Madonna comments on Guy Oseary's instagram

Luiz Ribeiro

Don't forget she likes to make fun of herself and her friends all the time so don't take this "tantrum" too seriously.

She's been working on her music for weeks if not months now, she wouldn't be complaining about songwriting camps if she was in the middle of it. Maybe she's just enjoying herself in the studio with 3 or 4 nice people (remember the candies post) and also pulling Guy O's leg with not so fond memories from previous albums.

8 hours ago, stefo said:

Shortly I think the album is not more than a very few months to be released and she already got most of it done.

I'm not totally sure what you're saying here but if you're saying the album is almost done & will be released in a few months....we're not seeing any album before fall.  Lead single by end of summer if we're very lucky. 

Actually, no one is really blaming Guy O.  (at least in this thread).  Though, I know in other groups this was the fuel that gave people who hate him to go off on him and make it like she's pissed at him or something.

For me, it's pretty clear what her issue is. She doesn't like the lack of connection and passion in making music with her collaborators.  Everyone is in a hurry to get things done or not 100% invested as they lack the attention to stay focus on one project until it's finished.  I don't feel like it has anything to do with her being forced or not liking who she teamed up with.  But she did complain about Diplo lack of being 100% there when making the record.  She even stated she had to always reel him and others back in, to get things finished.  They don't have the same work ethic as her.  Everyone in the past who worked with her, always said the same thing about her.  She doesn't fuck around while in the studio.  She means business.  She goes in and is 100% focused.  I guess she got a bit wrapped up in that with her last few albums where the discipline was less. 

I feel she's yearning for the old days of making a record.  As for Guy.  Him and previous managers and her record company would always line her up with people. That's happened since the Virgin days.  You don't really think she sought out Niles Rogers.  Her manager and record company did.  And certainly she wasn't going to argue with that since he had been tied to David Bowie's "Let Dance" album and Duran Duran at the time who both had huge success thanks to him.  Even Patrick Leonard was recommend to her for the Virgin tour and they just connected.  I guess she's looking for more of that "connection" with her collaborators. 

Even some of her First album, the record company sent in people to help produce.  Back then, she wasn't happy with some of those mixes and brought Jelly Bean in to remix some of her songs for the singles.

I have to agree it seems since Hard Candy, she started to work with just who is HOT at the moment or was HOT.  With MDNA she just worked with so many people that it got a bit messy. I think the same with Rebel Heart, even though she produced a lot of great tracks off that album. But we also know she have over 40 demos.  That's not a normal album making process for her.

9 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

I'm not totally sure what you're saying here but if you're saying the album is almost done & will be released in a few months....we're not seeing any album before fall.  Lead single by end of summer if we're very lucky. 

I'm thinking @stefois "wishful thinking".   I don't believe she's almost done. I still feel she's just started and isn't liking how she's being thrown all these people her way, rather just hook up with one or two people to produce a solid album. 

I can be wrong of course, but I think she already recorded much more stuff than the 5 or 6 songs we can think. I admit maybe I was too positive saying she's almost done, but I don't think she's really still at the beginning of the process. 

Anyway I would absolutely substain her if she should choose to start all over again (as she did for ROL) and work in a more creative, experimental and visionary way with a single writer and producer.

We  have no proof she worked on any amount of songs. All we know is she was in the studio once and Starrah and Billboard were somehow involved.  Whether she accomplished anything to her liking, we can only speculate especially since her latest post on Guy's IG.  I truly believe she just started.  I would love to be wrong though.  But I don't believe we're going to see anything new until the Fall (at the earliest). Unless, she's planning to release a couple of singles in advance like artists have been doing lately.  Though, I am not sure that would be beneficial to her since her singles wouldn't get picked up for mainstream plays/success.

honestly anything we say is speculation, we dont really know what she meant nor what shes doing nor feeling so :eyes: but thats why doing things like this gets messy real quick because shes madonna and everything she says and does is gonna be dissected 50 different ways. i hope the album will go well. 

And I add that also my idea of a secret collab with Leonard was just a stupid thought: in the following interview is said that the album he's working on in La "... which will likely be released in two volumes, is composed of newly recorded versions of those famous Madonna songs, performed with some of the original musicians, including guitarist Bruce Gaitsch and bassist Guy Pratt. A Kickstarter campaign for the album will launch in the coming weeks."

https://www.slantmagazine.com/features/article/interview-patrick-leonard-talks-madonna-leonard-cohen-and-instagram-fame

Now that's a nice news anyway, right?

5 hours ago, Fighter said:

I'm not sure where people are getting this. :confused:

Anyways Im not sure what she's referring to with the whole standing up for herself making her a bitch instagram, but im glad shes standing up for her creative process. Is it messy to do it with public comments like this? MAYBE but she's a free woman lmao. Hopefully it will yield positive results and not drama.

I wish she would wipe all of her social media accounts and start again.

Her surprisingly bad grammar, emoji overuse and LQ images are bad for her brand.

Let's hope Ray of Light's 20th anniversary has reignited her true artistic spirit.

It's been hard for me to love her post-2008 output to the same degree.

26 minutes ago, evrybdygegeget said:

Her surprisingly bad grammar, emoji overuse and LQ images are bad for her brand.

Let's hope Ray of Light's 20th anniversary has reignited her true artistic spirit.

I let go of that "perfect" brand a long time ago sis

1 hour ago, evrybdygegeget said:

I think you're taking her IG account a bit too seriously.  I kinda have to laugh when people rag on  her about "bad grammar" when I don't think she's purposely trying to be perfect with her grammar.  Also, we all know that auto correct and unintentional flimsy typos happen to everyone when posting to social media.  Nothing she posts has done any damage to her "brand" either.   And lastly, I do believe with each new album her "true artistic spirit" is part of the process.  Just because we personally dislike something doesn't mean she didn't put her heart and soul into it. 

4 hours ago, evrybdygegeget said:

Madonna is a highly literate person who likes to play dumb, she's not Taylor fucking Swift.

Her use of social media is at the same time very first degree and also subversive. Subtlety is sadly not something everyone understands.

On 2/27/2018 at 5:57 PM, discohub said:

Madonna is a highly literate person who likes to play dumb, she's not Taylor fucking Swift.

Her use of social media is at the same time very first degree and also subversive. Subtlety is sadly not something everyone understands.

Hey stranger, please don't talk down to me.

How about you lot take your defensiveness down a notch?

It's an opinion of mine that Madonna's (intentional or unintentional) social media use does her no favours, and many people share that opinion.

It may differ from yours but it remains one that we are entitled to have.

Accept it or try to deny it, but please spare me the condescending tone.

Guest TheLookofLove
14 minutes ago, Bel said:

Put it this way: while Madonna is subject to a songwriting crapshoot, Justin Timberlake – an artist of nowhere near her stature – gets to release a 16-track longueur about his weird woodsman fantasies, made with an intimate team. I know which one I’d rather see reined in. Maybe Madonna doesn’t have another Ray of Light in her – but after 36 years in the business, she’s at least earned the right to give it her best shot

The shade towards JT's Joanne is everything :Madonna049:

16 hours ago, discohub said:

While Instagram is not my favorite Madonna "expression", I have to agree. 

And I have to admit that many times she shares very beautiful pictures, some of them are even better than her photoshoots TBH. 

11 hours ago, Liam said:

I think you're taking her IG account a bit too seriously.  I kinda have to laugh when people rag on  her about "bad grammar" when I don't think she's purposely trying to be perfect with her grammar.  Also, we all know that auto correct and unintentional flimsy typos happen to everyone when posting to social media.  Nothing she posts has done any damage to her "brand" either.   And lastly, I do believe with each new album her "true artistic spirit" is part of the process.  Just because we personally dislike something doesn't mean she didn't put her heart and soul into it. 

+1

22 hours ago, Jackie said:

It's a total dig at "fast music", where it's written in 5 minutes, recorded in 15 and mastered in 30. That process doesn't let you be creative or visionary.

I think mastering is what's been taking them the less hence the questionable quality in products such as MDNA, the MDNA World Tour and Rebel Heart. Gosh, even the lead single Living for Love had this bad mix in between :ag:

9 hours ago, evrybdygegeget said:

Hey stranger, please don't talk down to me.

How about you lot take your defensiveness down a notch? It's an opinion of mine that Madonna's (intentional or unintentional) social media use does her no favours, and many people share that opinion. It may differ from yours but it remains one that we are entitled to have.

Accept it or try to deny it, but please spare me the condescending tone.

I'm very much aware of that.

The point here was not about me. I like to think that Madonna obviously doesn't care that "many people share that opinion".

I think this article says much of my feelings:

Now, I’m not saying that anyone is above a “songwriting camp”. Some of my favourite hit singles of the last few years have come together when writers being paid by the hour put their heads together in a bid to collectively answer the question: “How do we get middle America to stream this over and over again?” 

But the idea of Madonna, now well into her fourth decade in the music industry, trying to put some of her new-found Portuguese wisdom over the top of a beat that has already been turned down by Selena Gomez and Camila Cabello is not a scenario that brings me a great deal of comfort.

This is not what I want for one of the most important, influential and game-changing artists of the past 100 years, particularly someone who has so many times pushed the envelope, set the trend and is about to celebrate her sixtieth birthday.

Instead, whoever it is that is making Madonna (against her will, seemingly) sit through these “songwriting camps” with a group of people for whom ‘4 Minutes’ is considered “vintage Madge” should listen up. The world is not interested in Madonna’s take on ‘Havana’ or Madonna’s take on ‘Shape Of You’ or Madonna’s take on ‘Despacito’. Young people don’t want it, casual listeners don’t want it, and Madonna’s fans certainly don’t want it.

Full article here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/madonna-step-away-from-the-songwriting-camps_uk_5a95789ae4b0699553ccb0da?oyg

Mmmmm not really a fan of that article. We still haven't listened to a single note of her new music and that writer is making assumptions based on nothing.

Also, people forget HC was a very cohesive album written and produced with a restricted number of people, so the "songwriting camp" thing is invalid. 

As for RH, she said it herself back in 2015 that she did not like the "on and off the train" process but still, she loved working with Avicii/Toby/Mozella and Diplo and the album is full of wonderful tracks that I still fail to see how they were chasing trends, the album is simply Madonna being Madonna.

The dismissive tone towards her "since 2008"/most recent output is the most annoying thing of Madonnaland together with the "Madonna can't sing" myth people made up back in 1985. 

They both need to end :01:

Yeah, we have to remember, this is the same woman who praised the Spice Girls and really dug the Backstreet Boys first single.  So I am not sure she truly opposes sitting down with people who are able to write songs on the fly.  It's more about the process for her, where she's not interested in the in and out of the studio for long periods of time, and those not giving their 150% when working with her.  She just wants to work with people who are dedicated working with her and not going off for weeks or months at a time, holding her up.  And it's not like she's known to spend a lot of time in the studio herself.  She's in and out pretty quickly.