Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Regardless, no one knows what she’s doing at the moment. The newspaper that is the source of this thread is a fake tabloid with made up stories and there are no other official or reliable sources that say that she is returning to work on the movie now.

A sigh of hope ... you did it man, now I feel we can still face this uncertain moment together, we STILL have hope.

barack obama hope GIF by Obama

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

I like the working title, “little sparrow” with a new song on the soundtrack of the same name.

ohhhh thats right, i forgot about that. not sure if i like that, feels a bit too coffee-shop like, lol..idk. I trust the process

@stefo , my favourite anthropologist ever, you rly don't know pibecitx...

...and despite of the notoriety of British tabloids overall, when it comes to music-related stuff, both Sun and Daily Mail have been served as "alternate press release recipients" for official artist managers to spread actual news just disguised as shock-value rumours to sound exactly as unbelievable until official announcements have come out... This has happened to Kylie, to former Little Mix girls and... to Madonna too.

We must remember that the Celebration Tour first rumours that turned into actual stuff had started exactly through these notorious vehicles.

2 hours ago, Loughie said:

ohhhh thats right, i forgot about that. not sure if i like that, feels a bit too coffee-shop like, lol..idk. I trust the process

I think it's just a place holder name because when she went live with the most recent screen writer she had said she had thought about calling it Whos That Girl? but someone commented that it was already a film title lol then she went on to say she thought "Hi, My name is Madonna", "Nobody Knows Me", and "What It Feels Like For a Girl". Someone then commented MDNA and Lucky Star but she said "Nah thats a skin care line" (lol) and that "Luck has nothing to do with it"

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think it's just a place holder name because when she went live with the most recent screen writer she had said she had thought about calling it Whos That Girl? but someone commented that it was already a film title lol then she went on to say she thought "Hi, My name is Madonna", "Nobody Knows Me", and "What It Feels Like For a Girl". Someone then commented MDNA and Lucky Star but she said "Nah thats a skin care line" (lol) and that "Luck has nothing to do wity it"

Bingo to my wonder of why she did remove the "You can't mess with this lucky star" from the rendition off Bitch I'm Madonna for Celebration Tour!

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think it's just a place holder name because when she went live with the most recent screen writer she had said she had thought about calling it Whos That Girl? but someone commented that it was already a film title lol then she went on to say she thought "Hi, My name is Madonna", "Nobody Knows Me", and "What It Feels Like For a Girl". Someone then commented MDNA and Lucky Star but she said "Nah thats a skin care line" (lol) and that "Luck has nothing to do with it"

That probably is true, but there was a story behind the name.  I might be mistaken, but I thought it referred to something one of her grandmother's called her. 

Anyway, "Little Sparrow" sounded more like something from Dolly Parton. Like you stated, I'm sure it was just a tentative title that was surely to change. Besides, when she did a live Instagram from one of the writing sessions, she was throwing around some possible titles. Therefore, she definitely was still considering something different. :)

1 hour ago, Donna said:

That probably is true, but there was a story behind the name.  I might be mistaken, but I thought it referred to something one of her grandmother's called her. 

Anyway, "Little Sparrow" sounded more like something from Dolly Parton. Like you stated, I'm sure it was just a tentative title that was surely to change. Besides, when she did a live Instagram from one of the writing sessions, she was throwing around some possible titles. Therefore, she definitely was still considering something different. :)

I just said that in the post you quoted!!!! Lol 

Personally i fell in LOVE with her calling it What it Feels Like for a Girl. It's obscure enough yet still somewhat of moderate hit and i get the sense is the tone the story will be in. It is kinda long though...she mentioned how she was testing out titles by saying "hey have you seen the movie What it feels like for a girl?" And whatever title she is thinking of to see what rolls off the tongue better.

A title I'm still hoping for is Live to Tell especially after Celebration!

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I just said that in the post you quoted!!!! Lol 

Personally i fell in LOVE with her calling it What it Feels Like for a Girl. It's obscure enough yet still somewhat of moderate hit and i get the sense is the tone the story will be in. It is kinda long though...she mentioned how she was testing out titles by saying "hey have you seen the movie What it feels like for a girl?" And whatever title she is thinking of to see what rolls off the tongue better.

A title I'm still hoping for is Live to Tell especially after Celebration!

You do know I agree with you?  That's why I quoted and shared more input.

And I also agree "Live to Tell" is a fitting title. I know Madonna liked it as well.  Though, if the Biopic does ever get made, it might take on a whole new name we aren't expecting, knowing Madonna.

1 hour ago, Donna said:

You do know I agree with you?  That's why I quoted and shared more input.

I know, it just so happens that a few times I'll reply to something, get totally ignored then someone else will say the same exact thing and everyone will reply to that person and act is if they were the first ones to reply or answer!

On 6/9/2024 at 4:29 PM, Anapausis said:

@stefo , my favourite anthropologist ever, you rly don't know pibecitx...

...and despite of the notoriety of British tabloids overall, when it comes to music-related stuff, both Sun and Daily Mail have been served as "alternate press release recipients" for official artist managers to spread actual news just disguised as shock-value rumours to sound exactly as unbelievable until official announcements have come out... This has happened to Kylie, to former Little Mix girls and... to Madonna too.

We must remember that the Celebration Tour first rumours that turned into actual stuff had started exactly through these  notorious vehicles.

Oh Anapausis sorry, I just noticed I didn't answer ... well I'm holding on to anything even remotely plausible to fight the perspective this could actually happen  :Madonna023:

I can totally Imagine her calling the fim "little sparrow". So random thing she heard once that the public never associates with Madonna.

It should be Like A Virgin - My Name Is Madonna - Live To Tell (if its sad) - Queen of Pop or something easy to sell

1 hour ago, littlestartman said:

I can totally Imagine her calling the fim "little sparrow". So random thing she heard once that the public never associates with Madonna.

It should be Like A Virgin - My Name Is Madonna - Live To Tell (if its sad) - Queen of Pop or something easy to sell

It will be called: “Bitch I’m Madonna, a brand new hope episode IV” 

Star Wars Amy GIF

Julia Fox Confirms She Was Set to Play Debi Mazar in Shelved Madonna Biopic: ‘I’d Still Love to’ Do It

Fox, who also confirmed she was indeed set to play Debi Mazar in the film, exclusively told IndieWire that Madonna opted instead to go on tour to promote her new album rather than shoot the film.

“I know it was gonna be either tour or movie and then she went on tour,” the “OMG Fashun” host and certified own iconic “Material Girl” told IndieWire. “So I don’t know when the movie will be picking back up again or when they’re going to start working on it again. But I didn’t hear anything. I actually don’t know.”

Madonna co-wrote the script and was set to direct her own life story, as well as personally train Garner to transform into her onstage. The film was officially shelved by Universal in January 2023.

However, according to Fox, the biopic isn’t totally scrapped just yet. Yet Fox’s casting as Mazar might be thrown into question as the years pass, given that the film will center on Mazar and Madonna’s friendship as young adults. The officially untitled film, rumored to be named “Little Sparrow,” is said to culminate with Madonna’s 1990 Blonde Ambition tour.

“I mean, I’d still love to but I genuinely don’t know,” Fox said. “They are going back, you know, when, when they’re like 19 and they first meet. I feel like I might have already aged out of that casting, but we’ll see.”

Fox added, “I love Debi. She’s truly New York royalty, and it would be an honor to play her.”

madonna-julia-fox-debi-mazar2.jpg

9 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Julia Fox Confirms She Was Set to Play Debi Mazar in Shelved Madonna Biopic: ‘I’d Still Love to’ Do It

Fox, who also confirmed she was indeed set to play Debi Mazar in the film, exclusively told IndieWire that Madonna opted instead to go on tour to promote her new album rather than shoot the film.

“I know it was gonna be either tour or movie and then she went on tour,” the “OMG Fashun” host and certified own iconic “Material Girl” told IndieWire. “So I don’t know when the movie will be picking back up again or when they’re going to start working on it again. But I didn’t hear anything. I actually don’t know.”

Madonna co-wrote the script and was set to direct her own life story, as well as personally train Garner to transform into her onstage. The film was officially shelved by Universal in January 2023.

However, according to Fox, the biopic isn’t totally scrapped just yet. Yet Fox’s casting as Mazar might be thrown into question as the years pass, given that the film will center on Mazar and Madonna’s friendship as young adults. The officially untitled film, rumored to be named “Little Sparrow,” is said to culminate with Madonna’s 1990 Blonde Ambition tour.

“I mean, I’d still love to but I genuinely don’t know,” Fox said. “They are going back, you know, when, when they’re like 19 and they first meet. I feel like I might have already aged out of that casting, but we’ll see.”

Fox added, “I love Debi. She’s truly New York royalty, and it would be an honor to play her.”

madonna-julia-fox-debi-mazar2.jpg

" it was gonna be either tour or movie and then she went on tour"

Great!!

So What I can sense after reading this article is that the Madonna biopic would only be made after Madonna's death.

tour or movie. And She chose to go on a tour! End of story~ Thank god~ LOL

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic