Madonna comments on Guy Oseary's instagram

Luiz Ribeiro

7 hours ago, LivingForLove94 said:

Also, people forget HC was a very cohesive album written and produced with a restricted number of people, so the "songwriting camp" thing is invalid. 

As for RH, she said it herself back in 2015 that she did not like the "on and off the train" process but still, she loved working with Avicii/Toby/Mozella and Diplo and the album is full of wonderful tracks that I still fail to see how they were chasing trends, the album is simply Madonna being Madonna.

I agree with you that RH was full of good songs, but was destroyed in the production and arrangement choices - see Joan of Arc or Beautiful scars or even Living for love. Maybe a single person behind the process was missing, too many songwriting credits. I'd love that Madonna writes more instead of just changing a line or two and getting the credit for a song that clearly is not really hers (see what has recently been said about Candy Perfume Girl, but also recent demos like Turn up the radio, which I like to be honest). When she writes a lyric you can feel it: see Like a prayer album.

As for HC, it is cohesive indeed but, as it has been said before, it looked as Madonna was following a trend for the first time in her career rather than creating a new one. But I agree that the team's intentions were very clear in that project.

As for the speculation, yes it's just speculation, as we all are doing here in these posts, killing time whike the album is ready. You are new (welcome!) and haven't experienced the nightmare of the RHT dvd topic! :hearno:

13 hours ago, Enrico said:

As for HC, it is cohesive indeed but, as it has been said before, it looked as Madonna was following a trend for the first time in her career rather than creating a new one. But I agree that the team's intentions were very clear in that project

It was more so that Hard Candy and MDNA didnt elevate those trends that much as well as being late. Still have the Madonna magic in there somewhere but not in the exceptional way of previous albums.