of Taylor recently and what Beyonce's doing Warner will know Madonna has such a loyal big enough fanbsse for that to work ....like I e set of 12 songs being sybthpop higher energy celebratory liberating expressive inspiring motivational pop ....and the other side more trip hopefully bluesy personal emotional 

Dealing with mental and physical health issues it really would be a Pop equivalent of Bowies The Next Day for sure that he released at the age Madonna I'd now 

21 hours ago, sara94 said:

The state of the industry is also pretty insane you know top like I see a range of the news now and it's literally crazy like we NEED Madonna but the climate and politically socially where we are going it's terrifying 

On 4/22/2024 at 4:27 AM, sara94 said:

I agree about a plausible album in the works and the possible need to finish it and add tracks about her recent experiences, but I would prefer a 11-13 properly selected tracks form this time. Without any bitching kind of shit, I mean we've been there so many times at this point I really don't need it anymore :kiss2:

On 4/22/2024 at 10:24 AM, Redha DBL said:

What if her plan for after the tour is the rumored broadway musical ? This could mean no new album in a while, or at best just after the musical with music inspired/from the musical ?!

Let's hope not, let's really hope not. 2024 is honestly too optimistic imo, still possible around Christmas but honestly too positive, 2025 feels fine and acceptable, 2026 is really too much: that would mean 7 YEARS AFTER MADAME X :cry:

3 hours ago, stefo said:

Let's hope not, let's really hope not. 2024 is honestly too optimistic imo, still possible around Christmas but honestly too positive, 2025 feels fine and acceptable, 2026 is really too much: that would mean 7 YEARS AFTER MADAME X :cry:

I agree 2024 is pushing it.  Not impossible, but unlikely because most musician of her caliber, prepare for months after recording an album, to start the ball rolling for the promotional, including photo shoots, etc.  If it something going to digital/streaming only, it might come faster, but if we expect physical releases, it's going several months for that all to happen as well.  2025 seem like a likely chance we'll be getting a new album. 

My hope is that they start the re-issues this fall, specifically in time for LAV 40th anniversary release.  :)

10 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Don't give us hope, please :Madonna047:

We've been waiting for these reissues for... never mind, I gonna go cry in the corner

I get it!  I know most of us were excited mostly of the expanded album re-issues with the Waner deal.  Believe me, I was convinced it was gonna start with the first album.  Now again, I'm hoping that with the 40th Anniversary of LAV, this will be the opportunity to take advantage of a landmark celebration in her career.  Of course, we fans, feel most of her albums are "landmark" periods, but now thinking about it, it might be more about those "landmark" moments where she made a world-wide impact with the album. Her first album didn't... well until her second album came along.  So maybe this is where they are starting.  Possibly, "wishful thinking", but I also am rational to think this through that they weren't speaking of re-issuing EVERY album, nor were they expecting this to happen as soon as they announce the Warner deal made in 2021.  Meanwhile, a lot of things still have been happening since then.  Also, it's mentioned to be a multi-year deal, so this can go on for some time.  Unfortunately, if the re-issue for LAV doesn't come this fall, then I'm pretty much going to figure they must have ditched the Expanded re-issues idea of the deal. I hope that isn't the case, but many people bring up a good point. It's been three years now and we haven't seen the expanded re-issues yet.  So I can understand the frustration. :)

1 hour ago, Donna said:

I get it!  I know most of us were excited mostly of the expanded album re-issues with the Waner deal.  Believe me, I was convinced it was gonna start with the first album.  Now again, I'm hoping that with the 40th Anniversary of LAV, this will be the opportunity to take advantage of a landmark celebration in her career.  Of course, we fans, feel most of her albums are "landmark" periods, but now thinking about it, it might be more about those "landmark" moments where she made a world-wide impact with the album. Her first album didn't... well until her second album came along.  So maybe this is where they are starting.  Possibly, "wishful thinking", but I also am rational to think this through that they weren't speaking of re-issuing EVERY album, nor were they expecting this to happen as soon as they announce the Warner deal made in 2021.  Meanwhile, a lot of things still have been happening since then.  Also, it's mentioned to be a multi-year deal, so this can go on for some time.  Unfortunately, if the re-issue for LAV doesn't come this fall, then I'm pretty much going to figure they must have ditched the Expanded re-issues idea of the deal. I hope that isn't the case, but many people bring up a good point. It's been three years now and we haven't seen the expanded re-issues yet.  So I can understand the frustration. :)

I completely understand your point and I agree with most of it, but honestly I didn't really want to start a discussion regarding reissues. Don't mean it wrong. 

To make it short, I agree that her first album isn't that "landmark" as we fans would like to believe. It was only LAV that put Madonna on a pop throne, so it would kind of make sense to start reissues with that one (even if I don't understand what's the point of reissuing only a few albums and completely ignore the rest, seems weird idea to me, but that's a different story). 

But to be completely honest, since they absolutely ignored Madonna 40th (first album aside, it's still a huge anniversary because a whole Madonna career started at that moment), I personally don't expect anything for LAV 40th. Not because I am frustrated, angry, disappointed or anything .. It simply has been too long and I absolutely don't care anymore. I just make fun of this deal at the moment and no longer expect any reissues. Same I did not expect any in 2021 before that infamous Warner announcement, I don't expect any now. I realized I don't even need Madonna to be reissued, she is still here, active, doing her best with tour, and would rather prefer new music while her voice is still fine and all this idea of reissues to be ditched, there is time for reissue in maybe 10-15 years. 

If reissues come sooner, fine with me, will check it, most probably buy it as anything she releases, but if not... I am fine, in a meantime I am just going to have some fun and make stupid jokes how Warner f*cked up with that announcement back in 2021. Which is now.. (almost) three years later... pretty clear they did. 

So don't take me seriously regarding reissue and Warner in the future :)

15 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

I completely understand your point and I agree with most of it, but honestly I didn't really want to start a discussion regarding reissues. Don't mean it wrong. 

To make it short, I agree that her first album isn't that "landmark" as we fans would like to believe. It was only LAV that put Madonna on a pop throne, so it would kind of make sense to start reissues with that one (even if I don't understand what's the point of reissuing only a few albums and completely ignore the rest, seems weird idea to me, but that's a different story). 

But to be completely honest, since they absolutely ignored Madonna 40th (first album aside, it's still a huge anniversary because a whole Madonna career started at that moment), I personally don't expect anything for LAV 40th. Not because I am frustrated, angry, disappointed or anything .. It simply has been too long and I absolutely don't care anymore. I just make fun of this deal at the moment and no longer expect any reissues. Same I did not expect any in 2021 before that infamous Warner announcement, I don't expect any now. I realized I don't even need Madonna to be reissued, she is still here, active, doing her best with tour, and would rather prefer new music while her voice is still fine and all this idea of reissues to be ditched, there is time for reissue in maybe 10-15 years. 

If reissues come sooner, fine with me, will check it, most probably buy it as anything she releases, but if not... I am fine, in a meantime I am just going to have some fun and make stupid jokes how Warner f*cked up with that announcement back in 2021. Which is now.. (almost) three years later... pretty clear they did. 

So don't take me seriously regarding reissue and Warner in the future :)

I understand the frustration.  Like you, I was expecting something more grander with the 40th Anniversary of her first album.  The thing is;  I do care.  And I do believe it's still happening.  I don't think Warners fucked anything up.  I am able to see that the Warner deal wasn't only to announce she was going to release expanded re-issues.  It was an announcement that showed the two have come together once again and struck a deal with her catalog. Meanwhile, they outlined everything they hope to achieve. I think it's possible that we may have taken it way too literally, in thinking it was going to happen a little faster than it's been happening.  I don't see the point of leaving certain details out of the deal just because it may not happen right away. Meanwhile, other things which could be happening behind the scenes, like arranging and licensing her music to films, TV, commercials, etc.  More merchandising. At the same time, updating her streaming and digital platforms.  Releasing various curated projects beyond the album re-issues.  To me, it's all happening, but not at the pace we want it. I still hope for the album re-issues and I can't imagine they aren't planning something for the LAV 40th Anniversary, unlike the minimal they did for her first album's 40th.  Lastly, as I've mentioned before it's a multi-year deal, so I certainly didn't expect this was all going to happen in one or two years time either. Especially when they were clear that the Universal albums would start to be under this deal by 2025. 

And it's okay if you don't want to discuss this anymore.  Please know, I see it as just a civil discussion we're having.  I don't care if we agree on everything. After all, we all are entitled to our opinion.  So if you feel the need to bow out, that's fine to me.  Just know I am not upset or mad at anything you said. I appreciate your two cents as I'm sure you respect mine as well.  That's what a forum is for!  I don't see it as a contest of who is right or wrong. I see it as people sharing their frustrations as well as their appreciation, opinions and ideas!  :luv:

18 minutes ago, Donna said:

I understand the frustration.  Like you, I was expecting something more grander with the 40th Anniversary of her first album.  The thing is;  I do care.  And I do believe it's still happening.  I don't think Warners fucked anything up.  I am able to see that the Warner deal wasn't only to announce she was going to release expanded re-issues.  It was an announcement that showed the two have come together once again and struck a deal with her catalog. Meanwhile, they outlined everything they hope to achieve. I think it's possible that we may have taken it way too literally, in thinking it was going to happen a little faster than it's been happening.  I don't see the point of leaving certain details out of the deal just because it may not happen right away. Meanwhile, other things which could be happening behind the scenes, like arranging and licensing her music to films, TV, commercials, etc.  More merchandising. At the same time, updating her streaming and digital platforms.  Releasing various curated projects beyond the album re-issues.  To me, it's all happening, but not at the pace we want it. I still hope for the album re-issues and I can't imagine they aren't planning something for the LAV 40th Anniversary, unlike the minimal they did for her first album's 40th.  Lastly, as I've mentioned before it's a multi-year deal, so I certainly didn't expect this was all going to happen in one or two years time either. Especially when they were clear that the Universal albums would start to be under this deal by 2025. 

And it's okay if you don't want to discuss this anymore.  Please know, I see it as just a civil discussion we're having.  I don't care if we agree on everything. After all, we all are entitled to our opinion.  So if you feel the need to bow out, that's fine to me.  Just know I am not upset or mad at anything you said. I appreciate your two cents as I'm sure you respect mine as well.  That's what a forum is for!  I don't see it as a contest of who is right or wrong. I see it as people sharing their frustrations as well as their appreciation, opinions and ideas!  :luv:

I didn't mean it personally at all. I just really don't care about reissues at this point :) As I said, when (and if) they are here, I am fine with it, buy it, but I truly don't care about reissues anymore. I am rather enjoying what Madonna is currently doing - amazing Celebration Tour and hopefully new music soon after (by #soon I mean 2025 year, at least) 

I understand your point of view, which is fine, logically explained and presented in a good manner, my point of view regarding this reissue topic is just a bit different, which is also fine :) we are all people with different perception of things, not robots to copy opinions after each other. It's just that we did it multiple times in another thread already, so there is really nothing new to say. I know your stance in all this, you know mine :) and as mentioned, I am only make a bit of harmless fun of Warner announcements and this reissue topic and their potential plans with Madonna in (very long) future, that's all (hence my previous post regarding crying in a corner, wasn't meant seriously) :)

Twitter seems to indicije Max Martin is the main producer of Katys new album...starting to think M in the studio with him has somthing to do with that as we already have so many insiders claiming that there is a collab and that she latery met with katy to record vocals prior to her health scare. Maybe M liked the demo and wanted to contribute.... Hope not, would love him producing M more To hear what they would come up with....

But then again...Knowing M, when she posted could alredy be day 10 of ger working with Max so there is hope...I personally would love her to do a record with Max and The Weeknd...And for other rumored collaborators and stars she was hanging out with...hope they made re-imagined versions of her older songs for the re-issues (FKA Twigs, Arca, Lil Uzi, Honey Dijon, C. and the Queens....etc... 

Well, dreams are free.... 😅

49 minutes ago, TheG said:

Twitter seems to indicije Max Martin is the main producer of Katys new album...starting to think M in the studio with him has somthing to do with that as we already have so many insiders claiming that there is a collab and that she latery met with katy to record vocals prior to her health scare. Maybe M liked the demo and wanted to contribute.... Hope not, would love him producing M more To hear what they would come up with....

But then again...Knowing M, when she posted could alredy be day 10 of ger working with Max so there is hope...I personally would love her to do a record with Max and The Weeknd...And for other rumored collaborators and stars she was hanging out with...hope they made re-imagined versions of her older songs for the re-issues (FKA Twigs, Arca, Lil Uzi, Honey Dijon, C. and the Queens....etc... 

I seriousely hope the next M song, and especially the Max Martin one is not a collab. I have enough of collabs, M is the biggest selling female singer of history, she doesn't need any one on her tracks. M with Justin, M with Kanye, M with Maluma, M with Nikki Minaj, M with Sickick, M with Quavo, M with the Weeknd, M with Anita, M with Saucy Montana, M with Dua Lipa, M with Lil Wayne, M with Swae Lee, M with Tokischa... Enough is enough. Her biggest hits have been Madonna and just Madonna alone. 

1 hour ago, TheG said:

Max Martin commented on the song both her and Madonna worked on.  He made it sound like it was a solo effort that reminiscences her 80's sound. 

10 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

I seriousely hope the next M song, and especially the Max Martin one is not a collab. I have enough of collabs, M is the biggest selling female singer of history , she doesn't need any one on her tracks. M with Justin, M with Kanye, M with Maluma, M with Nikki Minaj, M with Sickick, M with Quavo, M with the Weeknd, M with Anita, M with Saucy Montana, M with Dua Lipa, M with Lil Wayne, M with Swae Lee, M with Tokischa... Enough is enough. Her biggest hits have been Madonna and just Madonna alone. 

That's not how music world (and charts) works today in streaming era. Yes, Madonna is the biggest selling female singer of history, but she did it in a completely different era. 

If she wants to have a proper hit, she would need a collab. Unless she wants to give us another Living for Love, we fans are going to bop, but otherwise song will go unnoticed with general public. But we got that with the last 3 albums, so... I guess it's time to level up to current trends if we want to see her having another global hit. 

I don't mind a collab ....as said ....she needs good numbers in order to have a platform she is used to and to continue what se does on an A scale....

There will always be solo songs along with that....

23 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I love Living for Love. Her best work is always her solo work. (In my humble opinion)

No one is saying Living for Love is bad, I love it too, but chart-wise... That's another story. Hoping she will have a huge hit without some famous collab (as she had previously with JT) is unfortunately only a wishful thinking in the era we are living currently. 

15 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

I seriousely hope the next M song, and especially the Max Martin one is not a collab. I have enough of collabs, M is the biggest selling female singer of history, she doesn't need any one on her tracks. M with Justin, M with Kanye, M with Maluma, M with Nikki Minaj, M with Sickick, M with Quavo, M with the Weeknd, M with Anita, M with Saucy Montana, M with Dua Lipa, M with Lil Wayne, M with Swae Lee, M with Tokischa... Enough is enough. Her biggest hits have been Madonna and just Madonna alone. 

On the back of Popular being her most streamed song (it is still getting over a 1.5 million plays every day on Spotify), your argument is dead in the water. Like it or not, there will be more collabs, you'll just have to get used to the fact.