Just heard about this: how many of you remember this amazing 1996 track by Garbage from the Romeo+Juliet soundtrack?

Well the moaning voice wich opens and make the background for the whole song, wich I always thought was Shirley's, in reality is M's: Nellee Hooper, who produced the track, used his Bedtime Story recordings to complete the Garbage arrangement. I loved to learn it cause I've been a huge Garbage fan and I never noticed it.

EDIT: apparently it was a fake rumour, it's not confirmed anywhere it's M's voice, sorry.

On 6/23/2024 at 5:41 PM, stefo said:

Just heard about this: how many of you remember this amazing 1996 track by Garbage from the Romeo+Juliet soundtrack?

Well the moaning voice wich opens and make the background for the whole song, wich I always thought was Shirley's, in reality is M's: Nellee Hooper, who produced the track, used his Bedtime Story recordings to complete the Garbage arrangement. I loved to learn it cause I've been a huge Garbage fan and I never noticed it.

Yessss it's a shame because they were actually going to shoot a video for the song but never did. I wonder as well how it would've been had nellee and M not get into a fight and had he produced ROL.

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yessss it's a shame because they were actually going to shoot a video for the song but never did. I wonder as well how it would've been had nellee and M not get into a fight and had he produced ROL.

I'm not understanding if you're serious or joking, sorry :lol: did they really get into a fight?

Anyway I read in another thread, wich was open after this post, that apparently the vocals are not even M's so ...

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I'm not understanding if you're serious or joking, sorry :lol: did they really get into a fight?

Anyway I read in another thread, wich was open after this post, that apparently the vocals are not even M's so ...

Sorry, my post came out confusing. Lol Garbage was starting to blow up and this song really did it for them. Closedt comparison I can think of is Twenty One Pilots and how they were growing but their song Heathens from Suicide Squad exploded. Garbage were going to film a video for #1 Crush but obviously didnt happen. Not sure if it's because their label didnt want it or something else.

Nellee Hooper and Madonna did get into a fight yes. That's why they never worked together ever again after I Want You. Not sure if it happened right after or if it happened when she was trying to figure out what direction her next album (ROL) was going to take.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Nellee Hooper and Madonna did get into a fight yes. That's why they never worked together ever again after I Want You. Not sure if it happened right after or if it happened when she was trying to figure out what direction her next album (ROL) was going to take.

Oh I didn't know this, it's interesting, who knows what for ... Thank you anyway :cute: