The I dislike Rebel Heart thread.

patriziagucci

Hope this thread doesn't turn into drama. Hint: just don't.

Not my favourite era and some ovbious mistakes were made, but I still liked a lot of it. And I'm sure I'm gonna look back on it with a smile, but hopefully there will be better things in the future, I don't just mean from her but FOR her. I hope that the world embraces her more and that things go better for her, but she must also change a few things for that to happen.

All in all I appreciate the things I did like, and try not to think about the rest. Madonna's had such a vast career that it's inevitable to have things you like and things you don't.

I don't think the album is "horrific". I don't understand how you can't find some redeeming things at least, but to each their own... I liked way too many songs, performances, moments, interviews. There was a lot of good imho.

Hope this thread doesn't turn into drama. Hint: just don't.

Not my favourite era and some ovbious mistakes were made, but I still liked a lot of it. And I'm sure I'm gonna look back on it with a smile, but hopefully there will be better things in the future, I don't just mean from her but FOR her. I hope that the world embraces her more and that things go better for her, but she must also change a few things for that to happen.

All in all I appreciate the things I did like, and try not to think about the rest. Madonna's had such a vast career that it's inevitable to have things you like and things you don't.

I don't think the album is "horrific". I don't understand how you can't find some redeeming things at least, but to each their own... I liked way too many songs, performances, moments, interviews. There was a lot of good imho.

Well,what was good about it?? The Like A Prayer rehash of Living For Love with its Instagram filter video, a misspelling of Nietsche or whatever written in Papyri Microsoft word lettering at the end?? Everyone keeps on hollering about it but nobody pinpoints what was so amazing about Rebel Heart.

Well,what was good about it?? The Like A Prayer rehash of Living For Love with its Instagram filter video, a misspelling of Nietsche or whatever written in Papyri Microsoft word lettering at the end?? Everyone keeps on hollering about it but nobody pinpoints what was so amazing about Rebel Heart.

I don't like Living For Love that much. It's just not a very melodic song, and the video.. don't even get me started. It still has a few nice shots and ideas, but the end product.... 

I'd say Ghosttown is great, Heartbreak City, Wash All Over Me, and a lot of other songs. Plus I loved the other 2 videos. A lot of the demo versions were amazing too, some better than the finished tracks, and this seems to be an opinion shared by many.

There's many other things I like. If you don't like any of those things then you just don't and it's fine. Maybe next one?

Why? because you can't tolerate opinions?? I get 4 responses of catty gifs to my post and I AM the one making trouble?? Give me a break.

No, because you just can't stop being rude to other members.

Gifs are for fun, I haven't even slightly attacked you and you're already on the defensive and being aggressive.

/closethread

Why? because you can't tolerate opinions?? I get 4 responses of catty gifs to my post and I AM the one making trouble?? Give me a break.

What? We can't tolerate opinions? A user said "You in danger" with a funny gif, and you already knew that it would be a mess.  you answered the most rude way you could after you said "I know it's impossible for dissent to be tolerated here" come on!!!!! 

I hated Rebel Heart from when i first heard it. I didn't like a single song. I tried to listen to a few songs about 6 months ago and i felt the same.However, after hearing Joan Of Arc at Tears of A Clown, a performance that i thought was great, i added the album version to my TOAC album vedsions Spotify playlist. After hearing it a few times now, i've come around to liking the album version. I'm not going to say it's amazing or incredible etc., but i've learned to like it, and it's pleasant enough. OK, compared to her back catalogue it doesn't quite compare, but judged alone, on it's own merits it's ok actually. I've recently tried listening to more songs again. On the whole, i'm still not that impressed by it, but if i dissect some of the tracks, there are some flashes of greatness that i never realised before. I hate the low and high vocals on the verse for Living Fof Love and i'm not sold on the chorus or that warbling voice going "looooove", but i really like the bridge oddly enough. It's beautiful, with a simple piano and her voice with no odd effects and no awful double vocals. And i could like Devil Pray if the bridge about drugs, weed and acid etc. wasn't in it as it's just so cheesy and corny. Similarly i really like S.E.X. It's dark, seedy, eerie and mysterious. I like the sex lesson bit in the middle and i don't mind the lyrics about getting on top and being wet, but the "cum inside of me" bit is just, ......., i dunno.......hide behind a cushion excrutiatingly, cringewirthy and embarrassing....I may come around to liking more songs one day....who knows?

I hated Rebel Heart from when i first heard it. I didn't like a single song. I tried to listen to a few songs about 6 months ago and i felt the same.However, after hearing Joan Of Arc at Tears of A Clown, a performance that i thought was great, i added the album version to my TOAC album vedsions Spotify playlist. After hearing it a few times now, i've come around to liking the album version. I'm not going to say it's amazing or incredible etc., but i've learned to like it, and it's pleasant enough. OK, compared to her back catalogue it doesn't quite compare, but judged alone, on it's own merits it's ok actually.I've recently tried listening to more songs again. On the whole, i'm still not that impressed by it, but if i dissect some of the tracks, there are some flashes of greatness that i never realised before. I hate the low and high vocals on the verse for Living Fof Love and i'm not sold on the chorus or that warbling voice going "looooove", but i really like the bridge oddly enough. It's beautiful, with a simple piano and her voice with no odd effects and no awful double vocals. And i could like Devil Pray if the bridge about drugs, weed and acid etc. wasn't in it as it's just so cheesy and corny. Similarly i really like S.E.X. It's dark, seedy, eerie and mysterious. I like the sex lesson bit in the middle and i don't mind the lyrics about getting on top and being wet, but the "cum inside of me" bit is just, ......., i dunno.......hide behind a cushion excrutiatingly, cringewirthy and embarrassing....I may come around to liking more songs one day....who knows?

A song like Joan Of Arc should have worked because it is an ok song, but it doesn't because she insists on using this horrific voice that she created with Confessions, her second worst album after Rebel Heart. I don't know what happened but her voice sounds awful since Confessions, and no song is going to work unless she starts singing like she used to sing.

I love S.E.X., I think it should have been the title of the album and this should have been Erotica at 50, but we got Rebel Heart instead.

A song like Joan Of Arc should have worked because it is an ok song, but it doesn't because she insists on using this horrific voice that she created with Confessions, her second worst album after Rebel Heart. I don't know what happened but her voice sounds awful since Confessions, and no song is going to work unless she starts singing like she used to sing.

I love S.E.X., I think it should have been the title of the album and this should have been Erotica at 50, but we got Rebel Heart instead.

CONFESSIONS IS HER WORST ALBUM AFTER REBEL HEART? 

Posted Image

You can't insult people over a joke. You started this thread already in deffensive mode and people were just having fun, without insulting you. 

And I don't close threads right away because i don't like treating people like children. I don't just assume people are going to be immature and rude, yes it's unrealistic, but not impossible.  :lol:

Yes it is. It's ok to rip Hard Candy and MDNA to absolute shreds  but somehow Confessions and Rebel Heart are untouchable, when both are absolute garbage.

well clearly you don't like Madonna for what she is today and what she has been for over 10 years. So why don't you just enjoy her old work? What's the point of being insulting? I don't get it. I don't like some of the things she's done but I know, especially with her music, that she's put time and effort into them and there's always a redeeming quality, in her touring, in her message, in her videos, there's always something to like... if that's not the case for you, then don't be bitter about it. Life's too short to be bitter. And look at other artists, we are lucky to have her around.

It's a very confusing record full of fillers, there's good songs and there songs that are the worst in her career. I don't like the visuals, the photoshoot. There's no concept.

Even Hard Candy it's a better record because she knew what she wanted to do with it, specific sound, specific collabs and producers, it's cohesive. Not with this, I giver her props for trying experimenting sounds that I never knew she would touch like most of Diplo stuff, but it's all over the place Rebel Heart, it doesn't make sense, it's extremely dull and empty.

She's heading to 60 and wanna keep doing this kind of music? Please come back with something meaningful, something mature and yet joyous, fresh and young, please come back with trends, not following them.

Posted Image