Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

She should have released Ghosttown as the first single right after the 17th december leak, with a good video ready right after Christmas holidays. It would have been a good radio track (I don't like it so much though) but especially it would have been an unheard track, maybe keeping some curiosity alive about the upcoming project. And of course the album... why keeping it till the 10th of march when it was ready one month and a half before? Really can't get it: out in Feb (around the Grammys) and some things could have done better. Because, yes, it's disapponiting that one of her best records finishes underrated like that 

She wouldn't have had time to film a video and have it edited right after the Christmas Holidays people have to have time off to spend time with their families you know. It's not all about her.

It's still frustrating to me that Ghosttown is ALSO one of the first six songs everyone got. And that Bitch I'm Madonna (possibly planned for 3rd) is too. These were the first ones the general public heard almost three-and-a-half months ago. These choices aren't going to build excitement for the album or the single, unless something spectacular happens. At least Ghosttown is catchier than LFL (imo) and the album is overall pretty great. I just wish they'd planned everything better (starting with security).

Well the fact that they release such piss poor singles means they don't really care about success. I'm starting to believe she doesn't care about success anymore.  :stare: (but then I remember all the performances this era where she looks uncomfortable and I think why put yourself through this if you dont care ... )

She needs an all new team that can actually look out for her and knows wtf they're doing. Theyre wasting her time promoting if they're gonna fuck up every release.

Anyways remixing the singles slighty and then putting them up on single EPs on itunes is a great way of selling it new which helps build some momentum. Between performances, a truly great viral video (maybe mini movie style - make it an event) that's the best chances she could get. Then again I need to wake up from my fantasies already.

She should have released Ghosttown as the first single right after the 17th december leak, with a good video ready right after Christmas holidays. It would have been a good radio track (I don't like it so much though) but especially it would have been an unheard track, maybe keeping some curiosity alive about the upcoming project. And of course the album... why keeping it till the 10th of march when it was ready one month and a half before? Really can't get it: out in Feb (around the Grammys) and some things could have done better. Because, yes, it's disapponiting that one of her best records finishes underrated like that 

I dont think she could've released it sooner because it takes time to manufacture the physical copies and there are contracts signed with distributors etc plus the promotional campaign. When Björk's album leaked and she decided to release it early digitally, her distributors swore never to work with her again because they argued an early digital release would diminish physical sales...

I dont think she could've released it sooner because it takes time to manufacture the physical copies and there are contracts signed with distributors etc plus the promotional campaign. When Björk's album leaked and she decided to release it early digitally, her distributors swore never to work with her again because they argued an early digital release would diminish physical sales...

Thanks for the explanation... it reallly is a mad mad world!!

Music business really needs a new model so. They're really done otherwise, 'cause I suppose we all know that the web behavior is not gonna change in the future... arrests included. 

And we finish having this surreal situation FANS VS ARTISTS and ARTISTS VS FANS

I love this album a lot but why do I feel like this is such a mess now...... ? :( Promotion has been good, but I just don't like the way she tells her fans to stop complaining...... not a good thing to do..... a bit unprofessional if you ask me.

I know its such a stan thing to say  :laughing: i was dissapointed, but I hope she was only joking.

I love this album a lot but why do I feel like this is such a mess now...... ? :( Promotion has been good, but I just don't like the way she tells her fans to stop complaining...... not a good thing to do..... a bit unprofessional if you ask me.

Maybe I haven't paid attention but why did she tell them that? I mean who and why ? What actually happened?

Maybe I haven't paid attention but why did she tell them that? I mean who and why ? What actually happened?

she posted the ghosttown cover on instagram and most comments said the cover wasn't good, so she posted another instagram telling people "stop complaining byatches" or whatever 

that's what I was talking about, if you start having money you don't care anymore and the most important you don't want to spend, this era is very amateur.

oh ok im not sure what you mean, but i thought you were saying fans who complain about faulty/amateur stuff are greedy  :confused: I hate that kind of thinking.

but anyways, Im just gonna patiently wait for the Ghosttown music video. And I promise that if I dont like it I'll let others enjoy it. 

oh ok im not sure what you mean, but i thought you were saying fans who complain about faulty/amateur stuff are greedy  :confused: I hate that kind of thinking.

but anyways, Im just gonna patiently wait for the Ghosttown music video. And I promise that if I dont like it I'll let others enjoy it. 

I believe the video will be good but a little amateur shooting in a studio in order not to be spent lots of money again...after she left warner the albums and videos haven't been inspirational and professional anymore.