Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Me too. The demo was definitely better, but I can listen to it.

Hold Tight is the only song I can't listen anymore. They absolutely ruined it in my opinion.

Hold Tight is a non-song really. It ends before it gets going. Which is the case for many songs on the album.

As far as I'm concerned, Hold tight has the Love Profusion for me : it doesn't bother me as part of the album, but I don't think I'll ever think "hmmm, let's play that song !!"

You are going to change your mind when you hear that anthemic chorus on tour.  :Madonna003:

I love it, not everything has to be super serious, but it's the upbeat and lighthearted continuation of Living for Love. "Only love, only love tonight"...

You are going to change your mind when you hear that anthemic chorus on tour.  :Madonna003:

I love it, not everything has to be super serious, but it's the upbeat and lighthearted continuation of Living for Love. "Only love, only love tonight"...

Oh, I don't hate it :lol: but it doesn't do much for me for the moment, maybe that will change (though I doubt that haha, it never changed with quite a couple of her songs)

Rebelheart93 this album is hardly a flop, it has just come out and could sell the same if not more than MDNA in the long runIt seems like there are LONGTERM plans to keep this album on the charts and sell during the tourAs opposed to MDNA which went #1 everywhere and then fell HARD down the charts everywhereI mean ROL didn't go to #1 in the US and no one considers it a flop because it had incredible longevity on the charts and despite being a #2 peaking album still sold almost 5 million in the US alone, more than most of her US #1 album sales

Rebelheart93 this album is hardly a flop, it has just come out and could sell the same if not more than MDNA in the long runIt seems like there are LONGTERM plans to keep this album on the charts and sell during the tourAs opposed to MDNA which went #1 everywhere and then fell HARD down the charts everywhereI mean ROL didn't go to #1 in the US and no one considers it a flop because it had incredible longevity on the charts and despite being a #2 peaking album still sold almost 5 million in the US alone, more than most of her US #1 album sales

This album is done. Only reason it did this well is because of the pre-order numbers and front-loaded sales. So now maybe we can accept the album for what it is and try to enjoy it and enjoy the tour. I guess people just aren't interested in her at the moment or whatever. So this album will be strictly a fan album.. lol :pop:

If it the sales is lower than MDNA will won't do better than MDNA at the end of the year. MDNA is her Bionic and Rebel Heart is her Lotus

At the first week MDNA sold 359,000 in the US making it her biggest opening week sales since Music. In its second week, the album descended with 48,000 copies or about 86.7% sales decrease biggest second-week percentage drop for a number-one debuting album.

If Billboard predicted sales of 125,000 in the US for Rebel Heart, I don't even wanna imagine in the second week

:cryin:

If it the sales is lower than MDNA will won't do better than MDNA at the end of the year. MDNA is her Bionic and Rebel Heart is her LotusAt the first week MDNA sold 359,000 in the US making it her biggest opening week sales since Music. In its second week, the album descended with 48,000 copies or about 86.7% sales decrease biggest second-week percentage drop for a number-one debuting album.If Billboard predicted sales of 125,000 in the US for Rebel Heart, I don't even wanna imagine in the second week :cryin:

They're saying that the ticket bundle is going to be added for the second week but I dunno how that makes sense since people have had the code since last week.

They're saying that the ticket bundle is going to be added for the second week but I dunno how that makes sense since people have had the code since last week.

They just say that because most of the shows went on sale the second week, but they count whenever they're redeemed.  I got 3 separate e-mails from Ticketmaster this week reminding me in 3 different wordings that I need to redeem my new Madonna music, in case I confused it for spam.

i hope after this era she goes away for a while and rethinks stuff, makes her next movie, etc. She saturated the media while she didn't have music out with appaling social media.. these are the consequences. It's a no-brainer really... but i still had hopes that the music would be enough to erase all that from public consciousness.  :cryin:

Long live Rebel Heart, for what it is. I'm even gonna forget about its flaws for now.