I'm Going Bananas Vs. Spanish Lesson

Headless.Headphones

24 members voted

1. 1. Fav?

• I'm Going Bananas
    • Spanish Lesson

I'm Going Bananas big time. For those who don't know, this song is a parody / hommage to Brazilian entertainer Carmen Miranda. The concept behind I'm Breathless fits very well here. Madonna's vocals on IGB are fun and super on spot, the lyrics are quite excellent as a recall of music-hall and comedic numbers. Another nod from Madonna to clowns, sort of, decades before TOAC ! Also another incarnation of tongue-in-cheek Madonna that not so many people get.

Spanish Lesson is just terrible and boring.

I'm Going Bananas big time. For those who don't know, this song is a parody / hommage to Brazilian entertainer Carmen Miranda. The concept behind I'm Breathless fits very well here. Madonna's vocals on IGB are fun and super on spot, the lyrics are quite excellent as a recall of music-hall and comedic numbers. Another nod from Madonna to clowns, sort of, decades before TOAC ! Also another incarnation of tongue-in-cheek Madonna that not so many people get.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLsTUN1wVrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THIS.

Wow I didn't know it was about Carmen Miranda, now that instantly changes my perception of this song 100%.

giphy.gif