The I dislike Rebel Heart thread.

patriziagucci

Those are not good songs. People complain about Bitch I'm Madonna but the lyrics on those songs you mentioned could have been written by a fourth grader. All the melodies are straight up plagiarized from something else. The album had no hits outside of Hung Up, which was a hit solely because of an ABBA sample, nobody cared about any other song from this "masterpiece", and Hung Up flopped in the US, she was totally aiming for a number 1 and only managed a number 7. If you love it that's fine but don't call it a masterpiece. It's not a good look for you and it isn't for Madonna either. This woman invented pop music, Kylie Minogue did Confessions On A Dancefloor 5 years before Confessions On A Dancefloor, let's call a spade a spade, there is nothing masterly about it.

Um, ok! Really cool and interesting.

Well, I'm just going to express my opinion and that's it, I'm not willing to fight, I don't want to offend anyone. I think we are mature enough to respect everyone's opinion.

At first when the whole thing was announced, I thought I wasn't going to like the album; I read some bad reactions to the leaks (which I didn't listened to, and fact, haven't listened) and some bad reactions to the record when it finally came, so I kinda believed them.

I finally listened to the record when I got it for christmas last year, and I tried to not have any expectation just in case the album was really that awful. I really really enjoyed it. There are certains songs that I hated, the case of Illuminati and Iconic (the song is actually good, but the drops ruins it for me, big time), but the rest of the record is really good.

I don't get the hate this whole era got, I think it was waaaaaaay better than Hard Candy and MDNA.

What is a true Madonna album for you?

Maybe a real pop album like True Blue?

Or an album with deep lyrics like Like A Prayer?

Or a risky album like Erotica or American Life?

Nevermind...

Rebel Heart has many songs with the best lyrics in much time, and a lot of catchy pop melodies.

Most of the best songs in Rebel Heart haven't and won't be singles.

But an album with good songs and no singles, is not a bad album.

What is what you don't like from Rebel Heart, the album?

Is it the "sound" actually important?

Do you think that she could sell any copy with exactly the same sound as True Blue album nowadays?

You've said her voice doesn't sound the same since American Life.

How old are you?

I'm old enough to know that people's voices change with age, and mine does.

Do you think that she could sing with the same voice as Like A Prayer nowadays?

Nevermind...

You didn't like Rebel Heart album (I'm not in the mood to discuss about complete era).

Good for you!

But seriously, from the respect... Are you trying to convince people of something?

Or are you trying to convince yourself of something?

I'm also not in the mood to discuss about Confessions era.

So, here my intervention ends.

Good night, my dear fans!

And good night, @@patriziagucci

Then why did you post on this thread?

"those are not good songs", to you. There's no comparision between Confessions and the music that came after from her. Confessions is well composed musically, it's not basic dance music like Celebration, Revolver, Girl Gone Wild, etc, etc, It's sad that you can't hear that. You don't even have to like the album to have some more objectivity. "No one cared about it" yet it's her last big success, and I do think S&S owes much of it's success to this album. Most probably I wouldn't be here without this album, and this forum wouldn't exist.

She has recorded many well composed songs since Confessions, though. I already mentioned some, but I'd add Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Voices, Falling Free, Rebel Heart, Devil Pray, Borrowed Time, and more.

I love Madonna for what she is today. I love everything that makes you and the community seethe. The grills, the crazy clothes, exposing her breasts, her instagram, I absolutely love it. 

Honestly, the most important thing about Madonna is her music, at least I think so. You don't like her music, and that's ok, but there's more to life than Madonna if you don't like her music then surely some other artist is doing music you can actually like, perhaps you haven't discovered it yet. Madonna is not even my favourite artist, but I love her albums, her directorial efforts, her live shows, and I like her as a person a lot. You can't honestly think Madonna the artist is dead, maybe make a bit more effort to see the good in her work, otherwise move on because it will save you a lot of time and frustration. It's been over 10 years for you since her last good work? That's a long time.

I do agree with one thing though, that the public's dislike towards her at the moment is largely not because of ageism, but you need to cut the hyperbole and tone down the hate because it makes you look obsessed with a celebrity whose work you don't even like. Which is just.... ekk.

"those are not good songs", to you. There's no comparision between Confessions and the music that came after from her. Confessions is well composed musically, it's not basic dance music like Celebration, Revolver, Girl Gone Wild, etc, etc, It's sad that you can't hear that. You don't even have to like the album to have some more objectivity. "No one cared about it" yet it's her last big success, and I do think S&S owes much of it's success to this album. Most probably I wouldn't be here without this album, and this forum wouldn't exist.

She has recorded many well composed songs since Confessions, though. I already mentioned some, but I'd add Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Voices, Falling Free, Rebel Heart, Devil Pray, Borrowed Time, and more.

Honestly, the most important thing about Madonna is her music, at least I think so. You don't like her music, and that's ok, but there's more to life than Madonna if you don't like her music then surely some other artist is doing music you can actually like, perhaps you haven't discovered it yet. Madonna is not even my favourite artist, but I love her albums, her directorial efforts, her live shows, and I like her as a person a lot. You can't honestly think Madonna the artist is dead, maybe make a bit more effort to see the good in her work, otherwise move on because it will save you a lot of time and frustration. It's been over 10 years for you since her last good work? That's a long time.

I do agree with one thing though, that the public's dislike towards her at the moment is largely not because of ageism, but you need to cut the hyperbole and tone down the hate because it makes you look obsessed with a celebrity whose work you don't even like. Which is just.... ekk.

I've been a fan since 1999. If you just came on board with Confessions, then that explains everything. You don't know Madonna. Us who have followed her for longer and who grew up with her because I was familiar with her since the late 80's, can understand just how much Confessions ruined and derailed her, musically and artistically. The music that came after Confessions is the same as Confessions. Manufactured music that relies heavily on duets/preexisting work done solely for the purpose of sales. Up until Confessions she was a pop ARTIST. She's nowhere near that and hasn't been for decades and you are blithely unaware of it. That's fine, but I am not unaware of it and I can say it. Sorry it offends you.

Well, I'm just going to express my opinion and that's it, I'm not willing to fight, I don't want to offend anyone. I think we are mature enough to respect everyone's opinion.

At first when the whole thing was announced, I thought I wasn't going to like the album; I read some bad reactions to the leaks (which I didn't listened to, and fact, haven't listened) and some bad reactions to the record when it finally came, so I kinda believed them.

I finally listened to the record when I got it for christmas last year, and I tried to not have any expectation just in case the album was really that awful. I really really enjoyed it. There are certains songs that I hated, the case of Illuminati and Iconic (the song is actually good, but the drops ruins it for me, big time), but the rest of the record is really good.

I don't get the hate this whole era got, I think it was waaaaaaay better than Hard Candy and MDNA.

I think Rebel Heart has much more good music than HC and MDNA, but the era was very odd and messy, even before the leaks. I think those other things mostly ruined the era. I think I've said enough times what those things are so I won't repeat myself.

I've been a fan since 1999. If you just came on board with Confessions, then that explains everything. You don't know Madonna. Us who have followed her for longer and who grew up with her because I was familiar with her since the late 80's, can understand just how much Confessions ruined and derailed her, musically and artistically. The music that came after Confessions is the same as Confessions. Manufactured music that relies heavily on duets/preexisting work done solely for the purpose of sales. Up until Confessions she was a pop ARTIST. She's nowhere near that and hasn't been for decades and you are blithely unaware of it. That's fine, but I am not unaware of it and I can say it. Sorry it offends you.

I love how you don't even took time to respond or think about what I said, and had to belittle me while i didn't.

It is true that you should move on if you don't like her as an artist any longer, so much as to claim she is dead. What a thing to say!

Believe me, I know very much about her, I've studied her work and history as an artist in detail, I wouldn't be here if I hadn't done that. But thanks for assuming things you know nothing about.

Carry on now, and try not to be rude to anyone else or I will make you move on, from this forum, at least. It's only logical.  :seeno:  :heart:

Is trolling allowed? Because just showing up on a thread and contributing nothing to it other than to say it is crap basically, seems like trolling to me.

I don't think anyone reading would think Bermu was trolling or saying your thread is crap. I can't anymore, your perception seems very skewed!. Not wasting any more of my time. 

I love how you don't even took time to respond or think about what I said, and had to belittle me while i didn't.

It is true that you should move on if you don't like her as an artist any longer, so much as to claim she is dead. What a thing to say!

Believe me, I know very much about her, I've studied her work and history as an artist in detail, I wouldn't be here if I hadn't done that. But thanks for assuming things you know nothing about.

Carry on now, and try not to be rude to anyone else or I will make you move on, from this forum, at least. It's only logical.  :seeno:  :heart:

Yes because you just can't tolerate dissension. You keep telling me to move on from Madonna, I will never move on from Madonna because I truly love her. If you can just drop her if you don't like something, that's fine but I'm a true fan and I will always stick by her, and sticking by her is not deluding myself that her last album is great, no, it is sticking by her even if I don'0t like her music.

Yes because you just can't tolerate dissension. You keep telling me to move on from Madonna, I will never move on from Madonna because I truly love her. If you can just drop her if you don't like something, that's fine but I'm a true fan and I will always stick by her, and sticking by her is not deluding myself that her last album is great, no, it is sticking by her even if I don'0t like her music.

Right, I maintain a forum and kept your thread open despite your constant rudeness towards people because I can't tolerate discussion. 

I would not be talking about Madonna if I didn't like her work for the last 10+ years. Talking about how she's dead as an artist and how everything is horrible would not make me a "true fan". I would definitely move on and find something I do like. Because one thing is not liking a few things, or thinking some things could be better, another is hating her work with passion as you do.